Strike A Pose! V.4 - The Macross Mech Pose Thread

JCSaves

The SDF-1 is more solid in cruiser mode but the Mac Quarter is more fun in battroid mode. I don't think I've been unclear about this? Where am I losing you?

Let's see, UNSpacy comments that the Quarter can't hold itself together in cruiser mode without its stand.

And you respond with "See which one poses better in battroid mode though..."

Where was "fun" in any of this? You've whined on about the SDF-1 not being posable enough, despite the fact that the SDF-1 was never intended to be doing much of anything. It's one big move is ramming stuff with it's arm, which the toy can do just fine.

But whatever dude, you've made your little bandai fanboy post of your day, goodnight.

The fun is posing the toys. You can have more fun posing a Macross Quarter in battroid than you can an SDF-1. Similarly, you can have more fun wooshing around an SDF-1 than you can a Macross Quarter (which is essentially useless off the stand as pointed out earlier). I did no whining about the SDF-1's poseability, in fact I thought I displayed a pretty decent pic of the SDF-1 in action.

I wish the Quarter was more of a flying brick like the original SDF-1 as that is how I think a cruiser should look

This was my point only. It wasn't even a comment on the toy, I think it looks dumb in cruiser mode in the show too (though all the cannons going off and destroids shooting helps with this somewhat).

Didn't want to start a battle.

So,in the spirit of getting the thead back on track a took a crappy picture of my YF-19 BOP

I added a neck piece cover I made and I think it sharpens up the toy alot. If anyone has a translation for the BOP side of the box that would be great because I have only read the Double Nuts translation.

post-13425-0-20759200-1304218791_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Oops, the nose is unlocked, rookie mistake...

Edited by Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX

wow - hey guys! first time here, and man, am I so glad to see so many great poses and collection, :) I will soon upload my own great poses. But nonetheless great stuff everyone!! and yes my avatar pic is mine and a taste of what is to come, but I do kinda wish I had a DSR camera.... :(

wow - hey guys! first time here, and man, am I so glad to see so many great poses and collection, :) I will soon upload my own great poses. But nonetheless great stuff everyone!! and yes my avatar pic is mine and a taste of what is to come, but I do kinda wish I had a DSR camera.... :(

Welcome to the boards. Can't wait to see your poses and stuff you got. Unfortunately, buying a new computer ruined my chances of getting a great camera for now, but one day, will put up some good pics of Macross stuff.

HA!

And many haters say the Bandai DX line are a floppy mess, the joints give out, too expensive, garbage.

Well goddam*!t, I'm here to prove 'em wrong! Starting out with the big daddy himself the VF25S Armored Messiah.

5684705101_15352f9913_b.jpg

DSC02704 by Supreme Pontiff Ares, on Flickr

With closed hatches:

5685277072_b618930602_b.jpg

DSC02625 by Supreme Pontiff Ares, on Flickr

5684707379_d97ee2a643_b.jpg

DSC02627 by Supreme Pontiff Ares, on Flickr

With missile hatches open:

5685278182_d64218b722_b.jpg

DSC02719 by Supreme Pontiff Ares, on Flickr

5685274528_19d8eba1ac_b.jpg

DSC02698 by Supreme Pontiff Ares, on Flickr

different angles:

5685271882_d4fa382883_b.jpg

DSC02665 by Supreme Pontiff Ares, on Flickr

5684716549_2b0dcd3f8a_b.jpg

DSC02647 by Supreme Pontiff Ares, on Flickr

VF25G Tornado Messiah with powered parts:

5684664777_35172e1620_b.jpg

DSC02637 by Supreme Pontiff Ares, on Flickr

5685231284_4ae8e22a2c_b.jpg

DSC02634 by Supreme Pontiff Ares, on Flickr

5685276318_7841cae986_b.jpg

DSC02715 by Supreme Pontiff Ares, on Flickr

HA! and they say they are too bulky and impossible to pose, Fort Knox...its for tourists. (Recently got done with Die Hard with a vengeance) - but thankfully a bit of inspiration from the Bandai Koenig monster and the way the stand was incorporated into their poses - you guys get the idea - I will explain further to work them out, but for now I don't want to take too much of the thread. :unsure:

