Macross Frontier vf-25 1/100 scale sale@ HLJ

Talonvar

The design of these valks are actually not too bad, the only issue I have is the qc. You would think that BanDai being such a big company would at leat bring out half way decent items but out of all the new Macross F items, this is perhaps one of the worst.

Honestly, if you can afford the bigger DX valk, go for it and stay away from this. The paint job is horrible and the soft vinyl like plastic seems to deteriorate the moment you get it out of the box and start to play with it!

The design of these valks are actually not too bad, the only issue I have is the qc. You would think that BanDai being such a big company would at leat bring out half way decent items but out of all the new Macross F items, this is perhaps one of the worst.

Honestly, if you can afford the bigger DX valk, go for it and stay away from this. The paint job is horrible and the soft vinyl like plastic seems to deteriorate the moment you get it out of the box and start to play with it!

The 25F paint job is bad; but I have no complaints on the 25S or the 25G.

In terms of QC, I very much agree that as a market leader Bandai should have done much better -- but this complaint extends to the DX as well. DX is a floppy, inconsistent-colored, expensive piece of toy too.

Never own a VF100 toy.

I am considering to get the 25s armor (once it come out)..... However, if VF100s is that bad, I might have to think again.

Problem is 1/60DX is expensive and I am worry about the QC too. The ROBOT é­‚ is so small, even smaller than 1/100! That is just too small for my taste, 1/72 modle-kit looks the best and reasonable cost, but i am not good modeller and also just too lazy to build one. (still have a VF25f model kit waiting for me to build since Feb!) :unsure:

Damn it, why it is so hard to find a good Macross F toy? :mellow:

Never own a VF100 toy.

I am considering to get the 25s armor (once it come out)..... However, if VF100s is that bad, I might have to think again.

Problem is 1/60DX is expensive and I am worry about the QC too. The ROBOT é­‚ is so small, even smaller than 1/100! That is just too small for my taste, 1/72 modle-kit looks the best and reasonable cost, but i am not good modeller and also just too lazy to build one. (still have a VF25f model kit waiting for me to build since Feb!) :unsure:

Damn it, why it is so hard to find a good Macross F toy? :mellow:

IMHO, if you are looking for a VF-25 with a decent size and good look, the model kit is the right way to go, although it is not perfect.

I am no modeller too but it looks no worse than the DX or the VF100 already even if plain-building. All you need is some time and patience...

IMHO, if you are looking for a VF-25 with a decent size and good look, the model kit is the right way to go, although it is not perfect.

I am no modeller too but it looks no worse than the DX or the VF100 already even if plain-building. All you need is some time and patience...

I second that. The 1/72 Bandai model kit is the best value for money Macross F Valk. And even if you're not a good modeller, you can just snap fit the parts together without painting, and it still looks good, since it's already molded in the correct color plastic. At least it looks better than badly painted 1/100 or 1/60 scale MF stuff. <_<

Edited by blacklotus

Thx guys. I know that 1/72 modelkit has the best looking and value for money.

Apart from modelling skills and time, I am worrying the transformation and decal/sticker will not last...

That is why we are in the 'toy' forum! :lol:

About transforming... Hmm...

I've read from MW that people transform their DX alot and things are fine. I only transform it once or twice and the leg joints are already loosening. (for both Michael and Luca valks) I transformed only once for Alto (still in its battroid mode now), so it looks okay thus far. But I've heard about paint chipping off too here?

I used decal for my model kits, and my bad handling messes up the decals a lot of times. I never transformed my models after the 2nd one. But I believe if you use stickers it would be fine.

In terms of carefree-ness, it's the VF100. But it's a part-former, after all. And it's so cheap so you don't really care.

Edited by ff95gj

yea the paint seems to wear off relatively fast on the DX 25s for a toy. On the model kit, the bandai decals are paper thin and rub off after light handling, so you HAVE to clear coat it a few times. You can coat the joints too if you dont want them loosening up (coat them again to restore stiffness).

The current offer price seems far more realistic in compared to the quality and amount of toy your getting. Might just go for this offer now.