Official Yamato 1/60 Scale GBP

ff95gj

No idea, but it's worth checking out. Apparently not everyone got the same pins though. I wonder if an old stockpile of knurled pins got mixed in with the new ones, and no one noticed.

I'd check every valk you own just in case there's a bulk order of spare arms put together. I double checked all my Valks tonight, and my 1Js are all safe, as is the 1D. My Roy and Hikaru 1A both broke out of the box, and while my VT-1 isn't broken yet, it's probably only a matter of time.

Received a reply from Yamato.

According to them, the factory had been instructed to use the smooth (non-knurled shoulder pins), on all VF-1 toys, since I think late-July or early- August 2009.

The exception being the VF-1J Hikaru that comes with the GBP Armor, as according to them, it is repackaged old stock and thus has the older style knurled shoulder pins. :(

Yamato were surprised to hear that the VT-1 has the knurled sholder pins, as it should have had the smooth pins.

I need a favor from you guys. Those of you with a steady hand and a camera with a good macro function, can you please take a photo of the shoulder hinge on your VT-1, which shows the knurled end of the pin in the hinge. Ideally, I need about 3-4 clear (in focus) photos to send to Yamato.

Graham

Graham, is Yamato going to rectify this by making a 2nd "fixed" run sans knurled pins? If so, will they include a sticker so that the etailers can tell which GPB sets they are selling(regular set, not the "Itano Circus" online exclusive)?

Also, has Yamato said if and when they will sell the GPB armor separately?

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

I have those, old crotch but smooth pins, just like 1S Max. ;)

hey man, can you double check by swinging the hinge/s inward/outward... there are some, like on my 1D where you can't see the knurling/teeth from just looking at it... if the pin stays put and doesn't rotate when you swing the hinge, then it definitely has the new smooth pins. TIA.

hey man, can you double check by swinging the hinge/s inward/outward... there are some, like on my 1D where you can't see the knurling/teeth from just looking at it... if the pin stays put and doesn't rotate when you swing the hinge, then it definitely has the new smooth pins. TIA.

yes sir :lol:

jesus, guess all my valks need to stay in fighter mode forever to avoid disability...

Just curious, suppose the ultra-expensive/exclusive 1/2000 SDF-1 has exploding shoulder too, would it be outragous enough to send people to boycott yamato?

Edit: waiting for VF1D in the email, praying to plastic god right now...

Edited by brenttoyou

I think we've been lucky (in a way) with the VT-1 seeing no breakages, but just beacuse I'm guessing that few people actually bother to transform it. I know I've certainly never trasformed mine. It sits in fighter mode (its best looking mode) IMO) all the time.

Graham

I think we've been lucky (in a way) with the VT-1 seeing no breakages, but just beacuse I'm guessing that few people actually bother to transform it. I know I've certainly never trasformed mine. It sits in fighter mode (its best looking mode) IMO) all the time.

Graham

The only shoulder problems that I know of are from my initial Strike/ Super Vf-1S (Roy), where both shoulders are cracked (sinced fixed with epoxy, think it should hold) and know this only because this is the only v2 that I have transformed (like 3 times tops). As for the rest, I have not really transformed any of them. Those on display are in perpetual fighter mode (with the V1s in battroid mode), while the rest are still mint in their boxes (no place to display them).

I might have a few more surprises if I actually transform them later on....

I transform the ones I own, except for the VE-1 cuz the fast packs make it a pain in the @ss to do so and they get posed, only my 1s roy has cracked and in only the one shoulder.

I don't think the gnurled pin automatically means the hinge will break.

LOL! i sure wouldn't want any of them 3rd kind of gnurl on my pin! :lol:

but seriously, even if a knurled pin doesn't necessarily mean it will crack/break, i would definitely prefer to have the smooth pins on every v.2 VF-1 that i would be buying from now on.

I don't recall hearing of any breakages with the smooth pin. Am I wrong?

Anyway, Yamato's HK based production manager will be visiting the factory in China on Friday and will discuss the pin matter with them.

Also, Yamato's big boss from Japan will be in HK next week, so I will again raise this matter when we have dinner.

Graham

Can you ask them for about 50 sets of smooth-pinned hinges for replacements? :) (at the very least, please let them know there's still a lot of VF-1 owners who have been waiting for months and months for parts and still have broken valks)

Will try, but getting parts out of them even for me has been like getting blood out of a stone.

Graham

I don't recall hearing of any breakages with the smooth pin. Am I wrong?

Anyway, Yamato's HK based production manager will be visiting the factory in China on Friday and will discuss the pin matter with them.

Also, Yamato's big boss from Japan will be in HK next week, so I will again raise this matter when we have dinner.

Graham

No breakages I've heard of for the smooth pin. Can you ask if there is a mass market, stand along GPB set planned, and if Yamato will do a 2nd run of the Armored bundle set, with the smooth pins on the VF-1J?

It is with some sadness that I'm here to announce that my VT-1 Super Ostrich is found to have a crack on his left shoulder hinge at the knurled side. The right shoulder hinge at the knurled side has a faint stressmark. I decided to check tonight after reading this thread for GBP news but got panicked instead with the knurled pins revelation. I have no photos to show the damages on my unit for now... I might take a picture later or maybe not. I have lost appetite for this thing. I just want you all to know, it's a matter of time.

It is with some sadness that I'm here to announce that my VT-1 Super Ostrich is found to have a crack on his left shoulder hinge at the knurled side. The right shoulder hinge at the knurled side has a faint stressmark. I decided to check tonight after reading this thread for GBP news but got panicked instead with the knurled pins revelation. I have no photos to show the damages on my unit for now... I might take a picture later or maybe not. I have lost appetite for this thing. I just want you all to know, it's a matter of time.

If I can have a pic of the crack, that would be great. The more evidence I have to show to Yamato, the more chance that I might be able to get spares for everybody.

Graham