Official Yamato 1/60 Scale GBP

ff95gj

nice pics ff95... like the VF-1S...

here's a review w/ bigger pics (same box??? size, i mean.) - http://gamu-toys.info/goukin/yamato/60vf1ap/60vf1ap.html

Thanks for the link. Nice review and nice pictures, but I still like Hikaru in gray visor.... ^_^

I think same box art but shrinked to one try size.

Edited by Vi-RS

Thanks for the link. Nice review and nice pictures, but I still like Hikaru in gray visor.... ^_^

... and yellowing body? ^_^ j/k

I think same box art but shrinked to one try size.

diff box art... both 1Js in GBP... one w/ the itano missile thingys.

Edited by m0n5t3r

i was going to pre-order the smoke trails, but I realised Id never display it that way, so it'd be a waste I cant afford now anyway.

With you there. I finally got around to opening mine and was extremely fond of it (apart from the shoulders) but cannot see why I'd ever display it with the smoke trails. I love the idea but if I left it on shelf, I'd never leave it in that pose.

Great link! I'm shocked it comes in a real box at all. I thought it might come in a plain cardboard box with a sticker label or something. . .

The missiles effect parts come along with standalone Armors parts, but no valkyrie.

I thought they will have packed the missiles effect in a standalone ONE tray box to accomodate the future standalone armor release.

The missiles could have been packed in baggies and attached in the armor tray but they didn't and place in separate tray by using the same box with GBP-1S armored VF-1J.

I got mine in the Mail Today.

Looks good. I have it Battroid mode with armor. I won't be doing much before I have a spare pair set of shoulders on standby. First thing when took it out was to mind the Shoulders. It might just be me but the pin looked large and more exposed compared to my other V2. There was no cracks or stress marks but it looked clear just an ounce of pressure on the wrong spot might cause a break. I loosen the screws on the shoulder. Now it has some floppy upper arm movement but better that than a break

Okay, I've been skimming through this thread...

A few of questions:

1) If you buy the bundle version (that comes with the VF-1J), you mean to tell me that they packed in an old VF-1J with non-smooth pins that make the shoulders break?

2) What versions of the standalone VF-1J have the fixed pins? What versions do not?

3) With the bundled version, is the VF-1J in the box as the fighter mode? Or battroid?

I'm sure these answers are buried in this forum, but some quick answers to my three questions in this thread would be greatly appreciated.

Okay, I've been skimming through this thread...

A few of questions:

1) If you buy the bundle version (that comes with the VF-1J), you mean to tell me that they packed in an old VF-1J with non-smooth pins that make the shoulders break?

2) What versions of the standalone VF-1J have the fixed pins? What versions do not?

3) With the bundled version, is the VF-1J in the box as the fighter mode? Or battroid?

I'm sure these answers are buried in this forum, but some quick answers to my three questions in this thread would be greatly appreciated.

1. Yes, and the reason for doing that was that Yamato did not hear of any reports saying that the Hikaru 1Js had any ssuch issues after they were released, thus they assumed that things were going to be ok.

2. As far as Hikaru's VF-1J is concerned, none. The Max and Millia 1Js (released very recently) are suppossed to be fixed.

3. They are in fighter, like all the V2 VF-1s released so far. That means people have to actually transform the valk in order to put on the armor, and many people discovered at that point the ungly truth about the shoulders, with the G-man being the 1st, or one of the very 1st.

Edited by BlueMax

1. Yes, and the reason for doing that was that Yamato did not hear of any reports saying that the Hikaru 1Js had any ssuch issues after they were released, thus they assumed that things were going to be ok.

2. As far as Hikaru's VF-1J is concerned, none. The Max and Millia 1Js (released very recently) are suppossed to be fixed.

3. They are in fighter, like all the V2 VF-1s released so far. That means people have to actually transform the valk in order to put on the armor, and many people discovered at that point the ungly truth about the shoulders, with the G-man being the 1st, or one of the very 1st.

Cheers. Thanks a lot.

If I recall, I think the Version 1 1/60's were in battroid.

Ugh... anyways, guess I'm going to wait til they repack newer 1J's with the armor.

Cheers. Thanks a lot.

If I recall, I think the Version 1 1/60's were in battroid.

Ugh... anyways, guess I'm going to wait til they repack newer 1J's with the armor.

It doesn't makes sense on cost to change the tray in battroid mode for this particular release since all V2 were started in fighter mode. Unless they manage to squzze everything in one tray with the valkyrie itself in battroid mode.