How much is the Bandai Elintseeker 1984 Valkyrie MISB worth?

turbolover925

Just ask yourself: what would Rick Hunter do?

Pete

Rick who ?? :p

At the end of the day Its a nice piece to have but I'd still say go for a Yammie 1/60 mkII but see if you can now the seller down some, that way its better for your pocket :)

Rick who ??

You know, Rick Hunter, the hero that this forum is dedicated to, who galliantly piloted his VE-1 Gaurdian Battletech Autobot Transformer fighter into battle against Cobra's Terrordrome and saved Lisa Hayes from Darth Vader's cousin, Captain Crunch, and his evil Henchman Major Bludd, and then flew to the Savage land where they recovered those Animorphs that turned into Dinosaurs - Grim Rock, Swoop Rock, Slag Rock, Snarl Rock, and the Rock Lords as well as those Rock guys from the Inhumanoids series which was a Marvel comics spin-off comic based on the Invid Invasion/Sentinals.

Duh.

I mean - I am actually shocked, shocked, that so few people remember that epic movie Star Fighters with Mark Mammal and Clint Eastwood which featured the revolutionary VE-1 fight designed by famous Japanese super mecha designer Yoko Kano.

Pete

Just get it man, to satisfy and gratify your craving. Because at this point, you'll just keep going in circles. Once you have it, see if you feel at ease. And if not, after a while , you can resell it since it's AFA graded.

I saw the VE-1 at the 1997 Comic Con. It was $600, and the VT-1 was selling for $800. I found a booth that sold a knock off VF-1S HI Metal for $75, and bought one.

I'm going to be selling a 1/55 Elintseeker here soon in the For Sale forum. It's mint, complete with everything and the stickers are unused. The only caveat is the box which has noticeable wear, but is still in displayable condition. I would give it a 5 or 6 out of 10, but as I said, the Elint looks new. I'm hoping I can get $575 for it which includes shipping within the continental US and insurance. I'll take pics of it this weekend and probably list it on Sunday or Monday. I also have a loose and mostly complete 1/55 Super O that I'm considering selling, too, so that may be up along with some other stuff I need to cut loose.

once upon a time I miised a boxed 1/55 vt and boxed 1/55 ve for less than $500 on these very boards. I personally would recommend you getting the yammies... more banais for me.

Yeah... I'm back from the dead and agent's collection kicks my butt.. but I run pretty close.

and nobody pm me as I am still mostly dead and don't know when I will be back. Ecept for dragon, gain, and skull.

chowser still around?

welcome back from the dead.

to the OP: It's only worth what you are willing to pay. Last time I actually went shopping, I ran into a store with vintage Transformers and lo and behold, they had four MISB Jetfires. They wanted $650 for each. Nostalgia value aside, I said, nah. I could just buy a Yamato 1/48 and have someone custom paint me one and it would look better. If I really wanted to play with a 1/55, I would just go grab one of my reissues. Not too keen on the elint myself.

I'm going to be selling a 1/55 Elintseeker here soon in the For Sale forum. It's mint, complete with everything and the stickers are unused. The only caveat is the box which has noticeable wear, but is still in displayable condition. I would give it a 5 or 6 out of 10, but as I said, the Elint looks new. I'm hoping I can get $575 for it which includes shipping within the continental US and insurance. I'll take pics of it this weekend and probably list it on Sunday or Monday. I also have a loose and mostly complete 1/55 Super O that I'm considering selling, too, so that may be up along with some other stuff I need to cut loose.

And here I am about to start a massive trading thread trying to consolidate my collection to only boxed 1/55's now that I finally restored power to my "office" and can see what I actually have. I have a loose ve sporting beer's resin and a loose o' sporting beer's resing and a jetfire tail assembly. While I have lots of stuff I was contemplating offering up a 1oz golden liberty for a boxed o' and seeker. Shame you don't have a box for the o' ...

great to see your still around chowser. The new , ok now old, windows on the house saving enought in utilities to buy more toys now?

Top 15 USEFUL things you can do with 1000 dollars

15. Put it in the bank

14. Invest it somehow

13. Give it to a charity

12. Buy a nice Plasma TV

11. Buy that special someone something special

10. Eat at several fancy restaurants

9. Buy a fancy watch

8. Buy a nice suit

7. Advance some debts

6. Fix that something of your car that always trouble you but you never have the time or money to do so

5. Have a nice little roadtri

4. Go on a cruise

3. Get pampered at a spa

2. Buy a big weapon (gun, sword) that will keep your house safe

and the No.1 USEFUL thing you can do with 1000 dollars....get a night to remember and get laid with a high class hookers that will do you things that only 3 zeros will buy you

that's just 15 things you can do, IF YOU WASTE IT ON A F*CKING USEFLESS RETARTED TOY THAT WAS MADE 20 YEARS AGO THAT YOU WILL MOST LIKELY KEEP BOXED IN THE BACK OF YOUR CLOSET SO THE SUN OR DUST DOESN'T RUIN IT AND WILL PROBABLY NEVER SHOW TO ANYONE, THEN YOU SIR, HAVE PROBLEMS AND NEED TO GET A LIFE,

1000 dollars... ask yourself, what would a homeless man do with a 1000 dollars? geez....some people in this world

Edited by Valkyrie addict

1000 dollars... ask yourself, what would a homeless man do with a 1000 dollars? geez....some people in this world

He would probably spend it on booze, drugs, and a hooker.

