Bootleg DVD Cover Artwork and Mecha Graffiti

kazuo

I was perusing the Video section or whatever, where the various versions of Macross on VHS/DVD/VCD are posted... I noticed there aren't any of the HK sets posted despite the fact that some of them have beautiful box art (like some of the Macross box sets).

Also I noticed Mecha Graffiti isn't in the VHS section. I can scan the cover if need be. :p

I know there's probably too many versions of the bootlegs, but it'd be nice to see the various covers. I'd be more than willing to submit what I've found around.

Examples.

THIS is the one I love (and the way I'd like to see the animation designs for a new Macross series look :))

macrosstv.jpg

These are cooltoo but not as cool as the above.

61_1.JPG

e4_1.JPG

I was perusing the Video section or whatever, where the various versions of Macross on VHS/DVD/VCD are posted... I noticed there aren't any of the HK sets posted despite the fact that some of them have beautiful box art (like some of the Macross box sets).

yes, they have beautiful box art, but I think they are not there, because they are bootleg/pirated DVDs,

and Shawn doesn't want to advertise bootlegs as long as legal ones are available.

(or because the video section (too) hasn!t been updated in a while :p )

My HK set is the one of the last two pictures, thogh I absolutely love the cover f the first one. That is an awesome picture of Hikaru :). Anyways, the inside of the gatefolds picture, which you can't see much because the discs are covering it, is a big image that spans the whole thing of some incredibly well drawn Valkeries (I beleive one is Skull Leader).

yes, they have beautiful box art, but I think they are not there, because they are bootleg/pirated DVDs,

and Shawn doesn't want to advertise bootlegs as long as legal ones are available.

(or because the video section (too) hasn!t been updated in a while :p )

Ya, well, a boot is a boot is a boot, regardless of whether or not there are legitimate alternatives.

Besides, he's not adverstiing where to get them, merely cataloging them because they have wonderful box art (which they do -- better than the AnimEigo release by far).

I'd love to have a poster of the first boxset cover that I posted.. wow.

Great frakkin' artwork.

I've also seen different Macross 7 sets than the ones on the video section... they have good boxart as well.

And just because I'm so biased for R2 cover art.... (I know they're small but they dont have fullsize images)

Macross DVD artwork... HAL! Gasp.

B00005RUS5.09.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

Even the M7 covers make the show look good... :/

B00005LCG9.09.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00005L81X.09.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

I swear, I must've gotten a different bootleg then everyone else because on my set, the only one who's name is wrong is Kakazaki. Everyone else has correct names (except towards the end they get real sloppy) with the occasionaly wierd spelling. The set accomplished what I hoped for, as in the subtitles were doen well enough where I didn't have to think about each line.

I swear, I must've gotten a different bootleg then everyone else because on my set, the only one who's name is wrong is Kakazaki. Everyone else has correct names (except towards the end they get real sloppy) with the occasionaly wierd spelling. The set accomplished what I hoped for, as in the subtitles were doen well enough where I didn't have to think about each line.

Why, how did they spell it? Because his name is spelt "Kakizaki" -- which means that it might be you who is spelling it wrong, man...

It was an original HK name. I don't even remember what it was(some wierd Chinese name).