Official Yamato 1/60 Scale GBP

ff95gj

Haven't replied to anything in a while, so this is as good a place as any...

I used some of my tax return money and bought the GBP/VF-1J combo from Overdrive today. I honestly don't have an issue not using the gimpy-shouldered Hikaru 1J with the armor. I plan on using it on the Mass Production 1J instead. It may surprise some people that the parts of the armor that I'm most interested in has nothing to do with missiles, opening panels or replacable hands. It's the side covers and the neck cover that I'm looking forward to the most. Those parts just make the VF-1 look "beefier" (not to mention more anime-accurate) in Battroid mode. But I also have never owned a GBP armor system, so I'm sure I'll appreciate it more than I already do once I have it in hand...

I'm sure some patience will pay off for you in spades... Yamato has to eventually make this available in some other way.

I'm gonna wait......for sure. Either they can repackage with a Valk that doesn't have exploding shoulders, or sell it as a stand alone package like the 1:48 GBP.

thanks fenrir72 can you post more pics i think the vf 1s looks better with gbp that j

I'll post at least one pic in my upcoming review (should be posted at some point in the next 48 hours). Sadly, the super bleached white of the V2 GBP doesn't go all that great with the VF-1S and it's off white. Fortunately, since most of the VF-1S is covered it's not a huge deal... but the hands definitely look funny.

They should have made all their "white" the light gray of the first 1S.

Its more realistic, military -- well, wait, just plain better may be the most accurate way to say it.

The stark bright white does not say "war machine" in any way.

Not to mention this may have cut down on the chances of yellowing.

That'll probably be their next mold milk --- all V2s now released in light gray . . .

Being new to this figure genre(the Yamato version anyway), I'm quite surprised as to how nice V2 came out. Breakage issue aside with the curled pins, 1/60 ver. 1 looked malnourished.

But comparing the 1/48 GBP armor to 1/60, aside from the removable missiles and more "detailed" decal format, almost negligible. Just as awesome.

But, I noticed one thing, the chest part doesn't securely clamp to the Valkyries' chest. Is that like normal?

I don't care that the hands are bubbly... it's just that they're so bright white the only valk they go with is Hikaru... and they're even brighter and whiter than his VF-1J.

Jenius,

I wish you can review the darn thing on your site already... instead of all these little comments here and there!! ;)

(kidding kidding... )

Review is up on anymoon.com... come see pretty pics!

GBP-V2-Hikaru-9.jpg

Sadly I'm pulling 60 hour weeks right now at work so no time for a video review and I only had time to put together one of the three comparison pics I had planned.

Very nice review! You do video reviews, too?? Since when?

I've only done one video review so far, it's in my DX Macross Quarter Review and that was basically just a practice run to see if I understood how to use my little video recorder. I'm hoping to do more, especially when I get high dollar complex toys to review. I suspect my next video review will be the DX VF-27.

Ah... I know where you referenced this pose from! :) I've been hoping someone would do this for a long time!

untitled.jpg

yes that's it. I've seen that picture from one of my macross books or magazine but I can't recall which books. So I pose them from my poor memory. Do you have any idea where it came from?

I've been looking around from the gold book and the tv macross saga encyclopedia but I still can't find the picture? Is it from Super plastic model?

yes that's it. I've seen that picture from one of my macross books or magazine but I can't recall which books. So I pose them from my poor memory. Do you have any idea where it came from?

I've been looking around from the gold book and the tv macross saga encyclopedia but I still can't find the picture? Is it from Super plastic model?

I really can't remember which magazine it was, but I know I found it in the magazine section (one of the vintage magazines) here at MW.

The full image of the page is attached.... hopefully that helps.

post-701-1266552659_thumb.jpg

Edited by BlueMax

I really can't remember which magazine it was, but I know I found it in the magazine section (one of the vintage magazines) here at MW.

The full image of the page is attached.... hopefully that helps.

Thanks, it's Macross Super Plastic model Manual. I have to go back check out more. This is one of the best ancient macross modeling books with lots of cool dioramas.

macross_model.jpg

Without discouraging any potential buyers of the set but I noticed the left shoulder armor doesn't lock properly into place. And yes, I finally got the breast armor to lock in.

Edited by fenrir72