Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.6

Duke Togo

"TAKE THIS, MOTHERTRUCKERS!!"

Gotta love unloading the full payload dynamic action shots !!!

Im hoping it holds together better thank michaels, in that the armour doesn't pop off every time i look at it sideways!

I too am interested in knowing if the extension can be left on in fighter mode without too much drawbacks ?

can anyone remind me which episode of Macross f had the best screen shots of ozma armored Messiah??? tell me the episode number

can anyone remind me which episode of Macross f had the best screen shots of ozma armored Messiah??? tell me the episode number

from memory... ep 1 and/or 2... ep7 "Planet Dance" sequence where Ozma does that multiple targeting display thingy...

just guessing, but maybe the additional armor parts near the head in f-mode makes it difficult or impossible to keep the neck extension in there... :unsure:

@ff95gj - really interested to hear your comments about the QC on your Armored VF-25S... tried an online translator for your TD review but i got cr@p and couldn't really understand anything, lol :lol:

Edited by m0n5t3r

It was late last night when I posted the pics.. So I didn't type anything...

Here I whine!

I'll skip the old complaints on oily surface and fingerprints. (the Yammies are so clean by comparison that you can eat it)

(I am just told that the oil may be there so the plastic bag won't stick to the toy. Still, it doesn't feel good.)

The quality control is bad. It's not deflective, it's not broken, it's not done wrong, it's done in a chessy way. Out of the box, the black stripe on the wing has already 2 scratches. The red spot on the head has a paint chip. Here and there you see the nubs (or is it call bumps?) that I remember someone asked whether it is needed to cut the parts from a sprue tree.

There are the pegs on the "wing plates" that are used to lock with the legs in fighter mode. Maybe it's just my unit; but the pegs are molded so bad they are not simple cylinders. The peg heads are so big that they cannot fit into the armor parts. I checked that those pegs are fine for my other DXs. I don't think it's a new design to "lock better" because there'sn't a need to, and the way it looks (deformed), and the fact that there's no way to fit in the leg armors (super parts or armored parts). I had to file them down to make it work. Maybe it is a new design to make it lock better; but it still locks well after filing, and frankly I really can't force the peg through that holes.

The shoulders. These are the TIGHTEST shoulders I've seen. The reason that there isn't a Gerwalk mode in my pics, is that I cannot turn the arms to transform. At the end after I transformed it to Battroid mode, I dislodged the arms and loosened it by brute force. The screw opening to loosen the shoulder seems to be covered and I didn't want to risk scatching the surface by peeling it open.

There is no reaction missile included. Damned for another Tamashii exclusive. Please note that in a couple of pictures, I borrowed the Yamato 1/60 missiles for photo shooting.

That's basically my current complaints. And now there's something not really a complaint, just a limitation: it's not easy to play with the toy once it has all the armored parts. It's more of a display piece once the armors are up. Worse yet, for my own unit the shoulders are so tight that I can't really pose it easily. I hope I am a special case. P.S. I've a friend whose unit has a stiff left arm.

On the pros; I think the armor parts are implemented well. The parts attach better than the super parts. The fighter mode looks awesome. The battroid mode looks fine. The articulation is acceptable for an armored valk, although I won't say you can pose it really well with the legs. The shoulders (if you don't suffer from the tight ones as I do) and elbows are very good.

I believe you cannot transform with the neck extention thing, but I have not tried hard worrying that it would chip the paint further.

The extra armor on the back plate is using the same 4 holes as the super part counterpart. Therefore I believe the version 1 VF-25F can use the upcoming Armor parts too. (I won't be responsible for any financial loss if it turns out it can't!)

One notice to people who cares about the neck and the head alot: please notice that I always do NOT transform it properly so as to make the head hold higher. I don't know how to put it in words, cuz it's a lot of trial and errors. I don't seem to be able to do the same to my RVF-25 yet for instance. The idea is to push the neck piece higher...

I don't kow if I recommend it or not. If you are a DX fans, this unit should please you. If you are a newcomer to the Macross toys, you probably want to try something easier to handle first.

episode 2,

episode 7,

episode 17

:angry:

BANDAI skips a lot of marking details...All the white lines over the wing-boosters, all the red lines over missile covers, and a lot of minor details:

Is it just me or that other ppl are also thinking of applying some white paint for those as well as spraying the base strips yellow?

