Macross General SCOOPUDA thread

azrael

• 1 month later...

It's been a busy year, and in cleaning up my desk, I found I haven't provided pocket reviews of the following!

Great Mechanics G: 2017 Summer
Released: 2017.06.17

In short, no Macross coverage.  Though, there is a big article on Yamato 2202.

Alas, there isn't even any 'Macross-y' news!

Great Mechanics G: 2017 Summer
Released: 2017.06.17

In short, no Macross coverage.

Faintly 'Macross-y', the article "The Setting" features some of Kawamori san's designs for Eurika 7.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, azrael said:

This is almost as bad as the 50-some pages on the VF-1 in the Chronicles....

At least the 50-some pages on the VF-1 in Macross Chronicle were accurate and of consistently high quality.

The last few installments in the Variable Fighter Master File series (Squadrons, VF-22, VF-4, VF-31) have been so blatantly half-assed that it's almost painful to look at them.  The first two volumes of the VF-1 Master File were some of Master File's best work, so I'm hoping they'll live up to the very high standard set by those first two books with this third volume.

yeah was so intrigued until i looked at the watch and couldnt tell what made it a macross watch.
And finally noticed the kite hidden in the left side. :huh: 

if they had some yellow/black or red striping somewhere maybe would be interested but as it is....emm...

I agree. It’s 35th Anniversary celebration and all it has is a black and white kite logo. I mean, look at the effort they put on their recent One Piece 20th Anniversary Seiko watch. Right? :nea:

36C31A94-73A4-4131-B4EB-469C56A486A6.jpeg.b0e2c66eb33b6e2323889d5cfba5efd5.jpeg

But, I still have to post that Macross Seiko watch since it’s legit Macross product. Hehehe. ^_^ 

Okay. Gleaned some more hard info about this watch. This is for you, fellow WIS’ers. 

Case diameter: 38.5mm

lug to lug: 46mm

thickness: 9.6mm

movement: 7T92 quartz. This movement measures time elapsed up to 1/20 second precision, up to 12 hours.

Nice watch, it’s kinda tough to find Seiko chronographs at a reasonable size - most here in the US are 42mm or larger. I do wish it had an N mecha-quartz movement, but oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a couple of Seiko watches and they're great watches:

PB282616.JPG

But I agree with others, the Macross markings are a bit too subtle for me to jump on it.

Edited by peter

On 6/29/2018 at 6:27 AM, Sildani said:

Okay. Gleaned some more hard info about this watch. This is for you, fellow WIS’ers. 

Case diameter: 38.5mm

lug to lug: 46mm

thickness: 9.6mm

movement: 7T92 quartz. This movement measures time elapsed up to 1/20 second precision, up to 12 hours.

Nice watch, it’s kinda tough to find Seiko chronographs at a reasonable size - most here in the US are 42mm or larger. I do wish it had an N mecha-quartz movement, but oh well.

Thanks!

I was very interested in this watch as "why not?" purchase, but I'm not a fan of quartz (more like replacing batteries).  Seiko has the best bang for your buck and make really nice and cheap automatics.  This would be an instanta purchase with excitement if this was automatic.

Anyone know how to pre-order if you're based in the US?  Doesn't look like can even do so off the Bandai site.

Edited by Kamui 777

I like the look of the watch and was actually thinking about getting it when it was first announced.  After thinking it over and considering the cost plus the proxy fees, I changed my mind.