Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.6

Duke Togo

IMG_0486.jpg

took less than a day for it to get to that point. this is pretty much how piece of metal on my yamato's looks. paint on plastic is fine with Yamato but Paint to metal adhesion has not improved much at all since the days of the v.1 1/60's.

as for the VF-27 all the paint apps are perfect on mine, even the Nose cone is nice and solid.

also I think the VF-27 has one of the smoothest transformations of any toy out there. It blows away the YF-19/21 and even beats the VF-1. I ended up needing the instructions only once (to get the chest over the torso in battroid, and mostly because I was still worried about chipping paint). after one go from fighter to battroid I felt totally comfortable with it. In fact the VF-27 is the only macross toy I've ever owned that went back to fighter mode from battroid mode looking better than it did coming out of the box, it locks together so solidly and intuitively.

The landing gear? Seriously? Man those things are so hard to get out you can't help but chip the paint. The rest of the toys are great and you shouldn't get hung up on that.

Yamato should actually just plate the parts like Bandai does and this wouldn't be a problem anyway. Frankly I could care less anyway as while the landing gear are a nice touch, I rarely use them. I just want them to be sturdy and have some nice detail. If the paint chips at least I can fold them up and hide them in the body. On some Yamato toys I have removed the paint completely and just coated them with a sealer and left it at that.

The VF-27 has the smoothest transformation!?!?!?! Really? Frankly I find the VF-25 smoother to transform but I just got my VF-27 so.... Anyway IMO the VF-11 has the smoothest transformation around. The heat shield is a bit tricky the first couple of times but it is the only valk I ever had where I did not have to refer to the user's manual for the transformation. For instance if I hadn't refered to the manual on the VF-27 I wouldn't have known the whole head assembly rotates up and back to allow you to slip the nose in the chest easier or how to rotate the shoulder pads properly to stow the arms back in fighter mode. I am in no way saying it is extremely difficult or anything though. It is fairly easy to transform but I think if you get over confident with what your doing your going to be scrapping paint, breaking off canards and/or getting frustrated.

Oh and I did not mention in my review that the VF-27 shoulder mechanism is completely metal unlike the VF-25 where the shoulder balls socketed into plastic on the main body. Defiantly nice!

Edited by logos

That crooked 101 really bothers me a lot. It reminds me of the crooked skulls on all those 1/48 Focker VF-1S, but far more blatant.

I don't know if the VF-27 is small. More like the SV-51 is just plain enormous at almost 23 meters in length. The VF-27 is at 18.8m which puts it at roughly the same length as the VF-0 at 18.7m. Doing a side by side comparison, its very close to the 1/60 mark.

Has anyone found a paint from Tamiya, Testor's, or any other model paint brand that matches that lilac color on the VF-27? I want to touch up some out-of-the-box paint chips as well as fix a chip on the shin that was caused by resting the 27 on the stand that comes with the super pack VF-25's. How crappy is that, huh?

Then yamato or Bandai have their scales way off, cause the 1/60 DX VF-27 is significantly smaller than the 1/60 VF-0 when it's supposed to be barely larger.

Chris

Ugh. Thanks for reminding me. UN Spacy it's worth your while to do it once as you just have to appreciate this baby in batroid mode. Needless to say just be EXTREMELY careful and you'll be fine. Defiantly review the instruction booklet before you do it though to make sure you know how to rotate the head back and unless you rub your fingernail across it like I did (and I didn't do it very HARD!).

Also after posing the VF-27 in batroid mode a bit she is defiantly a tippy toe princes. To get any decent posing with the legs I have to "claw" the feet. See here.

IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

Edited by logos

And some pics in Gerwalk mode. It's a hell of allot better than the VF-25 but I still think the VF-1 1/60 is still the king of the Gerwalk mode.

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

Edited by logos

Also after posing the VF-27 in batroid mode a bit she is defiantly a tippy toe princes. To get any decent posing with the legs I have to "claw" the feet. See here.

That is because you lack try!

4390166015_6c4a4dc9f8_b.jpg

4390167989_c4528f35bb_b.jpg

Then yamato or Bandai have their scales way off, cause the 1/60 DX VF-27 is significantly smaller than the 1/60 VF-0 when it's supposed to be barely larger.

Chris

I take it back, it is actually slightly longer than the 1/60 VF-0 ..... ooops. I just looks soooo much smaller than other fighters.

Chris

Length and size are very different. The VF-27 is big, but not extraordinarily long. The 2 extra engines and the numerous fins contribute a lot of mass and volume, but nothing to length or wingpsan. Just something to keep in mind when comparing valks (and real planes too)

Preorders for the Tamashi Nations and Grace's VF-27 have opened up. Japanese residents only.

http://p-bandai.jp/tamashiiwebshouten/item-1000004909/

they're selling a stand for the DX VF-27? or is that for a smaller VF-27 that comes with a stand?

anyway, here's the link to grace's bird: http://p-bandai.jp/tamashiiwebshouten/chog...tem-1000004910/

Length and size are very different. The VF-27 is big, but not extraordinarily long. The 2 extra engines and the numerous fins contribute a lot of mass and volume, but nothing to length or wingpsan. Just something to keep in mind when comparing valks (and real planes too)

but if you compared it to the pilot... it's become obvious that someone made a huge mistake in scaling

but if you compared it to the pilot... it's become obvious that someone made a huge mistake in scaling

I dunno.. I compared the pilot figures from Yamato V.2 1/60 Elintseeker and they're about the same scale as Brera and Ranka (sans the legs lol) Nothing like the mini-mini pilots of the VF-25's..

no...

IMG_0496.jpg

Brera is about the same size as isamu but with his legs less tucked in. Ranka is tiny because she's a loli and an amputee.

no...

IMG_0496.jpg

Brera is about the same size as isamu but with his legs less tucked in. Ranka is tiny because she's a loli and an amputee.

well i guess it's because the way the suit up ..macross pluss suit is looks more bulky.. but why is it.. the pilot in vf 25 looks smaller then the vf 0 i still dont get it..?

well i guess it's because the way the suit up ..macross pluss suit is looks more bulky.. but why is it.. the pilot in vf 25 looks smaller then the vf 0 i still dont get it..?

Like I and a dozen other people say.. the VF-27 is a far more superior VF than the 25 in almost every aspect. So there's nothing to "get". It is what it is.. Bandai tired and failed but atoned by putting out Brera's custom. I would of placed a pre-order for the tornado version if they had at least improved the VF-25..

Here's hoping they will someday..