Strike A Pose! V.4 - The Macross Mech Pose Thread

JCSaves

A photo of my VT-22 Hess Refueling Valkyrie in fighter mode. This Valk has reduced fire power and armor allowing it to hold additional internal fuel as well as external fuel tanks for in air refueling operations. It's a real pain to transform.

vf22s_HessVariant.jpg

Edited by Novacaine

Diablo I love the sub mode and awesome use of the flightpose stand blackconvoy. I've been having fun with depth of field on my camera. Putting characters in the foreground.

post-13952-0-02472000-1308607564_thumb.jpg

Edited by Novacaine

luv your Mospeada collection, that garfish model has that" worth breaking into your house while your at work" appeal!! ;)

...oh and the macross collection ditto.

Thanx for sharing. :)

luv your Mospeada collection, that garfish model has that" worth breaking into your house while your at work" appeal!! ;)

...oh and the macross collection ditto.

Thanx for sharing. :)

I appreciate the compliment, thank you. The Garfish isnt mine. I was so in awe of it, I posted it, and helped the seller make some sales. It is a nice piece.

Here are some more Macross Pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/5878724035/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/5878727035/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/5879287800/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/5874432062/in/photostream/

OHHHH YESSS!

Nine Breaker here:

With the advent of recent news of the v2. Messiah in production, many are rushing to sell off their old v1. valks. :mellow:

"But NB - v1. are crap and not possable, they suck!!! and you suck too NB - I'm can't wait to sell my Armored VF-25S!!" :o

If you fall in the above category, send me a pm, I need a VF25F Alto Custom Armored parts to custom paint. :p

Anyhow - check out my new pics:

5835054266_a9acd958e6_b.jpg

DSC02787 by Supreme Pontiff Ares, on Flickr

5834504275_ea65868b3a_z.jpg

DSC02767 by Supreme Pontiff Ares, on Flickr

Also I want to sincerely extend my apologies to those who DID NOT pick up the Tornado VF25G.......

BECAUSE IT IS SOOOOOO F*CKING AWESOME!!!

5827824424_cd6706691f_b.jpg

DSC02746 by Supreme Pontiff Ares, on Flickr

5827821760_a46b1fc2b7_b.jpg

DSC02724 by Supreme Pontiff Ares, on Flickr

Will put more pics up soon.

NineBreaker - Out.

Yup, I remember when my armored ozma used to be able to hold a pose like that. And now it can't hold up it's own gunpod. Enjoy it while it lasts.

And I'll be happy to sell you mine.

Keep in mind,

the front landing gear doors hinges are busted (they just fell apart)

The head came with some nasty paint gouges where the workers forced the transformation

The back plate hinge has a crack in it

But otherwise complete. Send me a PM if you want it.

Edited by eugimon

Also, wow - those Tamashii stands ROCK!!!! hopefully if my budget permits it, I may buy one more - I got two so far - yeah, I'm a Yamato stand hater, I bought one thinking it might fit my YF21, and man did I get yamatoed (it only fits Fighter and Gerwalk, no Battroid....) :angry:

But these things are pricey, coming in at $60 plus shipping and handling, but worth it. If you do take the plunge MAKE EXTRA sure the seller includes the Battroid attachments :o , as Bandai didn't release them with the first wave, however most sellers should sell them included by now. (I heard there was RE-release of these stands along with the Tornado parts and powered set, tamashii web-only check to make sure)

5827821760_a46b1fc2b7_b.jpg

DSC02724 by Supreme Pontiff Ares, on Flickr

5827824026_80c2fd35e7_b.jpg

DSC02745 by Supreme Pontiff Ares, on Flickr

5827822512_3080acd973_b.jpg

DSC02729 by Supreme Pontiff Ares, on Flickr

5827822878_e594c74d07_b.jpg

DSC02731 by Supreme Pontiff Ares, on Flickr

It just adds so much drama and effect to the already-awesome-you-should-go-and-buy-it-now Tornado Messiah :D . Yes, I'm glad I didn't buy the first release which included the Super Packs because THIS one knocks it out the ballpark into the stratosphere.

Did I mention it COMES with the POWERED SET parts? 4 piece of tabs that tab in the turbines (why!? don't know but it makes it look like a plane out of a space plane arcade Darius perhaps!??) AND perhaps the biggest micro missiles POD I have ever seen in a plane (those things look like extra fuel tanks).

