Macross General SCOOPUDA thread

azrael

Just saw an article on Anime News Network saying that the Gold Book is coming out in a digital version.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-08-18/macross-the-movie-gold-book-gets-digital-edition

Details were previously posted on the front page FYI.

http://www.macrossworld.com/3014/macross-the-movie-gold-book-released-as-e-book-for-30th-anniversary/

Dengeki Hobby #10 2012.10

Full page add announcing the Macross 7 BR Box Complete FIRE.

Along with a little add in the corner for FB7. We've seen the info before. Nevertheless, it's great seeing (new?) Mikimoto Haruhiko art of the band.

"VF-1 The First Variable Fighter: 30 years of the Variable Fighter VF-1"

6 page article on the VF-1. With a handy timeline of releases from 19982 to 2010.

#1 Takatoku Toys: 1982~1984

#2 Bandai: 1984~2010

#3 Yamato: 2001~2008

Kit Models: 1983~2010 (cursory glance: Imai, Nichimo, Hasegawa, etc.)

"VF-1J Valkyrie Battroid Mode"

3 page article on a "remodeled" Hasegawa 1/48 VF-1J Fighter

Macross the Forefront:

- DX Chougoukin VF-25G Messiah Valkyrie Renewal Ver.: ¥14,700. Release: end of September. Quite a few picts, mostly highlighting the SSL-9B (open, closed, how it mounts ventrally in GERWALK), the grappling hook and knife.

- DX Chougoukin VF-171EX Nightmare Plus Armoured Parts: ¥5,040. Release: planned for December.

- DX Chougoukin YF-29 30th anniversary colours (VF-1S themed). ¥17,850. Release: planned for October.

- Macross F Warehouse 10: collector card series. ¥105. Release: planned for early September.

- Macross FB7: planned release October 20.

- Yamato 1/60 fully transformable Planet Zola Patrol Corps. Specification VF-19P: ¥23,100. Release: planned for November.

- Yamato 1/60 fully transformable VF-4G Lightning III: ¥26,985. Release: planned for December.

Concluding thoughts: twas a little disappointed at how thin the Macross content was this issue...

"VF-1J Valkyrie Battroid Mode"

3 page article on a "remodeled" Hasegawa 1/48 VF-1J Fighter

remodeled? The model is based on the 1/72 battroid sculpt not a whole new one? And you don't mean 3 pages on the fighter mode right? Just "Fighter" in general?

"Remodeled" is directly quoting the mag. Conversion/kit bash might better describe it. It's a battroid conversion of the 1/48 fighter mode kit (note, not 1/72).

Alas, it's only on the finished battroid, and not on the actual process of converting the fighter kit to battroid.

Those appear to be on the BD.....the seminars are not....

That's because the seminars are nothing but adverts for the BDs.....

- Macross F Warehouse 10: collector card series. ¥105. Release: planned for early September.

I think you mean "wafers" not "warehouse"... :p

Goddamn! Sometimes I really hate katakana. ウエハース (uehaasu) looks nothing like wafer... not to mention that the blurb also has "card" right after the price. >.<

I see. They're probably converting their 3D models of the 1/48 fighter to battroid. Makes perfect sense.

I think it was only a conversion commissioned by the magazine for this special feature...

Anyhow, if anyone is looking for picts: http://hobby.dengeki.com/hobby/#

4th one down (though any of the picts will work as they open the same viewer.) First two pages of the main article w/ timeline.

Edited by sketchley

Goddamn! Sometimes I really hate katakana. ウエハース (uehaasu) looks nothing like wafer... not to mention that the blurb also has "card" right after the price. >.<

I thought you are a Japanese using English because you wrote about Buddhism in the MFB7 thread almost no one catch up with except Japanese. But Japaneses know ウエハース is a snack's name.

No worry about it. Even I sometimes feel disappointed when I find some typos in my Videos uploaded on Youtube which cannot correct.

MACROSS: THE DESIGN @PARCO is coming to Fukuoka from Sept. 14~30. If there are any Macross fans in the area who couldnt make it to the previous exhibits, be sure to check it out!

http://tenjin.keizai.../headline/3647/

Tenjin-san goes there? Tenjin in Tenjin...

Edited by antibiotictab

I thought you are a Japanese using English because you wrote about Buddhism in the MFB7 thread almost no one catch up with except Japanese. But Japaneses know ウエハース is a snack's name.

