Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.6

Duke Togo

I guess they didn't want to spend money molding two separate chest armors for Alto and Ozma and just chose Alto's for both.

Btw how do you lock the leg armor in place with the arm armor on in fighter mode. As the little tab at the shoulder end is always pushed out by the shoulder armor, it is impossible to keep them mounted on my valk. When I try to lock the legs in, it pushes the arms flat and the arm armor pops off. It's also not possible to mount the arm armor with the legs locked, as there is not enough space.

Edited by DarkReaper

I guess they didn't want to spend money molding two separate chest armors for Alto and Ozma and just chose Alto's for both.

Btw how do you lock the leg armor in place with the arm armor on in fighter mode. As the little tab at the shoulder end is always pushed out by the shoulder armor, it is impossible to keep them mounted on my valk. When I try to lock the legs in, it pushes the arms flat and the arm armor pops off. It's also not possible to mount the arm armor with the legs locked, as there is not enough space.

I got so annoyed with the arm armor popping off that I gave up and just left the arm armor off. I'll give it another try later today if no one else replies

You'll have to make sure that the arms remain (slightly) BENT at the elbows so that there's just enough gap for the arm armors' pegs to hold on to. If you straighten the whole arm, as you would in a normal transformation without the armor, it's only natural for the thing to pop off as the armor will be pushed off. It's a fiddly thing but the arm armor can remain attached in fighter mode (if you have the patience for it ^_^).

Oh, and mount it on before locking the legs to the wings. Like you've mentioned, there simply isn't enough room to put them on once the legs are locked in place.

Edited by todd77

Does anyone keep the crotch armor attached in fighter mode btw? I figured it's a bitch to keep it from popping off, it's not visible anyway and it would get scratched while trying to lock the legs in.

I keep mine off. I tried putting them on during my first transformation and found that the fitting was way too tight. Like you, I didn't want to risk chipping the paint the off.

The collectionDX review above showed the armored battroid on the stand. Seemed okay, although the legs kept flopping down, and couldnt maintain an A stance.

They mentioned the crotch lock being stiffer too, but I think the lock design hasn't changed since the initial release; they just got luckier this time with QC.

My michael's crotch lock is so stupidly weak that if I want to display him in Bat mode I have to use some of those clear rubber bands you get on some toys now to hold it. very frustrating for a brand new toy that has been transformed gently a staggering 2 times. My Michael had so many issues I have now gone to the models, which apart from the eensy little stickers for the fast packs, really are pretty darn good.

I do not mind paying upwards of 200 dollars for a toy, but if I do it should have A LOT less issues than my Michael does. Unless I see they have significantely improved I will just buy models. They have issues too, but I can deal with issues on something that costs what they do, and since you are building it yourself, only you are to blame for the quality control.

My armored Ozma model and Armored alto Model cost around 85 dollars shipped off ebay each, so I basically get 2 for the price of one problematic DX.

I truely WISH the DX line was great, I was so excited to get my shiney new Michael, only to find he was not worth anywhere near what I paid for him, and I thought I had gotten a good deal on the price since I picked him up at Botcon and did not end up having to pay shipping. Still was way to darn much money.

Edited by Rhapsodyred99

Haven't read your review yet, but you have some very nice photos. ;)

Thanks. :)

I could have done a more thorough review but the dang thing took a lot outta me. I manage to take the photos while I was transforming it and snapping together the armor parts.

Got my full armor VF-25S today. This is my first VF-25 (I have 3 different Yamato valks, and some various others). No QC issues that I can see. Transformed it from fighter to battroid and back with no armor before I went to work. When I got home I spent the most frustrating hour with it that I ever have with a transforming valk. It really feels like the team that made the old chunky monkey VF-1 toys tried their hand at a VF-25. I eventually managed to get the armor on, starting in battroid and transforming it to fighter. Parts popped off, one of the wings didn't want to lock its peg into the leg and most of the parts don't seem to want to sit flush next to eachother. More than once it felt like the parts needed to be forced into position. I kept trying until I got things where they should be without forcing them.

It looks really cool, definitely the most elaborate fighter mode I've seen... but aren't toys supposed to be fun, as well as looking cool?

Oh well, it sits here swaying on its stand as I type. I'll probably have a go at taking off the armor in the morning.

I got my DX Armored Ozma yesterday and spent a few hours playing with it. I'm happy!