Anyhow - a great Messiah to have, comes with a freaking awesome set and a freakin stand that is compatible WITH ALL modes (you hear that Yamato!?) :angry:

NineBreaker OUT.

Yup, I remember when my armored ozma used to be able to hold a pose like that. And now it can't hold up it's own gunpod. Enjoy it while it lasts.

And I'll be happy to sell you mine.

Keep in mind,

the front landing gear doors hinges are busted (they just fell apart)

The head came with some nasty paint gouges where the workers forced the transformation

The back plate hinge has a crack in it

But otherwise complete. Send me a PM if you want it.

While it last!?? :o Man...I plunked almost $250 when this badboy came out, day ONE!, this Bad Mofo is lasting me a LIFETIME - I treat it even more gentler than a real life baby!! And is STILL good as the day it came out. And yeah, it has it short-comings (crappy plastic? I can't tell), but then again, I have no idea, even by then - how did people transform it without taking the Armored Back Parts first!? :huh: - but by then the horror stories came out.

me, I take almost 45 minutes transforming mines, making sure no scratches in tampo-printing (minor ones, but I plan to "touch-up"), no stress in the back joints where it causes the most stress. I make sure I do all my work, and be TOTALLY free when I'm doing this. Hell, I put the GF on hold, buddies on block, family to the curb..hehehe B))

How are the BackParts, I could care less about the plane - I just need the Armored parts for re-coloring for Alto-use. BTW, I'm sorry about your Messiah - its a shame man. You ain't the only one with a beef with Bandai. <_<

And also, if you thought that was bad, the Tornado Parts on my VF25G are EVEN MORE HEAVIER than the Armored Parts (including that huge Missile Pod and the parts in the wing turbines) so I take real good care when transforming and always add those parts after the Mode change has been completed to avoid OVER-stressing the joints in the back. Maybe I should make a new post in how to transform these babies as I already got a system down and everything. :rolleyes:

Cheers.

5684664777_35172e1620_z.jpg

Tornado Messiah VF25G by Supreme Pontiff Ares, on Flickr

5674542221_c355444d68_z.jpg

IMG_20110423_122756 by Supreme Pontiff Ares, on Flickr

5675107350_b30b1c38ff_z.jpg

IMG_20110423_123012 by Supreme Pontiff Ares, on Flickr

I just love the last pic, the way the wings fold in and make that V shape with all that weaponry in its back. I am so copyrighting these poses. B)) The last two poses I took are kinda crappy as I used my Droid camera cellphones, sorry if they are crappy. Um, I think I may have reposted the first one, I'll edit it later if I did.

While it last!?? :o Man...I plunked almost $250 when this badboy came out, day ONE!, this Bad Mofo is lasting me a LIFETIME - I treat it even more gentler than a real life baby!! And is STILL good as the day it came out. And yeah, it has it short-comings (crappy plastic? I can't tell), but then again, I have no idea, even by then - how did people transform it without taking the Armored Back Parts first!? :huh: - but by then the horror stories came out.

me, I take almost 45 minutes transforming mines, making sure no scratches in tampo-printing (minor ones, but I plan to "touch-up"), no stress in the back joints where it causes the most stress. I make sure I do all my work, and be TOTALLY free when I'm doing this. Hell, I put the GF on hold, buddies on block, family to the curb..hehehe B))

How are the BackParts, I could care less about the plane - I just need the Armored parts for re-coloring for Alto-use. BTW, I'm sorry about your Messiah - its a shame man. You ain't the only one with a beef with Bandai. <_<

And also, if you thought that was bad, the Tornado Parts on my VF25G are EVEN MORE HEAVIER than the Armored Parts (including that huge Missile Pod and the parts in the wing turbines) so I take real good care when transforming and always add those parts after the Mode change has been completed to avoid OVER-stressing the joints in the back. Maybe I should make a new post in how to transform these babies as I already got a system down and everything. :rolleyes:

Cheers.

The armor pack is just fine. No busted tabs, nothing missing. All the hands, neck extension, knife, gunpod, stand (and all the bits), everything good to go.

Like I said, you want it, shoot me a PM and we can figure out a fair price.

