Flexi-Stand Poses

MacrossMan

Yes, more pics pls.

Anyway using, photoshop isn't cheating. Sometimes you have to use it to fix the contrast/brightness etc ^_^

One last things, this valkyrie is some custom painted kit or have it been released by Hasegawa/Yamato?

It's an official Yamato release for Macross's 25th Anniversary. It's painted in black with gold trims. Comes in either the 1/48 VF1S or 1/60 YF-19. But Vegas made it look 100x better than Yamato's official photos. ^_^

Yamato should hire Vegas to be its official marketing photographer.

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00065

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00066

Edited by blacklotus

[Emperor Palpatine style]: Now witness the true power of the flexi with this fully-armed and fully-loaded 1/48 Valk!

gallery_194_179527.jpg

Another shot of a flexi holding a slightly-beyond vertical pose (this time with the -19).

gallery_3595_265_85607.jpg

Also, thanks for the compliments and for even considering posting one of my pics, m0n5t3r. ^_^

But I've always consider these poses to be my favorite go-to shot for showing off how awesome the flexi's can be:

gallery_3595_265_193083.jpg

For me, I usually use a flexi with one rod of each length (i.e., one 2-inch prong, one 4-inch prong, and one 6-inch prong) for my poses.

Wow! You actually made the stale Q-Rau look dynamic. ^_^

Ok. That does it. Time for me to go grab some of these flexistands as well. :lol:

nice. about time you started posting pictures again! :p

_DSC6067.jpg

well, it's too damn hard to keep up with your quality shots... :p

plus it's not as exciting as taking pics of new stuff (damn! i want my Armored Ozma and VT-1, NOW!!!) :D

EDIT - transferred pic to this post (don't like a pic thread page w/out pics ^_^ )

gallery_8437_264_27645.jpg

Edited by m0n5t3r

well, it's too damn hard to keep up with your quality shots... :p

plus it's not as exciting as taking pics of new stuff (damn! i want my Armored Ozma and VT-1, NOW!!!) :D

EDIT - transferred pic to this post (don't like a pic thread page w/out pics ^_^ )

gallery_8437_264_27645.jpg

hah,

That's a great pose and nice use of the stand!

I broke down and ordered the armored ozma too... the armor hides most everything I didn't like about the sculpt. lol.

but for now I'm really enjoying the beagle ride armor

_DSC6069.jpg

Edited by eugimon

Great shots everyone! I love these flexi-stands. I need to get some of those new ones though. The older models I have are giving out here and there. Here are a couple pics of the Minmay Rescue from SDFM. You have to "imagine" that Minmay is in the grasps of the 1D for the first since I do not have a hand that will grasp her besides the "chicken" hands and that would take away from the pose. Also with the second pic...but at lease I have Minmay in the shot. I need a different backdrop.

MinmayRescue1.jpg

MinmayRescue2.jpg

Thanks I will. I was using the Auto White Balance setting. Not good enough I see.

yeah, "auto" is really only good for sunlight and the natural variations between morning to afternoon or dusk depending on your light and how good the camera is.

For artificial lighting, you really need to set it manually or pick the right preset.

Here I'm trying a light blue background. I don't really like it. So I will try a black background I have next. I think it will help the valk stand out more. I also could use some better lighting. I will have to see what I can do about that. Well, these pics are for the flexi anyways. I am trying to get some cool poses. But I think ruskiiVFaussi has me beat for sure.

2009-07-29-01.jpg

2009-07-29-02.jpg

THANKS!

Oh SNAP ruskii. Look's like you got yourself some competition :p

Comon MM, it looks like it is touching the glass. I'm going to have to deduct 5 points. ;)

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...30617&st=20 it's been done already :p cept this time he's gone Ghost on us lol

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I came up with different ideas to show you guys. What I did was that I removed those rubber tops then I drilled a hole

to insert an aluminum shaft. I drilled a same hole to each figures then I placed on the base. I can use same methods to

display my Gundam kits instead of using their display stand kits.

post-6518-1249076364_thumb.jpg

post-6518-1249076415_thumb.jpg

I came up with different ideas to show you guys. What I did was that I removed those rubber tops then I drilled a hole

to insert an aluminum shaft. I drilled a same hole to each figures then I placed on the base. I can use same methods to

display my Gundam kits instead of using their display stand kits.

:ph34r: looks scary... but cool that you'd do that.

actually , w/ a little patience and some balancing the rubber tops are okay for displaying ~1/144 sized figures... http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&p=772337

Edited by m0n5t3r

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...30617&st=20 it's been done already :p cept this time he's gone Ghost on us lol

Ha! Yep, this attempt was paying homage to ruskii's original post which gave me the idea to see about starting a Flexi-Stand only thread since some of the most wicked poses can be pulled off with them. I have 7 new stands and I have yet to be able to play with them yet.

:p man the Ghost 0S looks awesome!

alright, just a quick few before get sum z's

I'll crop it up better next time, that's the least i can do to try an keep up with the quality of paparazi you guys are putting out. I'll do it for... Omega Pants!

I'll call this set.... "Max In Flight"... lol Millia has no chance.

gallery_3118_346_17880.jpg

gallery_3118_346_12964.jpg

gallery_3118_346_48413.jpg

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I'll crop it up better next time, that's the least i can do to try an keep up with the quality of paparazi you guys are putting out. I'll do it for... Omega Pants!

The man has MAD SKILLZZZZZ!

gallery_3118_346_48413.jpg

Bowing down to the master! Does anyone even dare to challenge this mad man with the Flexi-Stand??? ruskii...you OWN this thread man. Pure awesomeness there bro! :blink:

Freaking amazing man! we walk in the garden of your turbulence!