Whats the next macross series?

Gubaba, my man, this is full of WIN. all the more for the extensive Iron Maiden references! Where does Eddie come in? :D

Then they should end the series with a montage of all female military characters in the Macross universe, sung to the tune of "Women in Uniform".

Millia, Kanaria and a couple of others just seem so right in that context!

The cast is a third or fourth generation Zentradi mercenary group called Blue Wind. They work for NUNG secessionist planets.

Usually they are at odds with NUNS. Until they came... The Supervision Army.

NUNG leaving secessionist worlds to their fate Blue Wind is all that stands against them.

Zentradi vs Supervision Army

Main Mecha

Feios

post-9033-1256258128_thumb.png

Zentradi Variable Glaug

post-9033-1256258342_thumb.jpg

Zentradi Final Weapon combiner

post-9033-1256258508_thumb.jpg

grunt units: Stealth Glaug, Stealth Reguld, Stealth Gnerl fighter pod, Stealth Quel-Quallie Scout Pod, Zentradi Battle Suit

How about a Macross series exclusively about dogfights and mecha battles? Action that is not constantly interrupted by dancing and singing.

No stupid cheesy soap opera drama. No more retarded storylines about some little girl/woman who saves us all with the power of singing and love.

I can't be the only one who watches Macross exclusively for the action, but cringes/fast forwards through all the other crap? No stupid Sheryl or Ranka or Sharon Apple or Sara Nome...

How about a Macross series exclusively about dogfights and mecha battles? Action that is not constantly interrupted by dancing and singing.

No stupid cheesy soap opera drama. No more retarded storylines about some little girl/woman who saves us all with the power of singing and love.

I can't be the only one who watches Macross exclusively for the action, but cringes/fast forwards through all the other crap? No stupid Sheryl or Ranka or Sharon Apple or Sara Nome...

I'm way ahead of you:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&p=797540

• 3 weeks later...

Given the current state of anime and the general decline of mecha except for some key franchises I would predict the next show to contain zero combat, zero hostile aliens, and no valkyries.

It will be slice-of-life and take place on a pretty mundane colonization fleet.

It will be about 5 moeblobs (five, because it's a prime number) who go about their daily lives doing stupid things and saying stuff just to sound cute. They play musical instruments... oh, and there needs to be some alien pet. Ranka makes a cameo. She is now past her prime, fat and ugly. Sheryl won. The end.

Given the current state of anime and the general decline of mecha except for some key franchises I would predict the next show to contain zero combat, zero hostile aliens, and no valkyries.

It will be about 5 moeblobs (five, because it's a prime number) who go about their daily lives doing stupid things and saying stuff just to sound cute. They play musical instruments... oh, and there needs to be some alien pet. Ranka makes a cameo. She is now past her prime, fat and ugly. Sheryl won. The end.

Let's hope then that Macross remains one the "key franchises" that doesn't suffer from this. I think that Frontier did a pretty good job of incorporating some of the currently fashionable imagery and behaviour in a a classic Macross setting. And since the series did pretty well in Japan, I don't think they'll feel the temptation to "dumb" the series down. At least I hope so...

LOL. K-on meets macross. with Ranka taking the place of that teacher/has-been rock star. i'd watch that; it would be good for a lot of laughs. :lol:

On that note:

I would like a Macross series with Macross-chan characters, dedicated to the hunt for Sheryl's newest panties. 12 episodes of mystery as Ranka, Alto, Sheryl, Nanase and Luca hunt for the missing panties. There will be all sorts of adventures along the way.

Oh - and of course Ai-kun will be in it too. He'll be like the crime-sniffing dog.

Ninjin Loves You Yeah can be the theme song.

Pete

On that note:

I would like a Macross series with Macross-chan characters, dedicated to the hunt for Sheryl's newest panties. 12 episodes of mystery as Ranka, Alto, Sheryl, Nanase and Luca hunt for the missing panties. There will be all sorts of adventures along the way.

Oh - and of course Ai-kun will be in it too. He'll be like the crime-sniffing dog.

