Matchbox Robotech Phalanx Swapmeet Find

OneSixMedia

I went to my local swapmeet last night and happened upon a familiar toy a Phalanx.

I bought it and I was wondering what these go for now a days?

I might want to sell it.

The toy is loose and is missing the missile doors, but its in pretty good shape over all!

I will post a pic ASAP.

Thanks

Completed auctions at eBay would be your best reference for a 'going price'.

I was really surprised what a nice toy that one was, especially for the price. Much moreso than the other Destroids from that set.

i've bought loose ones that still had the doors for about $10-$12 or so from Frank and Sons

Oh really that sucks!

Oh well at least I saved him!

I just let my son play with it.

Hey about this Franks and Sons, where is it and what kind of stuff do they have there.

I have heard MW members hang out there.

I would like to check it out.

Is it the large one about 8-10 inches tall or the little ones that are about 3 inches ?

They aren't masses as they are still fairly new, but if its the bigger one at least its worth more.

Is it the large one about 8-10 inches tall or the little ones that are about 3 inches ?

They aren't masses as they are still fairly new, but if its the bigger one at least its worth more.

Actually its 7 inches tall 8 inches with anteanas up.

I suppose it is the large one.

Its kinda cool!

I wish I had the doors!

of all the simple recats to be done I always thought that the missle doors should have become more availible by now myself. The 7" toys were pretty cool and you could use them for custom parts as they were cheap as they got re-issued in "exosquad"

the thing I hated about that toy was that in the pics in the back it had awesome looking missiles, then you open it and you get stupid little dots.

Where the hell is the Yamato version? Been months since prototypes.

I have a couple of those 7inch guys, in fact I have at least 2 of each of them in the loft. I was gonna donate the little guys to MechTek for his rather large scratch build, May have to bust out the others and see what's what.

That's the type I have I also have the larger ones :()

The Exo Squad ones are still fairly plentiful they crop up at discount stores and junk sales etc quite often. Still they are quite good renderings and are excellent for the kids as playthings to divert attention from Yamatos and finished Hasagawas.

I think it's just labled wrong. I don't think they changed any of the mecha names in robotech but I could be wrong.

I thought they changed all the names (to lazy to go look them up...)

Macross / Robotech

Tomahawk = Excalibur

Defender = Radar X

Spartan = Gladiator

Phalanx = Spartan

I thought they changed all the names (to lazy to go look them up...)

Macross / Robotech

Tomahawk = Excalibur

Defender = Radar X

Spartan = Gladiator

Phalanx = Spartan

on RT.com they Use the original names, then in really tiny print they say "also known as: " >link< I think they used the original names in the show and then changed all the names on toys for some strange reason.