Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.6

Duke Togo

My DX Alto doesn't have any oily substance anywhere on it. Am I owning it wrong?

Really? My reissued Alto is still rather oily particularly at the intakes. Maybe it's less the case of oil than it is of super-glossy surface? My SOC Gunbuster also exhibits the same oily surface. Guess I'm owning it right then? :(

Anyone have any pictures with the the Armoured VF-25 with an Armoured VF-1?

or any comparison pictures at all really...y'all make a lot of posts lol

Exactly...for two pages now it's like 'oh it's an oily substance...oh mine has it too...oh it's the HK ones that have oily substance...oh oily surfaces'.

Things people really want to see

a)Armoured up Alto, just to see how the upcoming armour is going to fit on him. Like, NOBODY is curious?

b)Pictures of VF-25S in fighter mode, attempted transformation with the elongated neck part. Best possible transformation scenario with the part.

c)Comparisons with other armoured VFs

I seriously doubt devoting 5 minutes to dress up another valk in the armour or 2 minutes for a fighter mode transformation are going to hurt anybody. Do it for the community, people.

Really? My reissued Alto is still rather oily particularly at the intakes. Maybe it's less the case of oil than it is of super-glossy surface? My SOC Gunbuster also exhibits the same oily surface. Guess I'm owning it right then? :(

Maybe they don't all get cleaned properly at the factory or something. I've seen the mold release oil on other toys before, but not on my DX. Whenever I have seen it on toys, it wipes right off so I've never thought much of it.

here's another one from TD w/c is very detailed w/ very nice pics... ***drool***

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-105466-1-1.html

here's one w/ a fighter comparison w/ a 25G.

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-105716-1-1.html

Its amazing how much larger the armored appears in fighter mode next to the VF-25G. Almost like they are a different scale. Just a few more hours till mine is delivered!

IMGP3121.jpg

IMGP3122.jpg

Edited by ATLMYK

Well I just joined the owners club after a long wait I just bought these -> Bandai Chogokin DX 1/60 GE-47 VF-25S with Armored Pack, VF-25F, GE-44 VF-25G Super, RVF-25 Super, Ghost Set, Gallia 4 Set, and Tamashii Web Shop exclusive- Super Set VF-25F and S. I'll post a pic of them all together when thay arrive.

Well I just joined the owners club after a long wait I just bought these -> Bandai Chogokin DX 1/60 GE-47 VF-25S with Armored Pack, VF-25F, GE-44 VF-25G Super, RVF-25 Super, Ghost Set, Gallia 4 Set, and Tamashii Web Shop exclusive- Super Set VF-25F and S. I'll post a pic of them all together when thay arrive.

damn, & how much did that set you back?

About 1000 flat, over priced but hey they were the only guys who had them all as a set.

That is a very good price. It's about the same as I picked them up/ preordered them without paying any (really) inflated amount.

Got mine today! Well, I love the overall aggro styling, but the previous problems with the intake armor are now transferred to the hip-armor. Trying to put those pieces on in fighter mode (or any mode) is pretty frustrating. I simply take the exercise as a one-time deal – I am not likely to ever take the armor off. Graham is right about the poorly designed forearm armor: poor oversight on an otherwise solid figure. Right now, I've got the Skull Squadron lined up thus:

10.jpg

To make space, ol' Konig is back in battroid mode. I tried using the new 'gerwalk struts' from Armored Ozma to see if it could improve the stance on Michel's ride. In a word: NO. The struts restrict the legs to the 'official' straight-up connected pose, so it's only helpful for supporting the armored pack gerwalk ON THE STAND.

11.jpg

Still, Armored Battroid cuts a real mean presence. I don't give a rats ass if the number of missiles is correct... the effect of seeing all those Yoshinol cans is good enough for me.

8/10

Hit did it VERY carefully.

Protip: constant bending puts wear and tear on the ball joint inside.

I had to learn this the hard way. The DX head lasers normally don't sit outwards.

Well, I love the overall aggro styling, but the previous problems with the intake armor are now transferred to the hip-armor. Trying to put those pieces on in fighter mode (or any mode) is pretty frustrating.

Are you referring to the hip gun armor pieces - those curved, gray chunks that you slap on to the side of the intake armor? If so, yeah, those are a real pain to put back on especially when the wings are already locked to the leg armors. I don't suppose there's a way to transform the toy without removing them? Even the instructions say to remove them.

Got mine yesterday along with a second alto for the alto custom armored set coming out next month. Both were free of grease except for one of the large wing armor/cannon/launchers. I did notice a very strong fresh paint smell when I opened the two parts clam shells with most of the yellow pieces. The paint was fine and did not fell tacky to the touch. Since I could still smell a good bit of paint from the yellow pieces I left them untouched and uncovered overnight.