Tips on wisely spending $1000 has no place anywhere on this forum sir. You should know better than that.

Besides, you forgot that he could buy $1000 worth of pudding. Ohhh, yeahhh...

ok, a hobo might spend a 1000 dollars on booze, drugs and a hooker, but that's because he doesn't know better, surely a person that has 1000 dollars lying around should know better than to spend it on a stupid toy, yes, STUPID...why?

1. it's no piece of art

2. it was not made by anyone famous

3. it has no historical value

4. it's a toy of a fictional aircraft that only appeared for 3 seconds on a cartoon movie

5. when you die noone will remember you as the guy who had that 1000 dollar toy

I like macross toys, I understand they're a niche market, but I've always disagreed with the ridiculous cost of macross toys lately, I accept that some people may spend a few hundred dollars on them, it's their money, but a 1000 dollars for 1 plastic thing that you don't NEED, it's retarted

I have not answered the OP question, the 1/55 elintseeker is not worth 1000 dollars, search better, wait a little and you will get one for a much more reasonable price, good luck

ok, a hobo might spend a 1000 dollars on booze, drugs and a hooker, but that's because he doesn't know better, surely a person that has 1000 dollars lying around should know better than to spend it on a stupid toy, yes, STUPID...why?

1. it's no piece of art

2. it was not made by anyone famous

3. it has no historical value

4. it's a toy of a fictional aircraft that only appeared for 3 seconds on a cartoon movie

5. when you die noone will remember you as the guy who had that 1000 dollar toy

I like macross toys, I understand they're a niche market, but I've always disagreed with the ridiculous cost of macross toys lately, I accept that some people may spend a few hundred dollars on them, it's their money, but a 1000 dollars for 1 plastic thing that you don't NEED, it's retarted

I have not answered the OP question, the 1/55 elintseeker is not worth 1000 dollars, search better, wait a little and you will get one for a much more reasonable price, good luck

I know, I know. It doesn't make any sense. I'm just pointing out the folly of trying to bring some common sense to a forum of die hard Macross fans. Nothing about this hobby makes any common sense.

One thing is for sure, if he is married, his wife will surely remember him as the guy with that $1000 toy. :lol:

$1000 is different for everybody. If I'm a broke ass student, I can probably find a better use for the money (cheap beer and whiskey).

But if I've got a well paying job, why the hell not spend it on something I really want. Pardon the cliche, but we only live once.

that's just 15 things you can do, IF YOU WASTE IT ON A F*CKING USEFLESS RETARTED TOY THAT WAS MADE 20 YEARS AGO THAT YOU WILL MOST LIKELY KEEP BOXED IN THE BACK OF YOUR CLOSET SO THE SUN OR DUST DOESN'T RUIN IT AND WILL PROBABLY NEVER SHOW TO ANYONE, THEN YOU SIR, HAVE PROBLEMS AND NEED TO GET A LIFE,

i'm probably not really one to talk, as i A; very much dislike the VE-1, and B; wholeheartedly believe the YAMATO 1/60 V.2s to be worlds better than every three-dimensional depiction that ever came prior to them, but each to their own. if buying this admittedly wildly overpriced collector's item will make the OP truly happy, then i say more power to him/her. still, "Valkyrie addict" i am thinking your response to the OP was rather HARSH and DEMEANING... :angry:

Top 15 USEFUL things you can do with 1000 dollars

15. Put it in the bank

14. Invest it somehow

13. Give it to a charity

12. Buy a nice Plasma TV

11. Buy that special someone something special

10. Eat at several fancy restaurants

9. Buy a fancy watch

8. Buy a nice suit

7. Advance some debts

6. Fix that something of your car that always trouble you but you never have the time or money to do so

5. Have a nice little roadtri

4. Go on a cruise

3. Get pampered at a spa

2. Buy a big weapon (gun, sword) that will keep your house safe

and the No.1 USEFUL thing you can do with 1000 dollars....get a night to remember and get laid with a high class hookers that will do you things that only 3 zeros will buy you

Dude, value is relative. You can make this argument about anything. Why buy a nice car when you can buy a cheap used car? Why buy nice shoes when you can buy a set for 5 bucks at the dollar store, why buy a big ass TV when there's starving children in africa, why buy your girl a diamond ring when a plastic crackerjack ring will fit on her finger?

It means nothing to you, that's fine and personally I wouldn't spend 50 bucks on a 1/55 even if it were MISB, but really there's no reason to crap all over someone else just because they value certain things differently than you do.

So... you should change your username right now since you are obviously not a "valkyrie addict" after all.

• 2 weeks later...
I sold my MIB Takatoku Super VF-1S for $1600 back in 2001, it's not even sealed.

Sold a MIB Takatoku CF 1/100 for $1500

I would say I have you beat, but I didn't get more than $600 for my 1S.