Below's my short review of the figure and armor pack:

http://loopydetails.com/index.php?/Core-Ar...zma-review.html

nice review and cool pics w/ the chain-base background. i'm using the stand the way you're using it in f-mode (more stable than mounting it under the cockpit area), although the darn thing is, when i was finally able to fit the gunpod, i realized you can't mount it that way on the stand w/ the darn gunpod on. :mellow:

nice review and cool pics w/ the chain-base background. i'm using the stand the way you're using it in f-mode (more stable than mounting it under the cockpit area), although the darn thing is, when i was finally able to fit the gunpod, i realized you can't mount it that way on the stand w/ the darn gunpod on. :mellow:

Thanks, and wow... you're a bigger man than me. After 1/2 hour of trying to force the gunpod in between to 2 fat leg armors in fighter mode I gave up (I'm not gonna try it again either).

Thanks, and wow... you're a bigger man than me. After 1/2 hour of trying to force the gunpod in between to 2 fat leg armors in fighter mode I gave up (I'm not gonna try it again either).

I haven't done it myself, but Graham has done it, and he said it is easy. check page 7 - Post #245 (with photos too)

:)

LOL, 30mins... you've got patience... i gave up on it the first time after 5mins! the second time it was okay, and i did follow Graham's advise to have one leg locked onto the wing and the other folded down when putting in the gunpod. although, like i said, i was pissed when i had to remove it anyway coz of how i prefer to mount it on the stand. :wacko:

Edited by m0n5t3r

Is it bugging anyone that the chest missile bay has the hinge on the inside rather than the outside?

considering it took me a good 5 minutes to figure out what you meant and that I can't even remember how it looked in the anime. I'd so no, it doesn't bug me. ^_^

I am sure this problem has been discussed here before...

I just got my first 1/60 VF-25F, and I noticed that the tail fins do not have the two small white trims on either side. These white trims are shown on the box art photos, but not on the valk that came in the box.

Is this another QC lapse? Or are they making them without those trims on the tail fins?

I am sure this problem has been discussed here before...

I just got my first 1/60 VF-25F, and I noticed that the tail fins do not have the two small white trims on either side. These white trims are shown on the box art photos, but not on the valk that came in the box.

Is this another QC lapse? Or are they making them without those trims on the tail fins?

Sadly none of the DX figs have the trim. The back part of the 25-S's leg should be the lighter grey also, but....guess that's just how it goes. :(

I can't even remember how it looked in the anime.

It opened both ways:

Ep2, Ozma, single target: outside.

Ep7, Ozma, multi target: inside.

Ep14, Alto, single target: outside.

Ep22, Ozma, single target or multiple rocks?: inside.

Ep25, Alto, single target: inside.

It's like they can't decide on Ranka or Sheryl.

It opened both ways:

You have a good eye. I never noticed that.

It opened both ways:

Good catch! I'm rewatching Macross Frontier and just noticed it on ep7. Guess it's "right" <_<

Not waiting for Bandai to offer a "weathered" version of the 1/60 VF-25, I took the liberty of applying a light weathered finish to the Alto Custom DX valk. Also, I applied the white color trims on the tail fins missing when it came out of the box. It looks like a lot of the DX valks are missing those trims on the tail fins.

Here are the results:

post-7534-1252279483_thumb.jpegpost-7534-1252279502_thumb.jpeg

post-7534-1252279635_thumb.jpegpost-7534-1252279557_thumb.jpeg

Not waiting for Bandai to offer a "weathered" version of the 1/60 VF-25, I took the liberty of applying a light weathered finish to the Alto Custom DX valk. Also, I applied the white color trims on the tail fins missing when it came out of the box. It looks like a lot of the DX valks are missing those trims on the tail fins.

Here are the results:

post-7534-1252279483_thumb.jpegpost-7534-1252279502_thumb.jpeg

post-7534-1252279635_thumb.jpegpost-7534-1252279557_thumb.jpeg

That is beautiful.

Wonderful 'weather' finished! ;)

Here are the results:

Great weathering job!!

BTW, apparently the Fold Clear version has been released:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/18251255@N00/...57622130458135/

Nice photos. I'm meh to it though, never did care for clear parts even when there's an actual detailed 'frame' underneath to geek out about. This one doesn't have even that and too much sparkley clear plastic just makes it look... like a wall of clear sparkley sparkley plastic. Maybe it looks better in person.