Edited by catcha

'cos you wanted me to have it instead?

lol jk ;)

biggest pisser in this purchase that I just did is the damn lack of reaction missiles (totally irks me to no end.....) I do not think their will be a tamishii exclusive on them I think we have been tamissiiid to the MAX

also the 1/72 kits have more decals for the same parts (is bandai trying to tell us that keep with the kit rather than the chunky monkey?) hmmmmmm :angry:

I just had an orgasm looking at ff95gj and gamu-toy's pics!

So I take it that HLJ will NOT be shipping anything until after the 16th? I wish I were in Hong Kong or Japan right about now...

Comparing the original "naked" VF-25S versus the one included in the new, armored set, are there differences beyond the head lasers and neck?

Yeah, can anybody with both do a side by side pic comparison of the plain VF-25S. Thank you.

I got my VF-25S armored today from anime-export. Unfortunately one of the head lasers were bent right from the box with a slight hairline crack. Luckily, I was able to bend it back with minimal damage.

Aside from the obvious head/neck changes... the two pegs on either side of the hips which peg into the body of the fighter mode or for gerwalk mode have been upgraded (?) and by meaning upgraded with the (?) it's not for certain that this would be a great long term addition. Bandai has added a metal pin in the middle of the pegs which is visible (sorry no pics atm, mine is back in its box due to the lack of space in my room).

I haven't had the chance to further inspect my Armored VF-25S.

***EDIT***

It just seems like my luck with valks hasn't been that great lately. I am glad to say that Tamashii's exclusive Alto armor pack will be my last product from the DX line in the foreseeable future.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

Also just received my armored Ozma today. Like ff95gj, I'm a little disappointed with the paint application. Straight out of the box, there are paint chips on the shoulders (the yellow border encompassing the SMS and 001 designation), on the red "dot" of the battroid's head, and paint scratches on the black lines on the wings. Still, these are relatively minor compared to the gash on the 001 tampo marking on the shoulder. Bah! Well, I shouldn't be too bothered since I'll leave the toy in armored mode anyway.

As for the armor, putting it on the first time is kind of scary since I had to be careful on where to grip the toy especially considering how easily the markings and paint application can scratch off. I'm actually rather glad that there aren't as many markings on the armor compared to the super packs. The armor pieces clip on tight and nice and for me and it's far easier to woosh this thing around in fighter mode compared to the super messiahs since there's plenty of "safe-zone" grip areas at the bottom of the ship with no markings to worry about. In fact, I'd like to think that the armor parts in this case really do serve like armor parts - they protect the messiah underneath quite well provided that you don't apply excessive force in putting them on. Too bad I can't find a way to clip on the gunpod in fighter mode. The gunpod clip is simply too short! I also did not attach the crotch armor in fighter mode after finding out that the fitting was a little too tight and I fear more paint might be scratched off. Still, the sight of a fully armored messiah is indeed impressive, at least enough for me to forgive the out-of-box paint scratches. Oh, and there's also quite a bit of super glue vapor residue on the armor parts and the entire thing is rather oily.

I'll try to grab some pics when I have the time.

Well, I still got some time before I go and get an Ozma...maybe October or November....I'm gonna have fun with what I got right now as I'm now putting on the parts for my Super Alto and painting the SMS display stand. Oh well, be some time before I buy another DX.

You guys have me thinking about canceling my order, now.

same here.. it's sounds like a freaking toynami product.

edit:: forget it, cancelled. I''ll just get the model and be done with it, maybe the 1/48 if it's transformable.

Edited by eugimon

same here.. it's sounds like a freaking toynami product.

edit:: forget it, cancelled. I''ll just get the model and be done with it, maybe the 1/48 if it's transformable.

Same here. This sounds WAY too much like what some of us went through with the YF-19's back what Yamato first released them.

reading these reviews is scaring me like how i Got the luca with paw prints, human finger oils, paint chipped, scraches, two tone greens, very nicely scratched canopy. Im thinking of saving the money. How do you guys find the model. Can you transform it without it falling apart. I have MG Zeta V2 which is horrible. I have the PG version so I use them to compare against each other. The MG zeta just falls to pieces when you try to transfom it. Can someone please give me some feedback

Edited by nugundamII

Got them today!