The smell seemed to be mostly gone today so I armored that bird up! Fully armored it definitely has some heft to it now. Looks fantastical as a fighter and pretty tough as a battroid too. Right now I am contemplating what detail enhancement I might do. Being the coward that I am I will probably wait to see what others do and steal their ideas. Still the gold vent/heat sinks on the wing booster scream for some dry brush action.

Are you referring to the hip gun armor pieces - those curved, gray chunks that you slap on to the side of the intake armor? If so, yeah, those are a real pain to put back on especially when the wings are already locked to the leg armors. I don't suppose there's a way to transform the toy without removing them? Even the instructions say to remove them.

Yup, that's the part. I mean, i don't have a problem with swapping the hip-guns since the Super Packs, but the even larger size of the Armored Pack version means they can't even flip-out 90-degrees like previously. Reading the instructions, I'd expected:

1. Remove stock hip-guns

2. Insert Armored hip-guns

There is no 3.... right? Wrong.

You've got to:

3. Separate the outer hip armor from the new hip-guns

4. Attach ONLY the new hip-guns after leg armor is done but BEFORE you lock the legs to the wings for fighter mode

5. Reattach the outer hip armor onto a squirming piece of hip-gun almost purely by FEEL because the pegs don't align easily

Hmm.

I got mine a couple days ago, but I've only recently had time to fiddle around with it. My initial impressions are very positive, although my expectations are probably much lower than most others' here, as it's also my first Macross toy. Transforming it is pretty straightforward now that I've done it a few times, and it seems like it'll hold up pretty well from multiple transformations.

My main gripe would be the flash apparent on some pieces, very much like what you'd see after cutting a model piece off a plastic sprue tree. The forearm armor was also annoying in the beginning, as the design, as others have pointed out, isn't ideal for staying on.

I'm interested to see what future releases Bandai has in store for this line after the Alto movie release and MacQuarter, as I'm undecided as to whether or not I want to invest further in the line. Seeing others post the 4 Messiahs together makes it awfully tempting though...

P1000297.jpg

Well I just discovered that Bandai is offering a separate Armor pack for the DX Alto. Im going to get that since I already have a Luca and I really dont need another valk. Its something I can afford. Since I have the 1/100 Michael and Fix Figuration Metal Composite Rx 178 3 with G-Fighter and Z-Plus in the mail. I dont know how some of you can afford it with families and all. I have to save money for the Quarter and SDF-1 from yamato

Edited by nugundamII

After looking at mine for a few hours I just keep thinking how much better it will look with a flat clear coat. I like the glossy look on Alto's ride but semi-glossy grey does not work for Ozma's. The white show pony should be flashy but a low-vis-grey flying tank piloted by a grizzled veteran should be the opposite. I also think the armored pieces will look 'harder' and heavier.

After looking at mine for a few hours I just keep thinking how much better it will look with a flat clear coat. I like the glossy look on Alto's ride but semi-glossy grey does not work for Ozma's. The white show pony should be flashy but a low-vis-grey flying tank piloted by a grizzled veteran should be the opposite. I also think the armored pieces will look 'harder' and heavier.

A guy from Toysdaily has already done that... matt coat with pannel lines.

Looks way better!

13069652.jpg

http://toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-105600-1-4.html

And as some have requested, pics of full armored Alma (Alto + Ozma = Alma :lol:):

Fighter:

post-5445-1250833112_thumb.jpg

Alma looks better in fighter... it'll be really tempting if Bandai decides to make movie or whatever versions of these bundled armored VF-25s for the whole SMS Skull squad... :rolleyes:

how do you get alto's head antennas like that!!!!????

I pulled the cannons sideways GENTLY and repeatedly. And then I have kept it in Battroid mode since then.

I know there are MWers who have broken the cannons with this practice... So it's not recommended to try at all.

Just opened the box today though I received on Tue. Only had time today to do a partial inspection.

1) there is a strong paint smell coming from the box. So I open it in a well-ventilated area.

2) there are some oily patches on the leg armours on mine. So I do what I always do for these PVC toys: Give them a gentle warm water baby lotion sponge bath to remove any chemical residues. :lol: I ain't gonna catch cancer from my hobby if I can help it. They're drying up as I type here.

3) My 4 head lasers aren't 100% straight. Slightly bent and not in a parallel alignment. Probably will use a hairdryer to gently straighten them if I have some time later.

4) Reading the manual right now, since it's my first DX. And like they always say, RTFM.

More later.

THANKS todd77 for the armored Alto pics!!!

Well, Alto's red looks rather nice with the yellow.

wow. makes it look badass.

You gonna change you mind again? ;)

Finally decided to get one. Might sell my Alto or sell the Ozma and keep the armor if I'm not impresed after opening it. I think two DXs are more that enough in my collection already.