HG and Robotech Debates

Y'know, the men in that "swimsuit spectacular" don't horrify me nearly as much as the women. Even the most modestly endowed women look like She-Hulk, and every single one was given a massive set of hooters.

Well then, I guess it would now be appropriate for anybody who has the issue to post up the pics of the women for those of us who have never had the chance to see it...........

Taksraven

Well then, I guess it would now be appropriate for anybody who has the issue to post up the pics of the women for those of us who have never had the chance to see it...........

Taksraven

My curiosity was piqued as well, so I downloaded the "Winter Wonderland" Swimsuit Special from Macrosshare a few minutes ago, and...

post-939-1254115420_thumb.jpg

Ze goggles! Zey do Nahssing!

I know...Minmay's SHOWER SCENES were less exploitative than that picture... :wacko:

Are you being sarcastic? Just making sure.

I've heard people drone on about how serious and pure Robotech was compared to the three shows that it was made from. But then official stuff like this comes up. What's up with that?

Edited by Einherjar

Are you being sarcastic? Just making sure.

No, I'm being entirely sincere. Minmay's shower scenes at least show a certain amount of love and respect for the character. The swimsuit picture just seems dashed off with no regard for her whatsoever...and such, makes me feel a little grimy.

Not as grimy as THIS one, however:

post-939-1254116564_thumb.jpg

No, I'm being entirely sincere. Minmay's shower scenes at least show a certain amount of love and respect for the character. The swimsuit picture just seems dashed off with no regard for her whatsoever...and such, makes me feel a little grimy.

Sorry for editing my post a couple of times. I really wasn't sure.

It kind of reminds me of a Robotech fan art I saw a long time ago being sold on ebay. I'll just say it was rated T for teen, showing Rick and Lisa's honeymoon, titled "Mrs. Macross."

Edited by Einherjar

IT GREAT LOOK TO ME. LISA AND MINMEY SAME LOOK LIKE IN CARTOON. LINE ACURATE. BUT YOU PEOPLE SAME PEOPLE WHO THINK CRAPPY YAMATO "VALKYRIE" BETTER THAN MASTERPIECE TOYNAMI. SO WAT YOU KNOWING? LOLOLOLOL !

MEMODOMINION234240

--------

Pete

Keeping the Robotech Flame Alive.

Not as grimy as THIS one, however:

I was like...

11jw4f6.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

post-939-1254115420_thumb.jpg

Ze goggles! Zey do Nahssing!

Y'know, the thing that bothers me the most about this isn't the half-baked attempt to make Minmei sexier, it's the smile. At the angle it's at, it looks like a goddamn blow-up doll. And that's just terrible.

IT CARTON ACURAT! WHAT YOU WANTING? IS HOW THE MINMAY IS! IF YOU RE-SERCHES THEN YOU SEE IT TRUE TO BE BUT THEN MUST OF COURES ADDMIT SUPERIOR ROBOTECH SO INSTEAD NOT WANT TO! ALSO IT BEST DESIGN. MICKY MOTO IS USING DIFFERENT DESIGN BECAUSE HIM NO HAVE RIGHTS TO ORIGINAL ROBOTECH MINMEY. STOP LIKING BOOTLEG MICKY MOTO MINMEY AND LOOK HOW GREAT REAL MINMEY IS. HER HAVING NIGHTCLUB.

MEMO666

-------

Pete

Having a hard time coming up with ridiculous pro-Robotech propaganda, but still determined to try

And if Robotech was in a RPG, they'd be rolling to take damage, critical strike.

I have most of the RPG books, and I have to say...

What the hell is Siembieda smoking, and why the f*ck isn't he sharing with the rest of this site???

Combat in his system sucks so hard that it can drain a freaking stallion.

Edited by Wanzerfan

wow, this is really looking at the bottom of the barrel. I guess you guys have run out of things to argue about.

But this stuff from the comic books did represent Robotech for a time. It was official material for a while. It's a stretch, but I think it helps explain a lot about one particular aspect of character designs for Shadow Chronicles. Perhaps the franchise had that problem longer than fans think.

wow, this is really looking at the bottom of the barrel. I guess you guys have run out of things to argue about.

Give it time, we'll come up with some more drama sooner or later. :p

In the mean time, we can all have a chuckle over the horrible art of the old Robotech comics.

I dont really blame anyone... I mean... no new news about Robotech... BIG SURPRISE!!! I'm betting the next little update about the franchise is gonna be HUGE though... HUGE!!! We're all gonna be in awe!

Yeah, when compared to pretty much any competently-run franchise, Robotech really is bereft of news of any importance. Did you see what they had to resort to in order to stir up something for the front page news section? Steve Yun went to Reactor in Chicago to moderate a "which character could beat up which character" open debate. That was the best they could do for a news piece. In a situation like that, I guess it's only natural for the few remaining Robotech fans to make a big deal about every trivial piece of news that comes out. After all, it's the only way they can convince themselves that they're not wasting their time on a dead franchise.

I, for one, fully expect the next major news piece will be Warner announcing that they've put the live action movie on indefinite hiatus.

Yeah, when compared to pretty much any competently-run franchise, Robotech really is bereft of news of any importance. Did you see what they had to resort to in order to stir up something for the front page news section? Steve Yun went to Reactor in Chicago to moderate a "which character could beat up which character" open debate. That was the best they could do for a news piece. In a situation like that, I guess it's only natural for the few remaining Robotech fans to make a big deal about every trivial piece of news that comes out. After all, it's the only way they can convince themselves that they're not wasting their time on a dead franchise.

I, for one, fully expect the next major news piece will be Warner announcing that they've put the live action movie on indefinite hiatus.

Makes sense that Warner Bros. is in charge of the project, since they own Wildstorm comics (also DC, but's that's a no-brainer).

I dont really blame anyone... I mean... no new news about Robotech... BIG SURPRISE!!! I'm betting the next little update about the franchise is gonna be HUGE though... HUGE!!! We're all gonna be in awe!

There's still that Maia Alpha revision and another Palladium book people are looking for. From experience, stuff like that actually counts as HUGE news there.

I doubt that they would even bother to make such an announcement. I think its just going to faaaaaaaaade away.........

Taksraven

I doubt that they would even bother to make such an announcement. I think its just going to faaaaaaaaade away.........

Taksraven

I dunno, man...

It got mentioned yesterday (scroll down to the near the bottom, where it talks about "Splatterman"):

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0909/26/index.htm

Nothing really concrete, of course, but I'm surprised it got mentioned at all.

Edited by Gubaba

YOU ALL WRONG!! BIG ROBOTECH NEWS! IN POLAND ROBOTECH HAVE BIG BIG FAN BASE! LOOKING YOU HERE AT WEBSITE:

www.robotech.pl

SEE YOU...

OH...

SH!T

IS ONLY ONLINE ELECTRONICS SHOP!

FCUK!!!

MEMODOMINIONFDT34425443545

-----------------

Pete

Tried in vain to find ANY Robotech news on google and came up with only this...

Edited by VFTF1

DOUBLE POSTING BUT IS OK SINCE I FINDING BIG BIG NEWS! TOM AND KEVIN IS ANNOUNCING NEW ROBOTECH NOVELS!! SHORT STORIES WRITE BY KEVIN SEIMBIEDA AND EDIT BY ORIGINAL ROBOTECH DIRECTOR BIG BIG NEWS YOU LOOK:

24y7dk2.jpg

THIS SPECIAL HARMONY GOLD PRODUCTION EXPLORATION OF MINMEY NIGHTCLUB ON SDF-3! ROBOTECH IT IS A LIVING!

MEMODOMINION342342

---------

Pete

Finally found something :)

DOUBLE POSTING BUT IS OK SINCE I FINDING BIG BIG NEWS! TOM AND KEVIN IS ANNOUNCING NEW ROBOTECH NOVELS!! SHORT STORIES WRITE BY KEVIN SEIMBIEDA AND EDIT BY ORIGINAL ROBOTECH DIRECTOR BIG BIG NEWS YOU LOOK:

THIS SPECIAL HARMONY GOLD PRODUCTION EXPLORATION OF MINMEY NIGHTCLUB ON SDF-3! ROBOTECH IT IS A LIVING!

MEMODOMINION342342

---------

Pete

Finally found something :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bravo, good sir. Bravo.

JELLOS JELLOS MACROSS PURISTS! OF COURSE NOTICE MUST THAT ON COVER IS REAL WOMAN! THIS ACTRESS WHO PLAY MINMEY IN ROBOTECH LIVE ACTION MOVIE! NOVEL IS TIE IN TO MOVIE YES? OF COURSE SO IT IS! LOL LOL LOL!

NOW PREPARE SECOND BIG NEWS! TODAY HG ANNOUNCE FEMALE CAST TO ROBOTECH MOVIE:

2h4gqqc.jpg

SO YES SEE YOU CAN NOW - ROBOTECH ALIVE IS AND WELL IS!

MEMODOMINION2342005200534

--------

Pete

thinking about pitching this to Harmony Gold. They could make millions doing low budget, C-movies based on Japanese anime...oh wait..they ALREADY do that...