Also, wow - those Tamashii stands ROCK!!!! hopefully if my budget permits it, I may buy one more - I got two so far - yeah, I'm a Yamato stand hater, I bought one thinking it might fit my YF21, and man did I get yamatoed (it only fits Fighter and Gerwalk, no Battroid....) :angry:

But these things are pricey, coming in at $60 plus shipping and handling, but worth it. If you do take the plunge MAKE EXTRA sure the seller includes the Battroid attachments :o , as Bandai didn't release them with the first wave, however most sellers should sell them included by now. (I heard there was RE-release of these stands along with the Tornado parts and powered set, tamashii web-only check to make sure)

I’m glad you’re so happy with a toys line that if it was so good you shouldn’t need to be so careful with… :wacko:

It’s funny to see that after stating you’re a Yamato stand hater for not to include a YF-21 battroid mode adaptor you strongly advice to any interested person in buying a Tamashii stand to be extra sure the seller includes the battroid attachments, as Bandai didn't release them with the first wave! :lol:

Anyway, if it’s of any help to you, remember that as I mentioned at the Yamato 1/60 VF-22S Thread I was able to customize the battroid mode adaptor very easily by simply adding to it the connection part of one of those that come in a bag with the Yamato arm. Here you are some pics:

post-12283-0-78466200-1309762167_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-19177500-1309762209_thumb.jpg

Happy yes - hell yes!! And so damn happy I'm sharing it with everyone. I just finished collecting the whole sms squadron perhaps a month ago with my acquisition of my third and last weapon set.

At least it could be worse to be yamatoed, have a shoulder pin explosion, and start begging for a pin happy. I apologize to those who went tru this, but its a reality which still happens even now.

I hold no love towards bandai, but at least they made a good solid figure that didn't require a whole thread dedicated to pin replacement issues. If you read my posts you would know that.

Regarding your remarks about the stands, I was simply telling people that they should check their puchases for their battroid connector. Most sellers include them now which pretty much negates my statement above, but nonetheless being a concerned collector to my fellow man. At least they don't have to jerry rigg their stand, and yes, I seen you post in another thread and its simply not secure enough to MY standards. Hence, a piece of crap. Yamatoed. A common term used here.

I'm not about to waste my time with you, debating who I hate more, yamato for milking everyone here with reissues, or bandai for remaking the vf25 and making some of us mad for buying all their v1s.

Just making the best out a grim situation, and let's stick to the pics, this thread is for poses and pics, if you want to keep arguing, go ahead, I'm done.

But you go ahead and have yourself a swell day.

Does it have to be a strike pose? Everything I have is in boxes in my new macross room... sorting them out base on series. I find it harder to separate the weathered ones from the none weathered ones..

Hey you!!!! Less talk, more pics. :p

this is how everything looks like right now.. I haven't completely unpacked yet either. The 1/48's are still in boxes and a few of the destroids and resin kits.

DSC_0099.jpg

I found a local shop that will sell me display cabinets and I should be picking them up next week.

this is how everything looks like right now.. I haven't completely unpacked yet either. The 1/48's are still in boxes and a few of the destroids and resin kits.

I found a local shop that will sell me display cabinets and I should be picking them up next week.

good lord man...

I always wondered why so many people on MW complain about display space and large boxes. I really never had too much of a problem with larger boxes, or with displaying. Kicker773 has shown me the light about these issues.

Holy COW dude!!! That collection in itself seems to be worth more than someone's house :blink:

Do you display all that stuff at the same time? Cuz that would be quite a daunting task, and I would love to see the room if you did!

BTW, any reason you bought so many repeats of stuff :p I mean, given the chance, I would to, but whats your reason ^_^

For some reason, the VF-25 pics just don't have that appeal that the Yamato toys have. It's not the brand name either, just the look. Never got too far into collecting them, so absolutely no loss to me. I'm surprised no one has put up the YF-29 in this thread. I may do that soon.

I will be displaying them as soon as I get my cases. I only bought multiples of the 1/48. I told myself I wasn't buying duplicates of the 1/60 v.2. The extras you see on the right of v2 are the weathered versions. I just picked some VF25 valks multiples to display with respective accessories.

HOLY THAT WHICH WILL NOT BE NAMED! :ph34r: You're not married right?!

Edited by Macross_Fanboy