3818837577_4a24a410bc.jpg

3818790361_e9d3e16b1d.jpg

3819597456_334b9084aa.jpg

Those extra missiles are great! The Ghost and weapon set is worth buying! I also bought the Fold Booster set because from the anime, I love the part when Michael and Ranka flew to Gallia IV to save Alto and Sheryl. And Ranka sang the Seikan Hikou!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3eEjObrmbg

Just quick snap shots! ;)

3818790809_99fef889a3_b.jpg

3819597786_e53222ceeb_b.jpg

3818791003_0875a43f93_b.jpg

1/60 Ranka Lee. Kira! ;D

3818791071_e364ff33e8_b.jpg

The Ghosts are awesome! Love the details, really worth to get the three, but the price.

3818791247_d3bfab9f37_b.jpg

Folda Boosta.

Will take some more pics when i get my DX Armored Messiah VF-25S Ozma Custom!

vic01

Edited by vic01

There are the pegs on the "wing plates" that are used to lock with the legs in fighter mode. Maybe it's just my unit; but the pegs are molded so bad they are not simple cylinders. The peg heads are so big that they cannot fit into the armor parts. I checked that those pegs are fine for my other DXs. I don't think it's a new design to "lock better" because there'sn't a need to, and the way it looks (deformed), and the fact that there's no way to fit in the leg armors (super parts or armored parts). I had to file them down to make it work. Maybe it is a new design to make it lock better; but it still locks well after filing, and frankly I really can't force the peg through that holes.

You don't need to file the pegs.

At first I had difficulty in getting them intoo the armour. Actually, I was scared of using too much force and causing stress marks around the hole, but I found you just gotta angle the peg a little and sort of wiggle it in.

It gets easier after 2-3 lockings and unlockings.

Graham

You don't need to file the pegs.

At first I had difficulty in getting them intoo the armour. Actually, I was scared of using too much force and causing stress marks around the hole, but I found you just gotta angle the peg a little and sort of wiggle it in.

It gets easier after 2-3 lockings and unlockings.

Graham

Thanks! It was just difficult for me to angle it right with the armors part falling part (I was trying to fit the super armor before I played with the armor parts). It was designed that way I see now (and feel stupid too), but I prefer the old design (plain peg). It's too difficult to handle (for me) with no apparent advantges.

And the way it is molded is ugly.

Todd77

Thank for sharing. That's great shots!

Just got my armored parts yesty & will wait this weekend to meddle with it. Seem the wings are now less slanted up, just like the reissued Alto.

Very nice and crispy pics!! ^_^

BTW, I don't like it that they don't paint the inside of the missile boxes. The missiles should be white in the body with a red head.

I couldn't do it myself in the model kit so I wished the DX would do it. Obviously not.

Nice pictures, those shots of the missile boxes make me feel better about cancelling though. All it would have taken was a grey or black insert with holes punched out for the missiles to make them look like missiles and not like a rash or a box full of raspberries... oh well.

Thanks! It was just difficult for me to angle it right with the armors part falling part (I was trying to fit the super armor before I played with the armor parts). It was designed that way I see now (and feel stupid too), but I prefer the old design (plain peg). It's too difficult to handle (for me) with no apparent advantges.

And the way it is molded is ugly.

That's because they (of course) insert the metal peg after molding the plastic parts (and getting them out of the injection plastic machine). Having a piece of plastic cap the peg would A) be more difficult to produce, and B) risk cracking the peg.

Nice pictures, those shots of the missile boxes make me feel better about cancelling though. All it would have taken was a grey or black insert with holes punched out for the missiles to make them look like missiles and not like a rash or a box full of raspberries... oh well.

Exactly what I assumed for the model kit. And then when it's not done, I told myself 1/72 is a bit too small for that punch-thru thing. (and so I didn't even imagine it would be done in VF100)

But it's not there in 1/60 DX? That's plain lazy and lack of effort to me...

Can somebody PLEASE attempt to transform it back to fighter with the elongated neck attachment, to see how and if it fits? I'm DYING to see this people, it's the dealbreaker for me!

Tried to transform it back to fighter mode with the neck piece and it seems like a no go. :( Well, that's to be expected. This is as far as I could push the head in. Anymore and I'll likely have a few new scratches:

post-5445-1250233008_thumb.jpg post-5445-1250233000_thumb.jpg

Man, I'm also feeling cancelly. Looks more like a look but not touch but it does sound better than the Fast Packs (don't like handling the valk when their on).

Model kit...

1/100...

Dx...

ARGGHHHH!