Official Yamato 1/60 Scale GBP

ff95gj

Can we all send pics of our broken shoulders? If you present them with 100 different photos of 100 different broken valks...

Great idea!!!

Replacement shoulders should be available for people that actually experience this problem on their valks B))

A couple of suggestions if I may

1. Maybe the back part of this thread should be split off from the GBP discussion? Since the issue of knurled pins will most likely continue perhaps it can continue in it's own thread?

2. This one is for Graham. I understand that the bad pins in the VT-1 might have been an accident. But obviously the VF-1J packaged with the GBP was not. Can you please ask Yamato, the next time they knowingly re-release valks with bad pins, to maybe include a few good pins in the box? And maybe shake your finger at them for doing it in the first place while you're there <_<

Thanks!

If I can have a pic of the crack, that would be great. The more evidence I have to show to Yamato, the more chance that I might be able to get spares for everybody.

Graham

They still need more evidence? :mellow:

I've been asking for 4 shoulders from OD for months... 2x 1S are one-armed, and the 1A Hikaru is totally disabled...

Seriously---everybody, post pics. I say we flood Yamato with pics of broken shoulders. Doesn't matter if they're clear or not, just show your broken Yammies. (and we really need to split this into another thread) Maybe I'll start one just for pics of broken shoulders.

They still need more evidence? :mellow:

Yes, the more pics the better.

The last time I asked for pics last year, I got sent a grand total of 2 pics, which hardly goes a long way towards convincing Yamato that it is an epidemic.

Well, we still managed to get them to change to the smooth pins...........or so I thought!

Graham

I think we should send pics of every single VF-1 with broken shoulders. Not only do they need to know that it's a current problem, but ALSO that there are still MANY people who have been waiting for months and months for replacement parts for ones that broke long ago.

Again---I think numbers will count for more than clarity in this situation. Send cell phone pics if you have to. Just get pics of your broken valks so we can send them to Yamato--and that they can see pic after pic after pic after pic of broken valks. (the impression I get is that they still think this was a rare issue for the early ones, and that only like 5 broke) We need to convince them otherwise.

My VT-1 has knurled pins Damnit!!

Not sure where you want me to put this or if you are going to split this off into another shoulder thread but....

I just figured out you can check the hinge pins leaving the VF-1's in Fighter mode!

You can see them using a little torch (or other light source):

For the front pins: You can see them by looking up and in from between the intakes and the head,

For the back pins: You can see them if you get your angles right by looking in through the gap where the wings fold back.

The above method is pretty useless for getting a good pic but for me I was able to check all my valks for smooth or knurled pins without having to take them out of their display poses!

Just thought I'd share this tip to save you all some time.

Whoever had that idea of just including extra pins in every valk from now is excellent... don't feel like looking for the post but it seems like the best cheapest alternative. I know I won't mess with mine until I can find a suitable replacement for any of my valks with knurled tips.

Unfortunately Yamato sends the whole arm as a replacement which means that, most likely, in their parts chain the pins or shoulders might not exist as "salable" items. I thought when I ordered replacement shoulders for my Strike Roy they would have just sent the shoulder hinge but they sent the whole arm assembly.

The good news for me is that I have 2 arms for my Strike Roy sitting in little baggies for the day that those cracks become breaks. Now I just need Overdrive to get back to me on the VF-1A Hik I just bought....with cracked shoulders right out of the box (which I knew might happen).

I sure hope this isn't someone at the factory trying to save money by using up old stock. I can accept it on an older model like my VF-1A as I knew what I was getting into. If I find those pins on my VT-1, VE-1 or VF-1Ds I am going to be extremely pissed.

Edited by logos

I don't like this news. I have been very carefull to avoid the questionable Valks. I passed on many because of these issues. My name is down on a group buy for this toy because not only it is for the cool looking armor but a newer release of Hikaru's VF-1J. This is a total step backwards. I could have just bought an older cheaper VF-1J and wait for the Armor to be sold seperately I'll still honor my part of the group buy but knowledge that I'll be getting a defective expensive toy really sucks.

New pins won't help the many valks that have actually lost chunks of plastic, we need the whole hinge itself.

Unfortunately Yamato sends the whole arm as a replacement which means that most likely in their parts chain the pins or shoulders might not exist as "salable" items.

There's actually a really simple solution to this, with very little effort on Yamato's part. Since they already have the unassembled kit version in production, just overproduce the particular sprue that contains the shoulder hinges, and send that out with the pins. After all, there's no reason to waste good labor on assembling complete arms just to have them cannibalized for the shoulder hinge.

I'd like to see the parts breakdown of the kit version to see how practical this would be. If the shoulders are on the same sprue as the fuselage, wings, etc. Yamato might not like the lost plastic, but even if we get a sprue with the parts for two full arms, Yamato would still save money since they don't have to be assembled.

Only downside I see to this is that all the spares would be bright white, instead of color matched to the valk. Not a problem for the GPB sets, and maybe not so bad for DYRL valks, but they'll stick out like sore thumbs on VT-1s and VF-1Ds.

Edited by Chronocidal

There's actually a really simple solution to this, with very little effort on Yamato's part. Since they already have the unassembled kit version in production, just overproduce the particular sprue that contains the shoulder hinges, and send that out with the pins. After all, there's no reason to waste good labor on assembling complete arms just to have them cannibalized for the shoulder hinge.

I'd like to see the parts breakdown of the kit version to see how practical this would be. If the shoulders are on the same sprue as the fuselage, wings, etc. Yamato might not like the lost plastic, but even if we get a sprue with the parts for two full arms, Yamato would still save money since they don't have to be assembled.

Only downside I see to this is that all the spares would be bright white, instead of color matched to the valk. Not a problem for the GPB sets, and maybe not so bad for DYRL valks, but they'll stick out like sore thumbs on VT-1s and VF-1Ds.

I think it would all depend on how their part and inventory system works. In some cases it's just easier and/or cheaper to send the whole effected assembly you have in stock instead of doing new production runs and/or breaking up runs to part out fixes. Never-mind the extra overhead involved.

I can just imagine the kind of havoc the Kit Valk could cause to their parts and inventory system. I have to deal with crap like that once in a while and it can drive you batty. You create the frame work for assemblies, sub-assemblies, polybags and crates and then someone tells you naw we came up with this to sell and now you need to pack and assemble it this way while maitaining the old system. Oh and then you need new manuals and parts books on top of that cause most of your previous work can be worth zip, nada, zilch. :(

Edited by logos

Just got mine yesterday, and I must say that it is really nice!

Just a couple of things that I noted, other than the fact that the bundled 1J is old stock with a high possibility of its shoulders cracking:

- You can use the default hands rather than the fixed posed hands, just like that 1/48s, but similarly, it would have to carry the gunpod at an "limp" angle

- the GBP fixed posed hands are bigger than the normal TV hands bundled with the TV version valks, but thankfully not over-proportioned like the V1s. Those were really laughable.

- The GBP white parts be more bluish white than the 1J, the latter of which I though was a little on the on the "warm" side... ie.e very slightly yellow. I know some members have had their 1Js turn yellow, it could be possible the the process already visibly started even though it was in the box. I would have very much preferred ifthey used light grey plastic, like on the V1s.

All, excellent rendition of the GBP-1S. As good as the pictures show, at all angles. The only thing they need to do now is reallly to cure the shoulder-plague/ pandemic thats afflicting v2 valks world wide.