Official Yamato 1/60 Scale GBP

ff95gj

I guess that makes some sense.

So riddle me this: if Yamato is so committed to delivering customizable options, where are my optional pilots?

Let's not try to get away from the fact that is all about money.

It makes perfect sense to apply sticker of the designated number on those spots if you decide to put it on other valkyries, if the numbers are pre-tampo over the armors pieces then there is no way you can customize without rubbing them off in the first place. If they provide different series number, then it should leave blank in the first place.

As of the absense of extra pilot, you don't need an optional pilot to maneuver the GBP-1S armor, it's an add on armor piece to the valkyrie.

It makes perfect sense to apply sticker of the designated number on those spots if you decide to put it on other valkyries, if the numbers are pre-tampo over the armors pieces then there is no way you can customize without rubbing them off in the first place. If they provide different series number, then it should leave blank in the first place.

As of the absense of extra pilot, you don't need an optional pilot to maneuver the GBP-1S armor, it's an add on armor piece to the valkyrie.

Agree.

I think I'm actually going to dub this the first V2.2 release. What do you guys think:

V2.0: Rainbow canopy, original crotch/hip connection

V2.1: Rainbow canopy, Updated crotch/hip connection

V2.2: Clear canopy, updated crotch/hip connection

Is that too nitpicky?

Well, I kind of feel better about it since there's actually a reason behind it, instead of it being one of Yamato's QC/production snafus.

The lack of tampo's really doesn't help all that much, personally speaking. I'm kind of a stickler for accuracy, and since no other VF has ever worn the GBP-1 in the TV series (as far as I know), I don't plan on putting the armor on any other Valk besides Hikaru's VF-1J.

At least it's easier to cut out the clear parts around that giant "1" and paste it onto the chest than most of the smaller stickers.

BTW, it sucks that Yamato didn't provide the launching missiles gimmick for the GBP-1 set. Web-exclusive, indeed. <_<

Edited by GU-11

Well, I kind of feel better about it since there's actually a reason behind it, instead of it being one of Yamato's QC/production snafus.

The lack of tampo's really doesn't help all that much, personally speaking. I'm kind of a stickler for accuracy, and since no other VF has ever worn the GBP-1 in the TV series (as far as I know), I don't plan on putting the armor on any other Valk besides Hikaru's VF-1J.

Then the albino kit or unpainted VF-1S makes no sense to you from their release since it never appeared in the series or movie?

I think it makes perfect sense to leave out the tail number so that you can apply your desired number, I know it won't please everyone if Yamato tampo print the number but that's the best solution.

Then the albino kit or unpainted VF-1S makes no sense to you from their release since it never appeared in the series or movie?

I think it makes perfect sense to leave out the tail number so that you can apply your desired number, I know it won't please everyone if Yamato tampo print the number but that's the best solution.

I didn't say it was a bad idea, I just said the lack of tampos don't do ME much good personally speaking since I don't plan on putting the armor on any other Valk.

Just for the record, I agree that leaving the tampos off is the best of all possible solutions. To those who like to create a squadron of armored Valks, it's a great idea. But for me, the lack of tampos means applying stickers that could potentially peel and/or yellow as time passes. The need to clear coat the armor to seal in the stickers is another thing I don't look forward to.

In short, I agree with what you said; leaving the numbers off makes the armor parts more versatile for collectors who want to customize their armor. I never disputed that from the beginning. It's just that for me personally, the lack of tampos works against me.

Yup! The GBP armor can be customized for any valk. :D

post-7534-127726889987_thumb.jpeg

At least it's easier to cut out the clear parts around that giant "1" and paste it onto the chest than most of the smaller stickers.

BTW, it sucks that Yamato didn't provide the launching missiles gimmick for the GBP-1 set. Web-exclusive, indeed. <_<

oh don't forget the one on the Macross's arm just before they launched all their Nukes at Bodoza in that episode of Love Drifts Away. It was a dark blue VF-1A

Protect the Sizing Chamber!

post-8486-1266964325_thumb.jpg

My ID really needs the gray side and neck covers, will have to get a set from EXO.

