Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.6

Duke Togo

they're doing something wrong, nothing touches that part of the valk during transformation.

It comes the closest during transformation to Battroid. The part more aft of the sensor jewel anyway.

I actually have a tiny chip under one wing now, too, but the nose is still good. My shoulders are a bit rough (2-3 scratches each), so will probably be doing a touchup one of these days.

Ok with a little help from a household detergent, my sharpest finger nail, some cursing, and a few paper towels I was able to get rid of the slops of paint. <_< Tramsformed back into fighter mode and no new chips that I can see even on the nose cone. so. ^_^

Someone was asking for VF-25F movie edition. Here's mine~~

4317074385_4213d2401b.jpg

4317074049_629daeac07.jpg

4317074649_72231927c8.jpg

and without super parts

4317075249_ece876e571.jpg

4317810404_26a1845e3b.jpg

4317075029_4f7a80ef3d.jpg

with Michael and Ozma

4317809636_a2fe908854.jpg

can't wait to add Luca and Brera next! :D

NICE PICS !!!!!!!!!!!

I just got my VF-27 and damn that thing looks great. Very nice and sleek. Good Job, Bandai. Yamato really needs to release some more valks if they want to catch up.

Haven't transformed it yet, but its fighter mode is the best I have seen yet.

You plan on fixing it or it'll stay in battroid

Once the novelty of it wears off yeah. Right now I like to transform and pose it once in a while and once I get bored of it I will probably touch it up, put it in fighter mode and then put it on semi-permanent display.

Thanks for the touch up tips by the way. Will put it to use when I am ready.

While my lucifer hasn't arrived, I have checked it out at the shops offering it.

The poster is not attached and is separate and way bigger from the actual box. It is rolled, instead of folded to avoid creasing, and often times it is up to the retailer to see if he wants to give away with with lucifer.

While my lucifer hasn't arrived, I have checked it out at the shops offering it.

The poster is not attached and is separate and way bigger from the actual box. It is rolled, instead of folded to avoid creasing, and often times it is up to the retailer to see if he wants to give away with with lucifer.

That was i think yesterday when I receive my vf-27r dosent come with poster

Apologies for the question, but in the final panel in the instruction manual of the VF-27, transformation to Battroid, there seems to be a mechanism that allows the crotch piece to angle out. Is this an actual mechanism or just the positioning of the legs? Which parts are supposed to detach?

Isopropyl/rubbing alcohol doesn't harm plastic. It's my preferred paint remover on toys. Is it not fast-acting, but it DOES work with NO harm to plastic.

I've always thought that, but I did have one incident. On the Hasbro release of Masterpiece Starscream I removed the weathering with IA and the next day the hinges that hold the thruster flaps had crumbled. I've never had a problem using it on any other toy though, and I've used IA many times.

Edited by eriku

Just got mine today as well. Sweet toy. I got no poster, but I'm ok with that. BTW, how big is the poster anyway, and anyone have a link of pic of it?

Has anyone considered making a "beam gun effect" for the VF-27, like there is in the 1/72 kit? Just a clear-pink "electrical" effect piece of plastic?

Kind of surprised Bandai hasn't---I mean, if anything, you'd include something like that with the toy, not the model.

ooo, does the knife fit under the shield? Thats pretty cool!

and they come with stands?

the 27's knife is built into the shield (it's more like a bayonet than a knife), the 25's knife does not fit in the shield.

some of the 25's come with stands, the 27 does not.

Edited by eugimon

Has anyone considered making a "beam gun effect" for the VF-27, like there is in the 1/72 kit? Just a clear-pink "electrical" effect piece of plastic?

Kind of surprised Bandai hasn't---I mean, if anything, you'd include something like that with the toy, not the model.

Depending how they did it, it could work with the Quarter, as well. I'm for it.

Overall, the VF-27 kicks ass over the 25. the fact that the gun attachment is built into the body is a plus, as is the connectors for the Galia IV booster. I'm also impressed with the tamp printing, which makes it extremely detailed. the swivel in the legs, the angle of the crotch area. It's indeed improved in almost every way to the 25. I attacked the Galia IV boosters to mine, and it's awesome.

Okay...I got my armored DX Ozma today...

I must have sat for 45 minutes trying to get it to go together in fighter mode with the Armor on and could NOT get the leg armor to lock into the wings.

Any tips or is this just how it is?

Okay...I got my armored DX Ozma today...

I must have sat for 45 minutes trying to get it to go together in fighter mode with the Armor on and could NOT get the leg armor to lock into the wings.

Any tips or is this just how it is?

You have to angle the pegs to get them into the holes, don't try to push them straight in.

But yes, it can be frustrating. When I recently transformed from battroid to fighter after not touching it for months, I got so frustrated with bits popping off, that I nearly threw the damn thing against the wall.

Graham

I feel your pain hutch. My first time applying the armor was tense.

Getting that wing root peg into that leg armor is A B!t@#!!!!

It takes a bit of aggressive handling but it should click nicely into place.

I was trying to clear a spot in one of my detolf cabinets to fit in the VF-27, but that gun is just so huge that it makes it difficult. I messed with it and found you can kinda holster it on the back. It won't hold up to playing around with it, but for posing, it works fine.

post-10222-1267758882_thumb.jpg

But yes, it can be frustrating. When I recently transformed from battroid to fighter after not touching it for months, I got so frustrated with bits popping off, that I nearly threw the damn thing against the wall.

Graham

Sounds like a similarly documented case...

So I decied to take a trip in the way back machine and skim through the old DX toy threads from before the things where even released and in amongst all the hilarious rage I noticed something truly mind boggling.

pre-production sample

04.jpg

final product

144b5sm.jpg

I'm surprised that in the 4 threads since the release of the VF-25, not a single person has commented on the fact that not only does the pilot look like a poorly painted blob, but that it actually unimproved going from pre-production to final toy. seriously Bandai, what the f*ck?

I've gotten over almost everything wrong with the DX toys to the point where I can almost consider buying one, but I just can't get over the fact that the pilot looks so absolutely terrible.

Edited by anime52k8

So I decied to take a trip in the way back machine and skim through the old DX toy threads from before the things where even released and in amongst all the hilarious rage I noticed something truly mind boggling.

pre-production sample

04.jpg

final product

144b5sm.jpg

I'm surprised that in the 4 threads since the release of the VF-25, not a single person has commented on the fact that not only does the pilot look like a poorly painted blob, but that it actually unimproved going from pre-production to final toy. seriously Bandai, what the f*ck?

I've gotten over almost everything wrong with the DX toys to the point where I can almost consider buying one, but I just can't get over the fact that the pilot looks so absolutely terrible.

Blob you say? Take a look at this peice of melted plastic that comes with Yamato's VF-11C (Courtesy of CollectionDX)

post-9739-1267808352_thumb.jpg