No worry about it. Even I sometimes feel disappointed when I find some typos in my Videos uploaded on Youtube which cannot correct.

(^.^) ;;;ア、ありがとう。日本に住んでる外国人だけやな。m(_._)m

My university major was about East and Southeast Asia, and there's no way to study the history without also studying Buddhism. And after coming to Japan, it's been fun to visit temples and shrines and get the occasional "hey, I studied/read about this place!" or "so, this is where Kawamori san got the idea for Basara/Vajra... so that's what he really meant!" moments - which probably happens a lot more in Kansai than Kanto...

Not to mention that Buddhism has some interesting aspects to it (the self-mummified Bodhisattva is probably the most eyebrow raising).

Nevertheless, katakana is still my weak point... apologies to the MW members for any confusions on the card + cookie wafer thing.

Edited by sketchley

The wafer cards are quite the rip off. Before you would buy a pack of cards, and get 1 rare, 3 uncommon and 5 commons. Now, you buy 1 pack and get 1 card. Supposedly offset by getting a stale flavorless wafer. They are nice clear plastic, but smaller than standard card size.

That's because the seminars are nothing but adverts for the BDs.....

Studio Musix on Animax in October is "Macross Night."

http://www.animax.co...ex.html#castGst

Studio live of Macross songs by Yoshiki Fukuyama, Chie Kajiura, Megumi Nakajima, Mari Iijima, and of course, the presenter of this program, May'n.

60 minutes is not enough. :huh:

There's a weekly online special on Sept. 13 covering the latest Musicalture and FB7 news. More details as they become available.

UPDATE: Bandai Namco will hold a Macross talk show at some point during the Tokyo Game Show this month. No further information as to what will e talked about or what day the session will be held yet. Could this possibly signal the announcement of a new Macross game?!?!?!?

Edited by Tochiro

Could this possibly signal the announcement of a new Macross game?!?!?!?

As far as I know, there are no probable information about that. No trademark registration about Macross games for Japanese Patent Office exist recently. Some enthusiastic Japanese game fans are keeping on catching up with such a thing.

By the way, you went to the Megaload-01 event, and did you see the information about the airing of the OVAs and Movies on Animax for 8 weeks? I heard the rumor, but there are not enough sources in the Animax web site until now. It says the airing of DYRL, II, and plus the movie edition right now, but I heard Macross F movies will be also aired.

Only the billboard at the event showed that, the rumor says. Is that correct?

Edited by antibiotictab

By the way, you went to the Megaload-01 event, and did you see the information about the airing of the OVAs and Movies on Animax for 8 weeks? I heard the rumor, but there are not enough sources in the Animax web site until now. It says the airing of DYRL, II, and plus the movie edition right now, but I heard Macross F movies will be also aired.

Only the billboard at the event showed that, the rumor says. Is that correct?

yes thats correct. We received an Animax pamphlet showing all the Macross shows that will be broadcast.

Sweet! Gotta get the recorder set up for the MF movies.

Here's the listing: http://www.animax.co...3%82%B9&x=0&y=0

Showtimes (AKA Sunday Night @ 7):

2012.10.07 19:00~: DYRL

2012.10.14 19:00~20:30: MII Eps #1~3

2012.10.21 19:00~20:30: MII Eps #4~6

2012.10.28 19:00~: M+ Movie Edition

We'll have to wait until closer to the end of the month (September) to see the November schedule.

Edited by sketchley

Miss Macross 30, Actress Wing??

応募総数約550名の『ミス・マクロス30コンテスト』のアクトレス・ウイング審査員特別賞を受賞した片木ゆき。

http://www.oricon.co...deview/2016459/

Those are pics from the Megaroad Launch Ceremony which I am hoping to have a report of up by the end of the week.

Three of the actresses from Musicalture were there. One of them was the winner of the Actress 'Wing" of the Miss Macross Contest.

Seriously, you need to explain the stuff you post and stop expecting others to do it for you.....

Three of the actresses from Musicalture were there. One of them was the winner of the Actress 'Wing" of the Miss Macross Contest.

片木ゆき is the winner of 550 contestants.

I remember Megumi is the winner of 5000.

Macross 25, 5000

Macross 30, 550

POOooor Macross Diva...

Seriously, you need to explain the stuff you post and stop expecting others to do it for you.....

Sorry, my English is...

= =

Edited by MacrossCN