Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.6

Duke Togo

I'm liking the DX 27 more than the model kit. Curiously, the 27 model looks like it’s too slim and long on the lower torso, just the thing that makes the 25 kit look so good IMO.

And it also does look like there is a lower leg swivel. Boy do I miss that on the 25.

As for the joints, paint etc... what do you guys do with your Valkyrie? I mean, do you smash them into one another yelling "boom! ratatatatatata! zzzeeeoooo! kabloowy!!" ??? Do you spin mindlessly around with the valkyrie in hand imagining that it's flying through space and then, on account of diziness, come crashing down on the floor, sending your valk flying and smashing onto the ground? Do entertain your friend's 2 year old when they come over for a visit but giving him Ozma to chew on?
No, I don't think anyone does, I don't even do anything like that with my 1/55's. All I did with my 25S was try to pose it in dynamic poses, photo worthy shots. Yet over time the right shoulder got loose(goodbye 1 hand gun pose), the SMS markings on the shoulders have started to wear away(surprised me), and the LERX's are getting scratches, meanwhile the chestplate(middle part) has been scratched up a lot during transformation.

I handle my toys quite often but I must add, I don't bash them into each other or do anything that would remotely risk scratching the paint. I've had paint scratches on Yamato and Bandai releases, with Yamato my VF-19A is scratched up badly on the legs, my 1/60 VF-1 has a lot of flaked off paint on the legs, meanwhile my v2 1/60 VF-1's are fine aside from the tailfins because of that damn bump aft of the airbrake coming into contact after mounting the FAST pack boosters.

The fact that Bandai painted all of the markings onto the DX is wonderful, they just need a strong sealant to keep all the beauty of those markings contained.

Sometimes it seems more like the paint is rubbing off... Rather than its being scratched by another abrasive part. Its like the oil and texture from your fingers is enough to remove the paint.

I handle my DXs pretty lightly busting them out for comparisons occasionally. For the most part I haven't had much of an issue with the paint. My Ozma DS is probably the most banged up since all those armor parts can cause issues with each installation (and with all the popping off many parts do there can be qutie a few installations).

Pics of the VF-27 in all 3 modes:

http://www.amiami.com/shop/shop?vgForm=Pro...amp;set=english

I'm tempted to pre-order this thing now, but I'll wait until I get my Macross Quarter and see how satisfied I am with it. I really hope Bandai makes the paint and decals more resistant to wearing off from handling.

There are also pics of the upcoming VF-25F with super packs:

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2009/11/tam...hedule-for.html

The armor doesn't look quite as light blue as in earlier pics. I might have to pick this up too.

EDIT: Actually, screw the VF-25F. I'll wait for Bandai to do one with a good-looking Gerwalk someday.

Edited by vendetta

Pics of the VF-27 in all 3 modes:

http://www.amiami.com/shop/shop?vgForm=Pro...amp;set=english

I'm tempted to pre-order this thing now, but I'll wait until I get my Macross Quarter and see how satisfied I am with it. I really hope Bandai makes the paint and decals more resistant to wearing off from handling.

There are also pics of the upcoming VF-25F with super packs:

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2009/11/tam...hedule-for.html

The armor doesn't look quite as light blue as in earlier pics. I might have to pick this up too.

That 27 is just hard core. It looks better as a toy than a cartoon.

Yes! The legs are positioned properly in fighter mode unlike the VF-25.

Looks like it was not transformed properly as the shoulder blocks are not positioned right in the fighter pic.

I hope it's just the lighting in the pic, but it almost looks like some parts are slightly different colored. Hopefully we won't have another repeat of the RVF-25.

Also hope they allow attaching the gun while in fighter mode, particularly with landing gears down. I was disappointed with how the VF-25G's sniper rifle was handled and how the gunpod couldn't even attach for the armored VF-25.

So far, it looks great. I may actually get 2 of these. I'm not fond of the green CF color scheme so there's no need for me to wait to get one of each.

WOW, they actually fixed that god awful extremely crappy gerwalk mode the DX VF-25 has.

And i almost believed that Bandai forgot that VF's had gerwalk mode.

Looks great, might be worth looking into but only after some good reviews.

Edited by thankheaven

I'm on the fence, I haven't seen enough of the DX to tell if I like it or the model better.

I do clamor for a VF-27 (my Macross collection will be mighty good enough for me with that) and February means I have enough time for my wallet to recover from Christmas and the Macross Quarter. :p

Anyone seen this yet?

Nope. Thanks!

Looks good. Specially Gerwalk. Damn perspective makes battroid look a bit weird

Crotch and backpack on that last shot show that the 27 is a male valk :lol:

Edited by Twoducks

I dont think that's the kit, the two look almost identical in size. Besides, there'd be no reason to make a kit in all different colored plastic, it's all the same material.

Meh, whoever took those pics transformed that thing horribly. It does look good but I'm worried about the potential flop factor on this one. Soooo many potentially sloppy joints, and even these shots can't seem to align ANY of the wing surfaces. The whole thing looks out of alignment, I hope it's just from the mistransformation.

The limp nozzles on the back of the wing boosters don't bode well either.

Edited by Chronocidal

Yes, this one's going to be my first DX ^_^

The leg placement on the hips is still wrong but it's looking very good.

Yeah, they're still a bit high, but at least it's not as bad as the 25 was in that regard since the intakes are not built into the hips.

With that in mind, the leg movement seems like it should be better than the 25 as well since you don't have the intakes butting up against the LERX or risking scratching off paint.

I'm also glad they actually include some removable covers for the intakes. I think the DX actually looks better than the model version for once, at least for battroid mode. The model's battroid looks really off, particularly the really elongated torso.

Looking at the cockpit of the multi-colored prototypes of the 27, it's kind of blurry, but it kind of looks like they bothered to make it a 2 seater. If they did, I wonder if they would include an optional Ranka to put in the back.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Yeah, they're still a bit high, but at least it's not as bad as the 25 was in that regard since the intakes are not built into the hips.

With that in mind, the leg movement seems like it should be better than the 25 as well since you don't have the intakes butting up against the LERX or risking scratching off paint.

I'm also glad they actually include some removable covers for the intakes. I think the DX actually looks better than the model version for once, at least for battroid mode. The model's battroid looks really off, particularly the really elongated torso.

Looking at the cockpit of the multi-colored prototypes of the 27, it's kind of blurry, but it kind of looks like they bothered to make it a 2 seater. If they did, I wonder if they would include an optional Ranka to put in the back.

Ranka would be a $50 mail-in exclusive and include vajra pet "Ai-Kun" and those animals that brere kills on that island they filmed in macross zero. LOL j/k

source

It's the toy forum's turn to complain about the tornado pack.

Screw the tornado. The 27 is where it's at!

post-2996-1257429973_thumb.jpg

post-2996-1257430032_thumb.jpg

post-2996-1257430052_thumb.jpg

I'm really liking how it looks in all modes

And you can see the back of Battroid mode in the magazaine behind Basara

post-2996-1257429849_thumb.jpg

post-2996-1257429932_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the link CF18!