Official Yamato 1/60 Scale GBP

ff95gj

Without discouraging any potential buyers of the set but I noticed the left shoulder armor doesn't lock properly into place. And yes, I finally got the breast armor to lock in.

How did you get the breast armor to lock in? My chest armor just sorta sits there. :unsure:

No problems with the sholders tho.

The chest armor does not fit onto certain VF-1 series. For example, VF-1D has a taller chest plate which cannot accept the chest armor without some rework to the armor piece.

I think this only applies to the 1/48.

The new 1/60 version's attachment points for the chest armor are differernt and the Vf-1D should be able to put them on with no problems... at least that is what i understand

My GBP is currently attached to an 'unpainted' VF-1S. The chest should be the same as a VF-1J as it's not a 2 seater or anything... :unsure:

It sits there just fine, but it doesnt snap/lock into place. It is the 'missile launch effect' set. With the smoky missiles still in their box.

The chest armor does not fit onto certain VF-1 series. For example, VF-1D has a taller chest plate which cannot accept the chest armor without some rework to the armor piece.

It works for VF-1D, some member already done that. See posting earlier in this thread.

I think this only applies to the 1/48.

The new 1/60 version's attachment points for the chest armor are differernt and the Vf-1D should be able to put them on with no problems... at least that is what i understand

yup, but I doubt vt-1 or ve-t will accept the chest armor due to its oversized bubbled up chest plate. I will try that tonite.

Protect the Sizing Chamber!

post-8486-1266964325_thumb.jpg

My ID really needs the gray side and neck covers, will have to get a set from EXO.

And speaking of the 1D - I almost broke it changing to Battroid. The upper leg piece paint fused to the body and would not separate . . . see pic.

But enough of that! The GBP is OUTSTANDING. OOzes high quality. Love the little shin reflectors. So much fun to put on. If you're a Macross fan and are on the fence about this - get it.

post-8486-1266964470_thumb.jpg

LOL :lol: , ron5864 was the one who posted those pics of his "modified" GBP for his 1D! :p

Yup, that's how that problem was discovered. ;)

haha.... my bad.

I tried yesterday, you can place the chest armor on 1D but it won't lock in place due to different buble curve on 2 seaters, but you still can do that if you do some filing on the inner part of the armor.

Forget about vt-1 and ve-1, the armor don't even sit on these.

Was there too much saki going around during the animation of this episode?

First - he's all white from above (maybe glare? not) - and as he's walking the red stripe goes from his head to his shoulder and back . . .

post-8486-1267109026_thumb.jpg

Wonder what the engines will look like after this thing goes back to fighter mode?

post-8486-1267109038_thumb.jpg

HEY THOUGH - I see all my pics are small thumbnails, but many post here with the image filling the page so surfers do not have to click and open the photo -- how is this done? Anyone?

HEY THOUGH - I see all my pics are small thumbnails, but many post here with the image filling the page so surfers do not have to click and open the photo -- how is this done? Anyone?

When you upload a pic as an attachment when you post, it shows up as small thumbnail. You have to link the pictures from an image hosting website (I use flickr). This means you have to upload the pics on another webpage and link them in your post.

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

Oh - I probably won't do that. Does it take a long time to click and open one of my pics from thumbnail?

I size them down to 300 to 800 pixels wide but it may still be a problem for some . . .

YES - alot of people dont even bother to click when they see athumbnail, no matter if it takes a long time or not.

Gosh why dont u just learn to upload to an image hosting website as Ignacio suggested?

Edited by honkhet

DarrinG, to link the pic from flickr you have to open the pic on your account and copy and paste the url from the second option (the one you posted as attachment: "2. Grab the photo's url:") between this code:

4387471079_7308a38fe7_o.jpg

You can preview your post to see if it shows the image, which means you're doing it right B))

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

has there been a release of just the armored parts separately without the vf-1j or are there plans for it to be sold that way?

Yes, it's a Yamato website exclusive and it comes with "missile firing effect".

Is there a commonly available stand alone GBP product? No.

If there are plans for a commonly available stand alone GBP product that isn't some sort of exclusive Yamato has not made them public.

So this is out....

GBP-1S Armor Parts for VF-1 Valkyrie (2nd ver.) (1/2010)

YAMATO ONLINE –- ???? copies –- Separate release of GBP-1S armor parts v2 only including missle-effect parts. Exclusive release sold through the Yamato Online Web Shop beginning September 1, 2009.

Any ideas where I can buy it? Will there ever be a Weathering version?

(I really want the firing/smoke cloud missile parts)

Edited by xTIMMYxCOREx

I wouldn't mind spending the extra cash and getting the bundled set with another 1J, does anybody know--- if we wait long enough, will the next batch or two be free of the "shoulder pin' problem? :blink:

One guy claimed to get a set with good pins. I forget what thread it was in. But then again, I'm not sure if he pulled them out to fully check. Would be nice. Still waiting for my pre-order to arrive myself.

One guy claimed to get a set with good pins. I forget what thread it was in. But then again, I'm not sure if he pulled them out to fully check. Would be nice. Still waiting for my pre-order to arrive myself.

Cool. Let us know when you get yours what's up on the "pin" front.... :ph34r: