Macross General SCOOPUDA thread

azrael

Seems no one has written about this news yet...

At Anime Japan, a Macross stage event will be held.

The title is "MACROSS DELTA broadcast coming soon! MACROSS 'Zentoramori' Talk Show Powered by d AnimeStore."

The main agenda of it is, of course, about Macross Delta, but some other VAs will talk about their own roll in the other series.

The attendees are Shou Hayami,Eri Takeda, Tomo Sakurai, Megumi Nakajima, Minori Suzuki and the others. And Mr. Kawamori will also get on the stage simultaneously.

IMPO, I have thought Nakajima-san didn't take a hiatus but retire, but what I have been guessing seems to be wrong. Hmm.

The date is the 1st day of the event, March 26. From 13:35 to 14:15. At The Red Stage of the venue, the 4th Hall of Tokyo Big Sight.

Refer to the details on the link below. Don't worry, it's written in English.

Edited by antibiotictab

Some new models coming out. Storm Attack DYRL SDF-1, Gerwalk VF-1D with Minmei in peril figure, plus a 1/20 scale VF-1!

Also, the little box from Wave states that they're going to be doing 1/72 scale VF's, that have not had a model done in that scale before.

Time for an injection kit VF-4? VF-17/171? VF-2? Something obscure like a VF-14 Vampire? Just have to wait and see!

Seems no one has written about this news yet...

At Anime Japan, a Macross stage event will be held.

The title is "MACROSS DELTA broadcast coming soon! MACROSS 'Zentoramori' Talk Show Powered by d AnimeStore."

The main agenda of it is, of course, about Macross Delta, but some other VAs will talk about their own roll in the other series.

The attendees are Shou Hayami,Eri Takeda, Tomo Sakurai, Megumi Nakajima, Minori Suzuki and the others. And Mr. Kawamori will also get on the stage simultaneously.

IMPO, I have thought Nakajima-san didn't take a hiatus but retire, but what I have been guessing seems to be wrong. Hmm.

The date is the 1st day of the event, March 26. From 13:35 to 14:15. At The Red Stage of the venue, the 4th Hall of Tokyo Big Sight.

Refer to the details on the link below. Don't worry, it's written in English.

https://www.anime-japan.jp/en/stage/rgb_stage/

Hello antibiotictab, how do I get a reservation? And what is "stage-viewing lottery"?

Hello antibiotictab, how do I get a reservation? And what is "stage-viewing lottery"?

The stage viewing lottery is a lottery for a ticket to watch the show.

Details are still TBA I believe.

The SpeakerPODcast Crew will be there, so keep an eye out for us if you get in :-)

(Psssst: this was reported on - in the last podcast ;-)

Edited by Tochiro

Looks like tonight's Macross Modelers show was all about the 1/20 scale offerings from Max Factory.

post-12411-0-34719700-1457094996_thumb.jpg
post-12411-0-10411700-1457094998_thumb.jpg
post-12411-0-87664900-1457094999_thumb.jpg

Special thanks to Tochiro for the pics and info. I was at Zumba tonight, so I missed the showing.

New (photo)book called Space Navy Fleet coming at the end of March. Looks like a crossover with sci-fi/anime spaceships...I love stuff like this. MSRP: 3,780 yen.

Uhm... yes, and no. Title: スペースネイビーヤード 宇宙艦船模型電飾モデリングガイド

In English: "Space Navy Yard: Spaceship Models Decorative Illumination Modelling Guide Book".

It appears to be one of those modelling 'how-to' books, featuring anime and American movie spaceships.

• 2 weeks later...

Great Mechanics G: 2016 Spring
Released: 2016.03.18

Macross/Kawamori Content

6 pgs (all colour!) on Macross Delta, broken down into:
2 pgs: the VF-31 and some generic descriptions/stats, and the basics of the series (Vahl Syndrome, Delta Platoon, etc).
- interestingly the drones are referred to as "Multi Drones". The following is interesting: "フォールド波成分の増幅" - Fold Wave Component amplification".

3 pgs: interview with Dir. Kawamori entitled "The Secrets Of The New Aircraft"
1 pg: colouring of Delta Platoon's VF-31

[*note: 4 of those pages can be seen in the screen grabs found in Jefuemon's link in the post just before this one.]

Almost all of the associated images have been previously released (shots from the preview episode, the VF-31 squadron colours and VF-31A design from the flyer, etc), but there is an extremely nice and clear image of a Drone/FAST Pack equipped Sv-262. From it, and the accompanying text, I've gleaned the following about drones:
- they are 'unmanned aircraft' (text)
- have 4x micro-missile launchers. The launchers are a different design than the one's on the VF-31 and other Valkyries, and may fire a larger sized missile.
- have a single, high-powered beam gun in the center of their dorsal surface (there is a huge heat sink there. Coupled with the lack of a spent cartridge port...)

Alas, it's the same top/front 3/4 view as in all the other released material. So, no clear shots of the rear/bottom, yet.

and... near the end of the book, in the B&W Hobby Planet section:

1 pg of Macross stuff (sans 1/6 of the page devoted to a Freddy Mercury station of all things):
- Hasegawa 1/72 VF-25G Super Messiah (¥4,000. on sale now)
- Hi-Metal R HWR-00-MkII Destroid Monster (¥25,000. planned July release)
- Hi-Metal R Guraaji (¥13,000. planned May release)
- TomyTech 1/144 VF-1A/S sets (4x. ¥7,300 each. Planned June release)
... and a blurb to check out the latest "Macross Delta" related products, and detailed information at the TomyTech webpage, with a CG image of what appears to be a VF-31 model kit (sorry, no linky. Requires a QR Code reader).

Edited by sketchley

I believe the art of the VF-31A in battroid mode and the head-unit hasn't been seen before. (was hoping the -31A had a bit more color in battroid, to make up for the pure grey in fighter----the YF-19 gets quite a bit more color when it transforms---in fighter mode the -19's chest stripes are totally hidden and the shoulder stripes are mostly hidden)

I believe the art of the VF-31A in battroid mode and the head-unit hasn't been seen before.

You can find them here:

http://monkeybacon.mywebcommunity.org/Stats/Statistics/VF-31/VF-31.php

I can't remember which topic the originals were in, but it was from one of Tochiro's photos of a flyer that he picked up about a month back.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm all in for each special edition Bluray.🖕🏼U Harmony Gold.

Hmm, BW and BV seem to be testing the waters and gauging interest from the Western market.

Quick everyone, pre-order it and show them we want more releases with subs!!!

Same here.

Edited by Bub

I'm curious to see how much international sales are going to be, and if it's enough to warrant re-releasing the older Macross titles with English subtitles.

Let's hope it's the start of a trend. It'd be interesting to know how many extra discs they would have to sell in order for it to be profitable.

Anyone have any idea how much translators/typesetter make in Japan? Are they as underpaid as everyone else in the anime industry?

• 1 month later...

https://hlj.com/product/SOF38766/SciIs this for real? VF-4 VFMF in July?

Haven't heard news of this elsewhere yet.

Is there anywhere with translations of the master file books? I know Seto Kaiba on these forums does work with them but I'm not sure if there is any online translation. Edited by Master Dex

Is there anywhere with translations of the master file books? I know Seto Kaiba on these forums does work with them but I'm not sure if there is any online translation.

Yeah, my site: http://monkeybacon.mywebcommunity.org/OTvfmf/OTvfmf.php

(far from complete, but hopefully helpful to some extent)