Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.6

Duke Togo

Yeah, my only Revy's are the Regults, which seem solid enough. Hell, one of the only games in town until Toynami gets their vinyl one out and I've given up hope it will have half the articulation.

Just picked one up at 6.10pm HK time for HK$1,128 at 2/F, 188 Centre, Wanchai. Looks very nice. No stand. Full markings. On the way home now. Won't be free to take it out of the box until 9pm though. Surprisingly error free English blurb on the box rear. Graham (from phone)

I've been checking this thread for updates, I so wish I was in hk now! Ignacio, no puedo imaginar cómo te bancás la espera.

Primero tengo que esperar que HLJ lo reciba!!! Elegí EMS para el envío pero hay que ver en Argentina cuanto demora el correo :lol:

Graham confirmed it comes with full markings!!!!

Pictorial review of the figure.

http://hima-toy.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/201...n_vf-27r-v.html

Looks fantastic, extremely articulated and not a pain to transform. Don't have one in my arms yet, but it could be the new best macross fighter toy...

The review mentions that the crotch lock is the same general design as the VF-25, but then says "but" and follows with something incomprehensible to babelfish.

Can anyone read that (or provide firsthand experience - Graham?) and say whether there has been any significant change to the crotch lock so it doesn't just function on friction?

The review mentions that the crotch lock is the same general design as the VF-25, but then says "but" and follows with something incomprehensible to babelfish.

Can anyone read that (or provide firsthand experience - Graham?) and say whether there has been any significant change to the crotch lock so it doesn't just function on friction?

It says: "It's the same as the VF-25 but I wish it could be a little bit better design"

Edited by Vifam7

The internal parts done in grey color really add detail to the valk. The original 25 needs those.

Looks very good. The leg articulation is a huge step forward.

Graham, is the box bigger than the first VF-25's box?

The author didn't say he had a loose crotch. Only that he thinks it could be better designed.

I'm saying this by inference. the main beef I have with the Bandai VF-25s are the loose crotches (see sig). Thus if the design remains the same, I am very fearful that the crotch lock will not withstand more than just a few transformations before becoming ineffective

Is that link not working for anyone else?

It takes an eternity to download but it works B))

It works if you refresh the browser numerous times. Open the pics in another window cause if you hit the back button it takes forever to download again.

So excited to get this, hopefully AmiAmi will send the payment request soon! Now what I'm worried about is if all of those lovely markings will rub off like they do on the VF-25's <_<

Chris

Edited by Dobber

What I love about the VF-27 is that they finally give us what we want with the pilot figures but they do it in a Valk that does not have a see through canopy........ :lol:...... did anyone notice that Ranka does not have any legs :lol: ......and I thought the VF-1D had a cramped back seat! :lol:

f5_2.jpgf6_2.jpg

Now I just have to wait for AmiAmi to process my paypal pre order..... :mellow: .........

Edited by logos

Great photos, ff95gj!

Wow, seeing those pics of the Battroid mode, does make the 27 look like a huge chunky, and much less sleek/refined like the previous versions of it we've seen in earlier photos. Does have a very strong 25 vibe to it, which is a disappointment. :\

Still love the fighter and gerwalk mode, though!

Don't think I'll keep mine in Battroid mode, now. Yikes... :\

Looks great. I ordered it from Ami Ami. Didn't show up on my paypal yet, nor did I see a spot to specifically add my payment. I assume they're just going to be looking at my email address?

Ah ok, figured it out. It's cause it's a preorder. Then it will show up on my Paypal. Cool. Can't wait. Now the only question being if I get a Quarter this month, too. Aye, my wife is gonna kill me. Tread, VF-27, and Quarter? I still want an Armored Ozma, too...

Ami Ami just restocked the Armored VF-25S a few days ago. I was lucky enough to get their very last one.

As for the VF-27 I think it looks amazing compared to Bandai's VF-25 offering. A stance in Gerwalk is a definite thumbs up from me.