Ninjin Loves You Yeah can be the theme song.

Pete

How about Jim Henson's Macross Babies?

Building upon the slice-of-life idea I previously mentioned, I feel it's necessary to introduce some sort of villain into the show. It won't be a villain in the traditional sense (Zentradi, Char, etc.) but more like a misunderstood character.

She will only be known as "The Black Rose." Once a sweet cute looking girl from the Macross 7 colonization fleet and sole supporter of Fire Bomber, she became increasingly disillusioned from repeated failed attempts to give a bouquet to that commie-hippie-tree-hugger Basara. She joins UN Spacy and becomes a valkyrie pilot, but is dishonorably discharged by punching her CO, who happens to love Fire Bomber. She now roams the worlds of the NUNS domain promoting her reactionary anti-peace and anti-music views....

Hm. You're right about the villain... but let's leave flower girl alone.

I think that instead, the villain could be the panty-snatcher.

Hm.

Ok - on second thought.

It could be the flower girl. She snatches Sheryl's panties and tries to auction them off on ebay?

No.

Hm..

Hmmmm....

In any event the panties need to be in the story.

Pete

Hm. You're right about the villain... but let's leave flower girl alone.

I think that instead, the villain could be the panty-snatcher.

Hm.

Ok - on second thought.

It could be the flower girl. She snatches Sheryl's panties and tries to auction them off on ebay?

No.

Hm..

Hmmmm....

In any event the panties need to be in the story.

Pete

How bout some Zentradi panty snatching? Full size of course. That would give the story a whole other angle.

How bout some Zentradi panty snatching? Full size of course. That would give the story a whole other angle.

Said storyline could involve a master-thief who is tasked with stealing 100 Zentradi pantsu in 12 hours.

When the operations begins:

"You think we'll make it?"

"... I don't know, it's too early to tell."

... and I marvel at how quickly this thread has turned into a discussion on undergarments again :blink:

Macross: Space Station New Frontier

A story about the crews of the Space Station New Frontier. Each Episode will be a particular era.

1st Episode: 1995 Finished construction of New Frontier. Some background on the Rim Pac Alliance.

2nd Episode: 1999 New Frontier spots ASS-1 on collision course with Earth. The tradgedy and aftermath of the crash.

3rd Episode: New Frontier during the UN War.

4th Episode: 2009 Space Station New Frontier spots the Zentradi recon fleet. And the start of Space War 1.

5th Episode: 2010 New Frontier witnesses the near extinction of the human race. Expanded station has Mayan refugees. Mao Nome cameo.

6th Episode: 2012 New Frontier during the launch of the Megaroad-01 Fleet.

7th Episode: 2030 New Frontier during the Second Defensive Battle of Macross City and the launch of Macross 1.

8th Episode: 2038 New Frontier during the launch of Macross 7. Basara cameo.

9th episode: 2040 New Frontier during the events of Macross Plus and the discovery of the Vajra by the 117th Fleet.

10th episode: 2041 New Frontier during the launch of Macross Frontier.

11th episode: 2051 New Frontier during the events of Macross VF-X2. Involves Macross 13.

12th episode: 2059 New Frontier during the Vajra invasion. Kim Kabirov commanding the fleet.

13th episode: 2060 New Frontier decommisioned.

As long as the next triangle has two Basara fighting over a third Basara nothing can go wrong.

It does make sense, Basara only seems to be interested in himself :lol:

On a side note, where did the serious discussion go in this thread???

On a side note, where did the serious discussion go in this thread???

Is it a serious subject? Really, how many people can chime in saying "I want a side-story set during Space War I about the destroids, with an older cast that I can identify with" before it devolves into self-parody?

We had the EXACT same discussion after Zero, as well, so it's double-self-parody time.

At least VFTF1's panty fetish added some pizazz to the thread...

Is it a serious subject? Really, how many people can chime in saying "I want a side-story set during Space War I about the destroids, with an older cast that I can identify with" before it devolves into self-parody?

We had the EXACT same discussion after Zero, as well, so it's double-self-parody time.

Totally off topic

Gubaba: I can't help noticing your avatar and I feel like I really have to ask you a question..

What was Basara like in college??

Did he even go to college? Given the Encore special Basara's personal info is almost untraceble.

They only know where he lived as kid, his birthdate, and that he sang to that mountain. Other than that Chlore and Emilia wasn't the first Meltrandi Basara serenaded. Yes Basara sang to Veffidas but she didn't all go girly on him. Though he may be the inspiration for her taking music. Nobody can ever beat her in unarmed combat. Even one who is her suitor.

Basara background is a mystery it was as if he just popped up out of nowhere on the face of the Earth.

Totally off topic

Gubaba: I can't help noticing your avatar and I feel like I really have to ask you a question..

What was Basara like in college??

Everyone whose posts are in 5500~6500 range becomes his roommate, so I can't speak for everyone, but for me, it's been okay. He's usually out...he doesn't even come back to the room to sleep. All his stuff is here, but he never is.

That's the kind of roommate I like. ^_^

Macross: The Super Valks Super Show!!!

That picture is wonderful :) But it also gets me thinking that maybe the next Macross should be a compilation OVA with four 45 minute long "acts" - each taking up a seperate aspect of the Macross universe - so you'd have a more serious real robots type story, a super robots story, a panties story.... or some kind of combination...I dunno... I really don't want the "tensions" resolved - I like the various aspects to Macross and I like how they are all told in the realm of the same universe/continum.

As long as the next triangle has two Basara fighting over a third Basara nothing can go wrong.

But wouldn't that immediately make the two Basara's fighting over the third Basara imposters, since they demonstrate their inferiority to the real Basara by fighting over him rather than focusing on their own singing - thereby proving that there's only one true Basara (the one they're fighting over).

And then what you've really got is Gaycross.

I feel like I missed something important in life, what with my not being here for Zero and seeing Zero so late in the game - but it would have been really interesting to see the discussions that went on here when Zero was fresh and new and MF was a pipe dream that most people could not imagine being around the corner...

And thank you for acknowledging the panty fetish - but in all fairness, I will admit that PRIOR to watching Macross, I never had any panty fetishes, just like I never imagined myself potentially attracted to high school girls.

Thank you, Japanese anime, for showing me these two important factors that were missing in my life! :)

Macross: Space Station New Frontier

A story about the crews of the Space Station New Frontier. Each Episode will be a particular era.

1st Episode: 1995 Finished construction of New Frontier. Some background on the Rim Pac Alliance.

2nd Episode: 1999 New Frontier spots ASS-1 on collision course with Earth. The tradgedy and aftermath of the crash.

3rd Episode: New Frontier during the UN War.

4th Episode: 2009 Space Station New Frontier spots the Zentradi recon fleet. And the start of Space War 1.

5th Episode: 2010 New Frontier witnesses the near extinction of the human race. Expanded station has Mayan refugees. Mao Nome cameo.

6th Episode: 2012 New Frontier during the launch of the Megaroad-01 Fleet.

7th Episode: 2030 New Frontier during the Second Defensive Battle of Macross City and the launch of Macross 1.

8th Episode: 2038 New Frontier during the launch of Macross 7. Basara cameo.

9th episode: 2040 New Frontier during the events of Macross Plus and the discovery of the Vajra by the 117th Fleet.

10th episode: 2041 New Frontier during the launch of Macross Frontier.

11th episode: 2051 New Frontier during the events of Macross VF-X2. Involves Macross 13.

12th episode: 2059 New Frontier during the Vajra invasion. Kim Kabirov commanding the fleet.

13th episode: 2060 New Frontier decommisioned.

So - where are the panties?

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

But wouldn't that immediately make the two Basara's fighting over the third Basara imposters, since they demonstrate their inferiority to the real Basara by fighting over him rather than focusing on their own singing - thereby proving that there's only one true Basara (the one they're fighting over).

You got it, but one correction though; the other 2 imposters would be fighting by singing, of course.

And then what you've really got is Gaycross.

... But the OST would be awesome.