Macross General SCOOPUDA thread

azrael

Uta Macross Rhythm Game App Previews Sheryl, Freyja, Reina, Makina, and Kaname's Dancing; Confirms Summer Delay 

The official website for the Uta Macross Sumaho De Culture rhythm smartphone game updated on Friday to announce the game's official YouTube channel. The channel began streaming Sheryl Nome, Freyja Wion, Reina Prowler, Makina Nakajima, and Kaname Buccaneer character introduction videos. The videos preview the characters' singing and dancing.

The website also confirmed that the game has been delayed from this spring to this summer. The developers are working to improve the functionality and quality of the game.

The game will feature the "tactical music unit" Valkyrie from Macross Delta and other Macross series characters such as Sheryl Nome and Ranka Lee. The title will be the "first super-dimensional rhythm game" in the Macross franchise and feature various popular songs from the world of Macross.

--

Source: Anime News Network

Edited by endlessabyss

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2017 at 1:37 PM, UN Spacy said:

The official portal site for the Macross franchise announced on May 26 that "Chou Jikuu Kangengaku/Super Dimensional Orchestral Music," the first orchestra concert featuring the music from its first TV series The Super Dimension Fortress Macross (1982-1983) and its feature film edition Macross: Do You Remember Love? (1984) will be held at Tokyo International Forum Hall A on September 17, 2017.

This year marks the 35th anniversary of the long-running sci-fi mecha anime franchise and the 10th anniversary of the death of Kentaro Haneda, the composer of the OP and ED songs of the TV series and the soundtrack music for both TV and film.

In addition to the 80-member Tokyo City Philharmonic Orchestra, 54-year-old Mari Iijima, the voice of one of the two main heroines in the first series, Lynn Minmay, is confirmed to perform in the concert.

She currently lives in Los Angeles, but has agreed to return to Japan for the one day event. The most recent Macross-related event she joined was the franchise's 30th anniversary concert "Macross Crossover Live 30" held at Makuhari Messe in Chiba Prefecture on July 13 in 2013.

The DELTAMA fan club members' advance entries for the 9,500 yen tickets will be accepted from June 13, then the portal site will also start accepting advance entries from non-member customers from July 4.

Source: Crunchyroll

Edited by endlessabyss

12 hours ago, endlessabyss said:

The official portal site for the Macross franchise announced on May 26 that "Chou Jikuu Kangengaku/Super Dimensional Orchestral Music," the first orchestra concert featuring the music from its first TV series The Super Dimension Fortress Macross (1982-1983) and its feature film edition Macross: Do You Remember Love? (1984) will be held at Tokyo International Forum Hall A on September 17, 2017.

This year marks the 35th anniversary of the long-running sci-fi mecha anime franchise and the 10th anniversary of the death of Kentaro Haneda, the composer of the OP and ED songs of the TV series and the soundtrack music for both TV and film.

In addition to the 80-member Tokyo City Philharmonic Orchestra, 54-year-old Mari Iijima, the voice of one of the two main heroines in the first series, Lynn Minmay, is confirmed to perform in the concert.

She currently lives in Los Angeles, but has agreed to return to Japan for the one day event. The most recent Macross-related event she joined was the franchise's 30th anniversary concert "Macross Crossover Live 30" held at Makuhari Messe in Chiba Prefecture on July 13 in 2013.

The DELTAMA fan club members' advance entries for the 9,500 yen tickets will be accepted from June 13, then the portal site will also start accepting advance entries from non-member customers from July 4.

Source: Crunchyroll

This is a rare thing I wanna go unfortunately a lot of my money went into buying Macross stuff (and others) and traveling. I have no monies for it T_T

I hope some footage goes on Youtube...

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/26/2017 at 7:37 AM, UN Spacy said:

Orchestral concert on 9/17 in honor of composer Kentaro Haneda's passing (on 6/2/2007).

Sho Hayami, Eri Takeda, and Mika Doi also appearing at the talk corner with Mari?

On 5/28/2017 at 5:03 PM, hachi said:

This is a rare thing I wanna go unfortunately a lot of my money went into buying Macross stuff (and others) and traveling. I have no monies for it T_T

I hope some footage goes on Youtube...

I hope it gets released on bluray. B))

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, azrael said:

Yes it's a movie. 

Macross Delta Gets Theatrical Anime Project

Please. Please, be a redo of the series. 

Given what a mess the TV series turned into, unless they have different writers attached my only reaction is "DO NOT WANT".

The director's commentary on the Blu-ray better be two hours of Kawamori apologizing for this awful mess.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

On 8/6/2017 at 0:05 PM, frothymug said:

Goddammit. Stop wasting money and time and just give us a new series, please.

Did Delta actually do well enough to warrant a movie??? I'm just shocked.

I guess the answer to your question is YES.  Not including the mess of a story, the music sold very well with jam packed Walkure concerts.  Merchandise like VF-31 toys selling like hot cakes (can't say the same with the SHFiguarts w/c are now marked down).

I just would like to see how they'd redeem the series with this upcoming movie.

I suspect as well that despite all of our opinions that the show was received better by it's intended Japanese audience (and demographic as well). I've seen that with a lot of shows, and even the reverse where an American audience loves a show but it is received poorly by the native audience.

Now I don't know for sure if that is true, but the other things mentioned at least tangentially imply it, but Walkure and DX sales can probably justify it on their own in any case.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm curious what she'd be replacing her in in this case, unless this is a hint that we're going to see more of her in future series/games/whatnot, possibly sounding older.

While I want to say they probably don't have a minor part in mind, she did voice Mina Roshan in Frontier.

http://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1505871549

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...