Macross General SCOOPUDA thread

azrael

At least the 90s were awesome.

Japan has been suffering from a long term recession from 1991, on the other hands, America got their pride back because they won the Cold War; the USSR disappeared.

People in America had been being terrified by the nukes from Russia. I still remember they were talking about "The Day After" in 80s.

But Americans look no care about it nowadays. Even some 'Muricans pride themselves to have the nukes too much and are arrogant. I.e. Nick Levasseur. I wonder why they don't worry about the counter attack recently??? At least, Americans in 80s were afraid of it...

Edited by antibiotictab

• 2 weeks later...

Dengeki Hobby Aug. 2013 Macross content roundup:

The big piece is a whopping 10 page article on the 1/72 VF-1 Valkyrie plastic model kit.

The first 3 pages of it are on the assembly of the more complicated areas of the kit. As someone who is building it, I've found it helpful, as the pictures provide a supplement to the instruction manual - especially with some of the smaller parts of the transformation mechanism.

There are also 5 pages on KuWa's and Toriwo Toriyama's builds of the kit. KuWa's build is a bit more informative, as it includes a page of work-in-progress images when he was doing the panel lining and weathering.

Macross the Forefront:

1) Bandai 1/72 VF-1S Roy Fokker (¥4,725 (tax included), planned September release)

2) Weekly Macross Chronicle Revised Edition (¥690 (tax included), every Tuesday, 34 A4 pages)

3) Banpresto Prize: Macross 30th Anniversary SQ Figure Arts Ranka Lee Crossover (Ranka Lee in Minmei's costume in the final act of DYRL)

4) Metal Box: Metal Boy MB-26 VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (¥12,600 (tax included), planned July 10 release, approx. 120 mm)

5) Hasegawa 1/72 VF-25 Messiah (tentative) kit (undetermined price, planned fall release): there are some CAD images of the nose and central fuselage (front, top front 3/4, and bottom 3/4 shots)

6) Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1J Valkyrie "Macross 30th Anniversary Painted Craft" (¥2,940 (tax included), planned end of June release)

7) DX Chougoukin VF-27γ Lucifer Super Parts Set (¥21,000 (tax included), planned mid-August release)

8) DX Chougoukin VF-171 Standard Craft Armoured Parts (¥5,775 (tax included), planned September release)

9) DX Chougoukin RVF-25 Messiah Valkyrie (Luca Angeloni craft) Renewal Ver. Super Parts and Ghost Set (¥8,925 (tax included), planned November release)

10) DX Chougoukin VF-25G Messiah (Michael craft) Renewal Ver. Super Parts Set (¥4,725 (tax included), planned October release)

Lastly, one of the centrefold pinups is of a Battroid 1/72 VF-1S Strike Valkyrie kit, themed around the scene in DYRL where Hikaru smokes Bodoruza.

It seems that many of the series currently running in NA will be transferring over to a new publication called Niconico Ace. However, like Jefferson said, Macross the First's fate has not been decided, so we are told to check the official Macross homepage or the Kadokawa Macross page.

By the way, here is the preview for issue 23, which should have been out today.

http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/na/image/yokoku/22/yokoku.pdf

So... "Macross the 'Kiss of Death' First" has seen the demise of two magazines... I'm worried for its future...

It's almost embodies doom for whatever magazine is unfortunate enough to be involved with it; they might as well just rename it "Macbeth the First" :D

Macross Frontier remastered Blu-ray Box will be released.
Release date: Dec 25, 2013
Price: 33,600 yen (tax included)
AnimeNewsNetwork will soon catch up with this news in detail.

Macross Frontier BD boxset incoming:
http://tokyo-anime-news.jp/?p=13353

Oh, you beat me to it. :)

Newtype Ace 23

Macross News Column (1 pg)

Plastic Model:

1/72 VF-1A/S Valkyrie Ichijo Hikaru craft: ¥4,725, now on sale

1/72 VF-1 Valkyrie Strike Pack set: ¥2,100, now on sale

1/72 VF-1S Valkyrie Roy Fokker craft: ¥4,725, planned September release

1/72 VF-1 Valkyrie Strike Pack set: ¥2,100, planned September release

Event:

The Macross Genga Exhibition

Kumagaya: July 17 to 25. Haruhiko Mikimoto signing on July 20.

Osaka: August 15 to 26.

Nagoya: August 28 to September 10.

Further details: http://www.macross-gengaten.com/

Macross the First update:

In short, it says stay tuned to the following 2 sites for information regarding the restart of its serialization:

Macross 30th Project Site: http://macross30.com

Kadokawa's internal Macross site: http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/title/?t_id=000037

[As already mentioned a few posts earlier in this thread] The magazine itself is ceasing publication as of this issue (announced on the same day it was released! Gah!) The main manga in Newtype Ace are being released online at http://www.nicovideo.jp/

I'm not a big fan of online only publications, but the conversion to online releases of this magazine's main manga should make it easier for overseas readers of them to get them. It's free to register and read the manga on a PC - though there is a rather lengthy wait...

EDIT: direct link to Kadokawa Niconico Ace: http://info.nicovideo.jp/seiga/nicoace/?track=hensei_tab9_title

Not anymore but I can read it with few problems. Unfortunately I won't have time to translate this whole thing. Skimming through it, though, I will say that one highlight which I had never heard anywhere before is where he mentions that he had the idea for a show about a kid who rides a bicycle into space, and was just about to pitch it.. and then ET came out. :p

He also talks about his upcoming project Nobunaga the Fool, which will be a kind of historical/sci fi anime in which Oda Nobunaga meets Joan of Arc. With Leonardo da Vinci designing the mecha of course LOL.

Not anymore but I can read it with few problems. Unfortunately I won't have time to translate this whole thing. Skimming through it, though, I will say that one highlight which I had never heard anywhere before is where he mentions that he had the idea for a show about a kid who rides a bicycle into space, and was just about to pitch it.. and then ET came out. :p

He's related the story before as part of hilarious "shitty luck" ramble in Arjuna's R1 DVD bonuses :D

raHKavb.jpg

Ichiro Itano is now in hospital because of the traffic accident.

And some famous anime creators sent him this one.

I wish he would be better soon.

The 1:1 VF-25 is making a (limited) comeback!

It will be displayed at level B3 of Minato Mirai station from August 9 to September 2 to promote WOW WOW's rebroadcast of the original SDFM tv series. Entrance will be free of charge and photography is allowed.

The 1:1 Minmay 'figure' will also be on display with the VF-25.