Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.6

Duke Togo

Re: that Alto -

You could try to unscrew this. My Alto is the regular version, albeit second edition, and it also had a tight elbow that I unscrewed - but the screw do nothing.

The screws only hold together the two pieces that compose the elbow - they have no impact whasoever on the mobility of that ball joint.

Just firmly but delicately keep applying downward pressure until she does what you want her to do.

In playing with your Macross toys, you must always remember the immortal advise of Roy Fokker from Macross zero: treat your Valkyrie like a virgin - you must be firm but also delicate.

You won't go wrong.

Pete

Hey guys,

Has anyone here tried using nail polish to stiffen the pegs of the arm armor of the VF-25S Armored DX so that it would not fall off easily during fighter mode? How about using it to stiffen the floppy wings since the pegs are not doing much in restraining the wings in Gerwalk mode? I want to fix these probs as they're quite annoying...

And does any nail polish would do the job? Is it safe to use the cheap ones or should I get the more expensive ones?

Edited by catcha

lol jenius did you check my video for help. I think mine is the only video with the armor.

There's a line in my DX review that was definitely inspired by the chatter here about "if you're having problems with armor check Youtube." Did your review actually show you putting the armor on though? I kinda just assumed some fan will put a how to guide up eventually.

Finally!! :lol:

i read on another site that is actually a vf-100

I think it was HLJ

nevermind someone already posted

the scans i made from Oct Dengeki Mag show the cad drawings so i think they dont have 1/60 model as of yet

Edited by nugundamII

So I just made a trip down to the only shop in toronto that actually carries macross stuff.

They had the 1/60 armoured messiah ozma custom for.....$369!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost fainted when I saw that price....

btw,

They also had a tan tomahawk for $149 and a couple of bandai 1/55's, and they did have a 1/48 stealth vf-1s for $220

But here in toronto, that's about all there is.

So I just made a trip down to the only shop in toronto that actually carries macross stuff.

They had the 1/60 armoured messiah ozma custom for.....$369!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost fainted when I saw that price....

btw,

They also had a tan tomahawk for $149 and a couple of bandai 1/55's, and they did have a 1/48 stealth vf-1s for $220

But here in toronto, that's about all there is.

I can give you a list of stores.

Im assuming you went to pacific mall for the Ozuma armored

that guy is on high crack a couple born rich hong kong kids. all they do is sit around and open when they want to

You should go to toys2

That guy might be cheaper. But all else fails HLJ....Best prices in town

good customer service and really fast shipping 3-4 days

Which means that even the richie riches need to make some money and will force them out of business. Plus if there is something wrong with the product they just shrug their shoulders and dont say anything giving you that annoying look like not my problem which begs to differ no wonder a store owner was shot in that place

NuGundam, pls give more details on toys2, and hlj, where can i find these stores, are they as cheap as if i get from overdrive, but local?

well Overdrive and HLJ are really your best bet

Affordable, Shipping is acceptable and excellent service;

Have you tried going to the buy and sell thread on Macross World. I have bought a lot of merchandise of some people here and they are GREEAAAAAT!

Lots of Valks for sale if your looking and i can name a few who i have bought from. You can even post a new topic for under the wanted thread

Pete has lots of stuff for sale trying asking him

Really I would try her first then HLJ and then overdrive.

dont waste your time going around

have it delievered to your door!

I can give you a list of stores.

Im assuming you went to pacific mall for the Ozuma armored

that guy is on high crack a couple born rich hong kong kids. all they do is sit around and open when they want to

You should go to toys2

That guy might be cheaper. But all else fails HLJ....Best prices in town

good customer service and really fast shipping 3-4 days

Which means that even the richie riches need to make some money and will force them out of business. Plus if there is something wrong with the product they just shrug their shoulders and dont say anything giving you that annoying look like not my problem which begs to differ no wonder a store owner was shot in that place

well, I'm really downtown so I've never seen the dude at pacific mall. The only current macross place downtown is actually beside the AMC entrance at yonge and dundas. There

s an anime shop in chinatown but they never have any macross and there WAS a cool one in the chinatown mall but he was shut down last year because of rats.

Which KILLS me because his stock is still sitting there in the store.....

i read on another site that is actually a vf-100

I think it was HLJ

nevermind someone already posted

the scans i made from Oct Dengeki Mag show the cad drawings so i think they dont have 1/60 model as of yet

I saw those scans, couldn't tell if they were of the model or toy! any chance of getting a higher resolution of the scans? The color on the VF-27 gun looks better than the ones on the Deluxe Vf-25's. It looks like Bandai is trying to redeem themselves from rushed Macross 7 Toys of the 90's. Yamato and Bandai's slapfest will damage many bank accounts! ^_^

Me wants a VF-171, they could certainly milk a VF-171 mold more than they can the VF-27.

VF-171, RVF-171, VF-171EX Alto, RVF-171EX Luca, VF-171EX Standard.

Graham

I'm sure it's coming. Bandai has to reclaim the Macross property and do right by it! Only time will tell.

Just got my first DX... probably will be my only DX. like the missing link between the ver1 1/60 and the 1/48... and yes, it came slick with oil and finger prints. not a big deal, but kinda gross.

I have to agree with this. No oil but not nearly as taken with the toy as I was hoping. It's kind of a floppy mess.

I have to agree with this. No oil but not nearly as taken with the toy as I was hoping. It's kind of a floppy mess.

omg, with the armor on... you look at it funny and things fall off.

It's warming on me... but it makes the 1/48 GBP armor look secure and well thought out. <_<