Very stable poses, shake them and still very good solid poses - the back parts are sooo heavy that I have to agree with a lot of people that the plastic joints CAN break if handled or given too much stress (what kind of an idiot would transform them with all the parts in knowing damn well how heavy those parts are) The Tornado Parts of the VF25G are even heavier than the VF25S Armored pack. Nonetheless excellent figures which are very done, and manage to draw all the attention of visitors and guests alike who walk into my room ^_^

BTW I haven't seen too many poses like mines...I haven't checked out the older threads, if there are - sorry, but give me more frontier DX extreme poses!! :ph34r:

EDIT: wow...bummmer - had to re-fix the html tags.

Edited by the9breaker

HA!

And many haters say the Bandai DX line are a floppy mess, the joints give out, too expensive, garbage.

Great poses!

That doesn't mean the things don't get floppy after a while though. :huh:

Your poses do hide many of the shortcomings successfully, bad hip placement, limited articulation and chunkiness. :)

P.S. I don't regard myself a Bandai hater because I buy a dozen of their toys every month in the past year. I love most of them.

Great poses!

That doesn't mean the things don't get floppy after a while though. :huh:

Your poses do hide many of the shortcomings successfully, bad hip placement, limited articulation and chunkiness. :)

P.S. I don't regard myself a Bandai hater because I buy a dozen of their toys every month in the past year. I love most of them.

Very true - BAD Hip placement - it really kills almost any movement of the leg whatsoever (and since it diecast, with enough movement it can scratch off a lot of paint which will be noticeable in fighter mode), but nonetheless you can work around them - but given how awesome they are, can't help it but love these freaking figures.

I would encourage everyone to realloy get out your Gundam, or in my case, Micron pens and really start panel detailing as much as you can - it makes a very striking difference, I'm currently detailing my VF25G, and wow that blue is really overwhelming in some parts, but with many black lines running in panels it looks even great!

BTW Chunkiness = equals jacked up figure ready to lower a wimpy figure's value and self-esteem down.

VF25S gotta be alpha dude. (gotta stop watching WWE tough enough, it kinda downhill since that MS. USA left...)

• 2 weeks later...

"ALL YOU MELTRAN BITCHES BETTA' RECOGNIZE!!!"

gallery_3595_265_29649.jpg

Hmmm, wonder what scene I was trying to emulate :rolleyes: . . . gallery_3595_265_108404.jpg

Lastly, muchas gracias to Ignacio Ocamica for the TV hands. Extremely happy to have them on the TV Max!

I was trying to take some pics of my hi-metal toys when this happened instead :)

A01-1.jpg

A02-1.jpg

A03-1.jpg

A04-1.jpg

A05.jpg

A06.jpg

A07.jpg

A08.jpg

A09.jpg

A10.jpg

A11.jpg

A12.jpg

A13.jpg

A14.jpg

A15.jpg

A16.jpg

A17.jpg

Edit : Thanks for watching and also for all the kind words everyone :lol:

Edited by Frogze

"ALL YOU MELTRAN BITCHES BETTA' RECOGNIZE!!!"

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/uploads/1303875813/gallery_3595_265_29649.jpg

Hmmm, wonder what scene I was trying to emulate :rolleyes: . . . http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/uploads/1303875813/gallery_3595_265_108404.jpg

Lastly, muchas gracias to Ignacio Ocamica for the TV hands. Extremely happy to have them on the TV Max!

Nicely done!

but you should really get the 1/60 Max-1A TV, too... :D

Also, major props to Frogze for the hilarity! :D

Nicely done!

but you should really get the 1/60 Max-1A TV, too... :D

Thanks, but I've already invested a lot on my 1/48's.

Yeah, I know the 1/60's (version 2.0) are more in-scale with the rest of the Yamato Macross birds. Yes, I realize they have better articulation. But I'm running out of room to display my collections. And the idea of having to buy repeats of my VF-1s doesn't really appeal to me.

Besides, the Stealth scheme and original Low Viz scheme can only be had in the 1/48 scale. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...