Macross General SCOOPUDA thread

azrael

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As indicated by sh9000 here:  http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/29133-macross-books/?page=19&tab=comments#comment-1419680 , Great Mechanics.G 2018 Autumn features a major Macross article, and a gorgeous VF-1/SDF-1 (TV ver.) painting on the cover.

The good news: 26 pages dedicated to Macross, with interviews with Shoji Kawamori and Kazutaka Miyatake.

The bad news: as it's the 36th anniversary of Macross, the article is dedicated to the SDFM TV series.

While there is some mecha (it is a mecha-themed magazine after-all), it's all of stuff that we've seen before.  The only new images are rough sketches by Mr. Kawamori and Mr. Miyatake showing the evolution into what became the "Breast Fighter" (which was itself, ultimately replaced with the VF-1 Valkyrie).  Interestingly, one of those designs is called "Aquarius".

On 9/19/2018 at 12:48 PM, sketchley said:

As indicated by sh9000 here:  http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/29133-macross-books/?page=19&tab=comments#comment-1419680 , Great Mechanics.G 2018 Autumn features a major Macross article, and a gorgeous VF-1/SDF-1 (TV ver.) painting on the cover.

The bad news: as it's the 36th anniversary of Macross, the article is dedicated to the SDFM TV series.

That's a bad news?

On 9/19/2018 at 12:48 PM, sketchley said:

On 9/23/2018 at 9:56 PM, Marzan said:

I don't mind as long as we get more Macross songs/concerts--no longer having high hopes for good story and thankfully I'm not into getting those Delta DX Chogokins :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Mommar said:

Is that good?

It’s pretty good. It ended up having around 25k in sales. So it’s pretty obvious why BW is still holding on to the Delta iteration a bit longer.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As some of you may have heard, Shoji Kawamori appeared at Otakon earlier this year. He gave two panel presentations: one on designs and original concepts and another one on the history of Macross. A transcription of his first panel has been posted on MW's mainpage and the second one will be published at a later date. Enjoy!

http://www.macrossworld.com/shoji-kawamoris-panel-at-otakon-2018-part-1

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/31/2018 at 12:20 PM, TheLoneWolf said:

As some of you may have heard, Shoji Kawamori appeared at Otakon earlier this year. He gave two panel presentations: one on designs and original concepts and another one on the history of Macross. A transcription of his first panel has been posted on MW's mainpage and the second one will be published at a later date. Enjoy!

http://www.macrossworld.com/shoji-kawamoris-panel-at-otakon-2018-part-1

This was very cool. 

I love that Kawamori kit bashes LEGO to make his Mecha prototypes.

Translated from Japanese by Microsoft

Shoji Kawamori 40th Anniversary Commemorative Project "Shoji Kawamori Expo" official Twitter start! We will send you information about "Shoji Kawamori Expo" which will be held from the end of May to the end of June 2019 at the Gallery Aamo (Gallery Ahmo), Tokyo Dome City. #河森EXPO

------

I wanna go but me got no $$$ for it. I'm already going to miss the Macross Crossover Live Concert, and now this. T_T I hope they publish a related book/artbook though. I'd buy it right away!

4 hours ago, hachi said:
Translated from Japanese by Microsoft

Shoji Kawamori 40th Anniversary Commemorative Project "Shoji Kawamori Expo" official Twitter start! We will send you information about "Shoji Kawamori Expo" which will be held from the end of May to the end of June 2019 at the Gallery Aamo (Gallery Ahmo), Tokyo Dome City. #河森EXPO

------

I wanna go but me got no $$$ for it. I'm already going to miss the Macross Crossover Live Concert, and now this. T_T I hope they publish a related book/artbook though. I'd buy it right away!

Hopefully the SpeakerPOD crew can get tickets to report back!

• 3 weeks later...

Page: https://www.nhk.or.jp/anime/macross/

Light Blue Box: Favorite Anime
Teal Box: Favorite Character
Light Violet Box: Favorite Mecha
Orange Box: Favorite Song

Edit: Choose a box, then you choose the series. From there you can choose the character/mecha/song. Then the questionnaire appears. After answering, enable the checkbox (consent), then click the button to the right button to send your vote.

When you choose there's questionnaire, I'll try answering...

Edited by hachi
added a step

11 minutes ago, hachi said:

When you choose there's questionnaire, I'll try answering..

It's in order:

Why did you make your choice? (200 characters or less)

Age (it's a drop down)

Your nickname (guess preferred name)

Prefecture (ie where you live, also a drop down)

32 minutes ago, Focslain said:

It's in order:

Why did you make your choice? (200 characters or less)

Age (it's a drop down)

Your nickname (guess preferred name)

Prefecture (ie where you live, also a drop down)

For those not in Japan, scroll to the last entry 日本国外, so that you don't have to choose a prefecture. It means outside of Japan.

Edit: For gender, first radio button is 'Male', second radio button is 'Female'.

Edited by hachi
gender choosing

My choices:

Favorite Anime: SDF Macross (would have also chosen Macross Frontier)

Favorite Character: Sheryl. I thought if I picked Sheryl we might see more of her :D

Favorite Mecha: VF31C. I had a problem with this one, it was so hard to choose! My choices were Focker's VF1S, Miriya's red VF1J, Hikaru's VF1D, and of course Mirage's VF31C. But I like the VF31C's color the best so I went with it. I think this was the hardest to vote on lol

Favorite Song: I also had a hard time with this one. I went with Northern Cross.

3 hours ago, seti88 said:

Anyone know what's this poll is all about? :unknw:

Thanks for posting this @seti88 It made for a more interesting Friday night :D

Also, according to the site the results will be known in May, via BS premium live broadcast. Hopefully folks in Japan will help us know the winners.

And for those needing to think about their answers, fear not! Survey will be open until April 21, 11:59 pm.

no probs, something to pre-occupy a macross fan's time... :lol: wonder if the answers will end up influencing a toy or a series or not...:rolleyes:

But anyway, I already know i hit a roadblock fav mech section...how can i choose a fav valk?!  *stares into space* 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...