Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.6

Duke Togo

Argh, that green one is the one I wanted, too. Stupid, pink, girly-boy planes taking all the retail shelf space. -_-

Never mind. After the whole Michael 25G fiasco, I had pretty much rested in the assurance that Bandai made awful DX valks and that I wouldn't be missing out if I didn't buy any more. So I actually feel 16,000 yen richer. Kind of.

Edited by Renato

Wow, what the hell? What's with Bandai and their fetish for exclusives? Seeing how the past exclusives cost an arm and a leg for people outside of Japan, I'm guessing the green 27 will probably cost $200-250+ before shipping. :angry:

Seriously, it feels like they either hate their international customers or they're just trying to minimize how much money they can make by doing exclusives.

Anyone know the production numbers on Tamashii webshop exclusives? If it's only like 1000 or so, there's going to be problems getting green VF-27's---MW alone needs several case's worth. (including a certain moderator)

Maybe someone will be as cool as I was way back when during the V.1 1/60 cannon fodder and star taking orders.

Seriously, there should be a rule about THE MOST COMMON COLOR being an exclusive. (yup---there's only 1 magenta VF-27, but there's at least 2 green ones--and presumably more)

Given that the green type is referred to as 'Normal Type' (model kit) and 'Mass Product' type (1/250 Macross Fighter Collection toy), I think it's safe to assume that there are more than 2 of them. Certainly in some of the PSP Frontier MUF missions, there are many green VF-25s.

Graham

Everyone seems hell bent on exclusives. Hasbro does it increasingly with Star Wars and their other brands. A bit annoying... Hopefully they'll repack/repaint some of the stuff (I want the LAI Super Fold Booster but don't care for the speaker pods... including the reaction weapons and/or a Galaxy Ghost V-9 would be nice. A Ghost v Ghost set (Luca's versus V-9), could be cool, too if not a Judah System pack of all 3 of Luca's.

Given that the green type is referred to as 'Normal Type' (model kit) and 'Mass Product' type (1/250 Macross Fighter Collection toy), I think it's safe to assume that there are more than 2 of them.

Since the model kit has two versions lets hope that Bandai produces the "Normal Type" for general release since Bandai continues to defy market sense with exclusive non-sense.

I am quite sure the brera figure is selling fast because it has been anticipated by many collectors, once this hunger is satisfied, I am pretty sure you'll still see them popping out here and there. Not limited runs cannot be "underproduced" because when stock is low or sold out, they just go back to the production line to make more.

I was informed of a new batch coming to hong kong on wed, after it was "sold out" around 15:00 and replenished at 17:30...Graham, did you get a replacement?

Graham, I think they tricked you.

See, the problem is that Bandai is probably reading this now going, "Whoa, check this out! Our sloppy paint jobs are actually doubling our sales!! And from Yamato insiders, no less! I think we're onto a winner..!"

:p:D

Edited by Renato

Graham, I think they tricked you.

See, the problem is that Bandai is probably reading this now going, "Whoa, check this out! Our sloppy paint jobs are actually doubling our sales!! And from Yamato insiders, no less! I think we're onto a winner..!"

:p:D

ROTFLMAO

I will probably need a friend like that to retouch mine as well, by the way, if anyone finds the matching paints for the offending areas, it would be nice if they posted their findings here or in the customs forum. we will all eventually need that for reference...

I'm not familiar with the way Bandai releases thing but given the speed the VF27 is selling out, I'm a tad worried. Will there be more quantities released further on in the year? I'd love to get one at some point, but other priorities preventing me to pick one up now.

As soon as I saw the news in the "Scoopda" thread about the green 27, my FIRST thought was "oooooh, man, David's gonna be TICKED."

I'd be up for one as well if the price was kept below about 130% of the original (I've never tried to get an exclusive before so I don't even know if that's possible).

I think everybody knows what I am talking about from the picture, even if I did use the wrong choice of colors to describe it.

Graham

Yeah, amen on that brother. The specific color is important, just the intent, which you conveyed correctly. ^_^

Not to mention, I believe "pink" is your favorite color, as concerns sloppy seconds and so forth. :lol:

I'm also looking forward to the green VF-27, because it's my favorite color and matches my eyes. Ha, ha B))

(Edited to fix punctuation)

Edited by ChristopherB

Given that the green type is referred to as 'Normal Type' (model kit) and 'Mass Product' type (1/250 Macross Fighter Collection toy), I think it's safe to assume that there are more than 2 of them. Certainly in some of the PSP Frontier MUF missions, there are many green VF-25s.

Graham

No need to seacrh in PSP games: in Macross Frontier episode 25 a ton of VF27 Green type can be clearly seen around the Vajra Queen (Brera even shoots down one or two - but you have to watch reeeeeally carefully)

Edited by nexxstrait

I'm not familiar with the way Bandai releases thing but given the speed the VF27 is selling out, I'm a tad worried. Will there be more quantities released further on in the year? I'd love to get one at some point, but other priorities preventing me to pick one up now.

well, amiami just restocked the Vf-27 w/ "plenty"...

As soon as I saw the news in the "Scoopda" thread about the green 27, my FIRST thought was "oooooh, man, David's gonna be TICKED."

I'd be up for one as well if the price was kept below about 130% of the original (I've never tried to get an exclusive before so I don't even know if that's possible).

If I'm not wrong, the ad stated the green one will be sold for 16800 yen and the stand for 2079 yen....

If I'm not wrong, the ad stated the green one will be sold for 16800 yen and the stand for 2079 yen....

yeah, it will be sold to Japanese residents ONLY at that price, w/out the normal dist. discount that retailers usually get... so, good luck getting it for lower than 16800JPY x 130%... :mellow:

EDIT - my bad... the 50-100% mark-up is usually for smaller/cheaper items like the Robot Damashii exclusives. 30-40% would be about right for these more expensive figures like the DX VF-27... probably around $240-250 like the VF-25F Fold Clear ver. w/c retailed @ 1500JPY and is selling for $220-230. :ph34r:

Edited by m0n5t3r

That's a huge ass box damn it! Hope this fat bird's stealth technology is enough to get pass the radar of the dear customs state employees...

I was smelling Bandai would dick us with the green one. That's why I decided to go pink. F%&$ exclusives, that green for the promo shot looks great. One can only hope for a "Grace version" now (I'm not going to support any stinking "exclusives" :angry: ).

Now to continue waiting for my pinky.

Does the anime show the VF-27 battroid with that tail hanging like that? I would think that the shield shouldn't be UNDER the tail but that it should BE the tail (kinda like Yamato YF-19 and VF-11)....

This has already probably been mentioned (somewhere in this thread) but what are the improvements of the VF-27 over the earlier VF-25s?

shoulders lock in place

it has an actual gerwalk mode where the vf-25 had a legs dangling under the plane mode

collapsible shield

actual pilot figures (such as they are) versus unpainted blob in chair

longer, sculpted landing gear

crotch lock seems better

no giant gaps around head and fuselage in fighter mode

better arm posability (the shoulders actual work)

better leg posability

built in gun holder for fighter and gerwalk mode

jewel inserts for sensors instead of being painted on.