Official Yamato 1/60 Scale GBP

ff95gj

Hope the missiles and hip grenades are non-removeable on this one. The removeable ones on the 1/48 were a pain in the ass on the 1/48 IMO.

Graham

That's an excellent point that I almost forgot about. I don't have the armour on my 1/48 but when I did those things just kept popping off. It was so frustrating I almost glued the damn things together and on.

why does collector value matter anyway?

are you keeping the 1/48 in hopes of getting some huge profit in the future?

no right...?

Nope, definately not because i got rid of most of the 1/48 boxes.

Its like I can claim to be the only one with a VF-1A 1/48 Max in the future just like how some ppl can claim to have a very rare takatoku elintseeker.

Bragging rights basically. LOL.

:lol: I love it when toy companies post a silhouette with a question mark of something that's extremely obvious. What could it be?!

Can't wait to throw this suit on my 1A TV Max.

Heh. Yeah, I thought the same. wwwwoooowww! Question mark over a dark silhouette!! What might this be!? Batman!?

Hope the missiles and hip grenades are non-removeable on this one. The removeable ones on the 1/48 were a pain in the ass on the 1/48 IMO.

Graham

I kind of agree - but on the other hand, I always had fun with my 1J removing the hip grenades and chucking them at enemies by hand! :)

Pete

Yeah keep it removeable. Then we can display it without missiles (and grenades) defending against the quel-quallie!

Use BlueTak to stick the things on if they keep falling off. :p I'm sure Yamat can think of a better way to keep it on.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I'm now at the fence of selling ALL my 1/48 to fund my 1/60s and make space for them. But someone suggested to me that the 1/48 has collector value. Thoughts?

I was in the same boat before buying my first V2. But after my first V2, no regrets at all.

If you want value, buy Euro's, Land or gold. :) Or a Ferrari. :p

I kind of agree - but on the other hand, I always had fun with my 1J removing the hip grenades and chucking them at enemies by hand! :)

Loved this one. Mind you, the other day when testing my new VF-1S hiki, I took it for swoosh around the apartment by chasing my cat. She was not amused as Meltrandi cats have no humour. :p

Oh man that silhouette is looking devine! :ph34r: I'm hoping they sell this as a bundle as well since I already have the stand alone Hikaru VF-1J.

I have to agree with what some have said in regards to collector value of the 1/48's. I have several, but when I think about collector value I think along the lines of hopefully having bragging rights of owning awesome and rare Valks one day. Regardless of their "dollar" value my attitude will always be "well that's cool", but I aint selling because I enjoy them so much.

damn, guessed wrong again... so where's the add-on only GBP armor Yamato? plus the non-canon ones...

i don't need another white 1J... DYRL? or TV, still looks like just another white 1J... :mellow:

I am confused too...

It says Hikaru's 1J, so it's supposed to be the TV version (he didn't pilot one in the movie). But as Omegablue pointed out, the visor is gray for this one... Which is not the TV version.

EDIT:

Just checked M3... The TV version has gray visor too:

vf-1j-battroid_small.gifvf-1j-gbp_small.gif

EDIT2:

I looked at a lineart in Macross Chronicle, and the TV plain 1J does not have gray visor. Now this is what I mean by confused.

Edited by ff95gj

I am confused too...

It says Hikaru's 1J, so it's supposed to be the TV version (he didn't pilot one in the movie). But as Omegablue pointed out, the visor is gray for this one... Which is not the TV version.

EDIT:

Just checked M3... The TV version has gray visor too:

EDIT2:

I looked at a lineart in Macross Chronicle, and the TV plain 1J does not have gray visor. Now this is what I mean by confused.

Well in the episode it appears in, the damn visor changes colour numerous times in a few seconds. Though afterwards remains white... then blue... then grey... then white again. It's as if the animation studio got a new colourist for every frame... or was drinking. :p

Though every other episode, the TV 1J does have the white visor? LOL

1/60 will give a better proportion, but 1/48 always give you a bigger size. And the size make it bulkier and a feel of more heavily armored.

Eyes of beholders again. As I always say, 1/48 and 1/60 toys are different things.

Having my VF1J 1/48 GBP constantly on display on my desk, I have to disagree.

There is no deny that 1/48 is a great toy back then, but with the evolving technology that Yamato gains over the previous toys, you can see the improvement expected in V2.

With the capability to fold the fins on the legs, now I can see the leg armors are way much slimmer on V2 and more anime accurate.

There is no deny that 1/48 is a great toy back then, but with the evolving technology that Yamato gains over the previous toys, you can see the improvement expected in V2.

With the capability to fold the fins on the legs, now I can see the leg armors are way much slimmer on V2 and more anime accurate.

Overally the 1/60 GBP would fit much better, that the head would not look as small as the 1/48 counterpart too.

I am just waiting for pricing information.

It looks less chunky than the 1/48 version; like an armored valk that went on a diet. But the price will be close to 7,000 to 9,000 Yen since the 1/48 goes for around 12,000 Yen.

Either way, I might pick one up.

I must say Yamato did a great job with the 1/60 ver 1.0 and 1/48 GBP-1S armour; but no doubt the new 1/60 ver 2.0 will be far superior than all the previous releases.

With all the learnt experiences and the better proportioned valk, not to mention I am almost certain the armour design was taken into account when the valk was developed, this new GBP-1S should rock the world!