Official Yamato 1/60 Scale GBP

ff95gj

I'm pretty sure we'll be able to attach even the fixed mechanical hands from the current releases. It seems that grey piece can be detached.

3775886857_5164965990_o.jpg

It's not that hard to customize the mechanical hands from dyrl valkyrie, but one thing you have to take note is the fact that the male peg is on the arm armor. You just have to saw off the male peg on the dyrl mechanical hands and make new female slot to fix it on the arm armors.

The only thing I will be making gribe is yamato didn't include mechanical fist, just 1 sets instead of 2 sets like the TV hand.

It's not that hard to customize the mechanical hands from dyrl valkyrie, but one thing you have to take note is the fact that the male peg is on the arm armor. You just have to saw off the male peg on the dyrl mechanical hands and make new female slot to fix it on the arm armors.

The only thing I will be making gribe is yamato didn't include mechanical fist, just 1 sets instead of 2 sets like the TV hand.

but I don't want to cut and drill holes in my toys. I want my toy to work out of the box.

me too! can't effin' figure out why the hell Yamato would do s3x-change on these fixed-pose hands... :ph34r:

It makes sense for Yamato to do the changes in this GBP-1S armor. Well, they are improving the appearance of the arm armor by adding a Wrist plate instead of exposing the valkyrie's original color with hollow feel. The wrist plate enhance the appearance and make the color even out.

However, there is a catch that it's very difficult to insert the male peg from hand into the slot or armor, then it has to go through the slot in the valkyrie wrist unless you make 2 pieces line up correctly. Bad choices. So Yamato has to make the male peg on the wrist plate and change the hands.

Since when have Yamato worked out of the box?

They are constantly evolving, I find no improvement from Bandai for their 25 years old tooling.

Since when have Yamato worked out of the box?

:lol: haha, pst, your fanboy is showing.

Yamato pretty much opened the door to mass produced anime accurate transforming toys/collectibles. They took an old license that hadn't seen a modern toy in nearly a decade... the bandai m7 toys were even *worse* than the original 1/55 line up, less articulate, paint apps and accuracy. The 1/48 vf-1 took the market from garage kits or toys that made serious compromises and made way for the takara MP line up. So while yamato was making highly accurate, perfect transformation toys, what where the competitors doing? Making minor upgrades to decades old molds? re-issuing 20 year old toys? Making toys that were basically designed first and animated latter.

There's only one other company that has released a PT toy on parity with what Yamato has done and that is Beagle.

Yamato has had a lot of screw ups, poor QC, some design flaws, boxes that were too big, hands that were too small, whatever, but it's laughable to accuse them of thinking too conservatively. They've taken some pretty big risks, and have shown a willingness to continue to do so.

Edited by eugimon

:lol: haha, pst, your fanboy is showing.

Yamato pretty much opened the door to mass produced anime accurate transforming toys/collectibles. They took an old license that hadn't seen a modern toy in nearly a decade... the bandai m7 toys were even *worse* than the original 1/55 line up, less articulate, paint apps and accuracy. The 1/48 vf-1 took the market from garage kits or toys that made serious compromises and made way for the takara MP line up. So while yamato was making highly accurate, perfect transformation toys, what where the competitors doing? Making minor upgrades to decades old molds? re-issuing 20 year old toys? Making toys that were basically designed first and animated latter.

There's only one other company that has released a PT toy on parity with what Yamato has done and that is Beagle.

Yamato has had a lot of screw ups, poor QC, some design flaws, boxes that were too big, hands that were too small, whatever, but it's laughable to accuse them of thinking too conservatively. They've taken some pretty big risks, and have shown a willingness to continue to do so.

Now can I say it?

SNAP! :lol:

I will go the other way round. If that plate from the arm armor is non removable, I'll cut the male peg and drill the female slot to fit the mechanical hands.

That way I'll be able to use both the fixed mechanical hands and the articulated ^_^

I will go the other way round. If that plate from the arm armor is non removable, I'll cut the male peg and drill the female slot to fit the mechanical hands.

That way I'll be able to use both the fixed mechanical hands and the articulated ^_^

I was thinking that way too but here are my concerns:

1. Construction wise, I think you will have some hard time to make the male peg on the hand to go through the wrist plate on lower arm armor, then you have to make sure the male peg go through the wrist plate on valkyrie arm. It would be easier if you drill larger hole on the wrist plate to make more room, but bear in mind that the wrist plate in the valkyrie is rotating when you put the lower arm armor on because you actually can't hold it when you dress it up with armor. This is the main reason, I assume, that Yamato do the other way around.

2. Perpestive wise on toy value, ruining a mechanical hands seems doing less damage to the toy and I can reverse engineer back on the hands by inserting another male peg. Furthermore, the hands are optional parts which is not the main portion of the toy.

3. Customize the gbp-1s armoer seems doing more damage to the toy because it is one of major parts of the toy, many, like me, will hesistate to do so because it depreciate the toy with custom work on it and not keeping the toy "intact".

The side covers and neck piece are on the valkyrie, relax dude. ^_^

I'm in love with this toy.

Oh. I'm relaxed. I meant "WTF?!?" to the "feet covers". I've never seen that. I was unaware that the GBP had those.

Also. I could not see the side covers and still am having a hard time seeing them. I never said that they were gone out of the package. The neck pieve I constantly forget about. But I see it now as well. Thanks for pointing it out. ^_^

So. About those "feet covers". WTF!?!?! :blink::lol:

I am pretty sure they are meant to be feet covers.

They are adding those to give the feet a bigger look, so the feet won't look tiny just like the hands

yes those feet covers are meant to make the valkyrie in proportion with the armors. If you look couple pages back you will see a comparison between 48 and 60, the 48 looks horrible with big boobs chest armor, fat legs armors and tiny feet.

The feet covers is really a nice touch.

The only thing that I will complain is they did not have the movie hands included.........wtf

10096195a4.jpg

10096195a5.jpg

10096195a6.jpg

10096195a.jpg

Edited by Vi-RS

Hmmm, I'm thinking about selling my 1/48 VF-1J w/GBP armor for this 1/60 GBP version. Anyone else thinking the same?

If you already have a line of 1/48 in collection, keep it.

If you only have the 1/48, sell it off and get the whole line of V2.

pre-ordered, ugh... I have no idea how I'm going to pay for this, the VE-1 and the M&M 1J's in the span of 3 months. :wacko:

(I'm think I'll be missing the M&M-1J's :( )

Edited by anime52k8