And speaking of the 1D - I almost broke it changing to Battroid. The upper leg piece paint fused to the body and would not separate . . . see pic.

But enough of that! The GBP is OUTSTANDING. OOzes high quality. Love the little shin reflectors. So much fun to put on. If you're a Macross fan and are on the fence about this - get it.

post-8486-1266964470_thumb.jpg

How did you get the peg to unstick? I think I'm having this same problem w/ my newly-arrived VF-1D.

oh don't forget the one on the Macross's arm just before they launched all their Nukes at Bodoza in that episode of Love Drifts Away. It was a dark blue VF-1A

Oh yeah, that too! B))

How did you get the peg to unstick? I think I'm having this same problem w/ my newly-arrived VF-1D.

Gosh, this IS growing into an epidemic. If yours in on the right leg too, then this broken peg problem is getting too specific to be a mere coincidence or some isolated QC issue.

Edited by GU-11

• 2 weeks later...

could someone post pics of the gbp on the different vf 1s???

I don't have pics but I tried using different VFs. Thing is the GBP comes with special large shoulders. Those are white if the VF-1 doesn't have white shoulders it will look odd.

Easily solve by getting one of the new TV Roy 1S

Actually the albino VF-1S is a much better candidate to wear the armor suit since the body is basically covered up.

1. Cheaper compare to regular valkyries

2. White in color

I've always been against the whole faux shoulder for the GBPs starting off with the v.1 1/60s. I was really disappointed with the 1/48s because it seemed like they unnecessarily made the GBP way too bulky for the valk. Then they do it again for the new 1/60s... it really don't need it. Just design the shoulder missiles for the existing valk. Fulcy's vaporware VF-AG project didn't need a faux shoulder, the 1/48 Thunder Hammer didn't need it, and the new 1/60 TH doesn't either.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been on the fence with this 1/60 v2's. I have the YF-21 in this scale...but I love my 1/48's.

This new GBP really makes it tempting to pick a few of the 1/60 VF-1's up...

I don't know what you love about the 1/48, if size matter to you then stick with it.

If you are looking for a better articulation toy with improved fitment and sculpt in the complete line, V2 is always the answer.

Meh, he's probably just one of those morons who likes toys with functional shoulders.

:ph34r:

I actually still hear a lot of good things from 1/48 fans about that line. People like the air brake, wing flaps, longer nose in fighter, heft/size, etc. It all depends on what appeals to you... the 1/60 V2 is a great toy but it's certainly not SO great as to leave no room for others to prefer the 1/48s. The 1/60V2 GBP sure is nice, the only gimmick I don't like is the whole folding leg fins... it seems unnecessary and one more thing that could break. In the show the leg fins retract into the leg a little bit, if Yamato was going to insist on doing something with them I would have preferred they go that route (although I'm sure that would have been more troublesome). Otherwise, leaving them solid and making the leg armors a bit thicker in that area would have been fine by me.

Edited by jenius

Version 2 1/48 is the only solution to his problem.

1/60 still doesn't have the head opening up so that the pilot can exit the vakyrie in battroid mode from the hatch in the neck like what hikaru is seen doing in his vf-1d.

Put all your energy into this one gimmick yamato. With a bigger size to put more gimmicks into the toy, you can milk the vf-1 more. Bandai has the mac F license so use your time wisely.

With all the hype about 1/60 being allowed to detach the fuselage from the valk so that you can store it under the arm of the vf-1s to recreate the rescue scene, I think this gimmick on a 1/48 would be even more cool.Oh and make the hands even more articulated than what we've seen, plus integrate the side covers into the valk itself.

Another thing they could do is have every single plate or cover on the valk removable so we can see the guts on the inside. Start out with a skeleton and have the frame clip onto the skeleton and the armor sits on top of the frame. (similar to what they've done with gunpod on vf-11)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker