Ninja Assassin

Ladic

I can't wait to see this, I love me some cheesy kung fu action and am glad to see a new one making the rounds in american theatres. I guess it sucks to be so stilted that you can't sit back and enjoy a silly flick every once in a while.

yes yes, that's what it is, I'm just soooo stilted. I'll have you know sir, that not only do I not own a pair of stilts I have never even, in fact, been on a pair of stilts due to my horrible consuming fear of clowns.

Edited by eugimon

yes yes, that's what it is, I'm just soooo stilted. I'll have you know sir, that not only do I not own a pair of stilts I have never even, in fact, been on a pair of stilts due to my horrible consuming fear of clowns.

ROFL, I gather by the snarkgasm you got my point though..... Freaking out about how a ninja movie is going to be over-the-top, or cliche'd or suck? Seriously? This type of movie isn't meant to be in contention for the best dramatic picture of the year or anything. This kind of movie is about the "holy crap, did you see that, he cut off 6 people's head's with a ninja star! lol, cheer, lol some more "

The sensei/voice over guy sounds almost like the Robo Geisha trailer guy. If the movie was narrated in third person by the latter, this movie would be the best in the world.

"Ninja is bu-tafull"

"Ninja is asss-asinn"

ROFL, I gather by the snarkgasm you got my point though..... Freaking out about how a ninja movie is going to be over-the-top, or cliche'd or suck? Seriously? This type of movie isn't meant to be in contention for the best dramatic picture of the year or anything. This kind of movie is about the "holy crap, did you see that, he cut off 6 people's head's with a ninja star! lol, cheer, lol some more "

It looks perfectly fine for what it is, I'm just not a fan of the sub-genre.

Speaking of the 80's, "Ninja Assassin" has to be the worst title for a movie since the 1980's martial arts movie fad (lol and i thought you couldnt do worst than calling a move "Next" or "War").

It'll probably be a terrible movie, the Wachoski Bros last several movies have kinda suck the big one. Actually, I believe the only really good movie they ever made was the first Matrix movie. The latter 2 matrix movies where decent, but not particularly amazing. Speed Racer was over the top even for the source material. And V for Vendetta basically butchered the original comic into a preachy anti-Bush propoganda film (Not defending Bush, but modern American politics don't have a place in an adaptation of a 80's British comic)

As mentioned, the title is a bit redundant, but have you considered that maybe it's just the first in a series on Ninja themed "career" movies.

Perhaps, sequels will include titles such as 'Ninja Baker', 'Ninja Accountant', 'Ninja Fast Food Worker' etc. :p

Graham

As mentioned, the title is a bit redundant, but have you considered that maybe it's just the first in a series on Ninja themed "career" movies.

Perhaps, sequels will include titles such as 'Ninja Baker', 'Ninja Accountant', 'Ninja Fast Food Worker' etc. :p

Graham

I guess they had to throw in something at the end of the title. Otherwise the movie would just be called Ninja and that would never do.

Maybe they are differentiating between types of assassins. One might ask, "what kind of assassin was he?" Then the reply would be "ninja assassin." A ninja assassin as opposed to a sniper or some other type perhaps. I don't know, I'm just guessing here. :unsure:

American Ninja was the Ninja series that killed Ninja movies in the 80's.

I'm a huge Sho Kosugi fan so I'll see it even though I hate these kinds of cg action fighting movies. At least the head Ninja lord is actually Japanese.

as I kid I used to like that ninja movie with Franco Nero

• 4 months later...