Official Yamato 1/60 Scale GBP

ff95gj

Well, if the bundled 1j has more tampo printing, like the no step and the other things tampo'd on the CF 1j, I'll get the bundle and display the bundle 1j and put the first release 1j in the armor.

if not... I'll wait for the stand alone armor.

you guy's have no patience at all :p

99.9% chance that 16800 Yen is for the GPB+1J bundle. They'll have a stand alone bundle coming soon enough, you know they will. And eventually non-canon colors as well.

so when is this coming out? November? lot's of 1J's to get this year :D

glad it's a bundle, save's me the trouble of getting a valk to put this thing on. I hope it works on the 1D though, I'm hopping for a LV2 1D with matching woodland GPB.

That's like $170-180 US :mellow: ......that better be with the VF-1J or that's too expensive :( . I was hoping that this was the armor itself and thinking of something like $60-$70 US for the armor by itself. I already have a VF-1J Hick (that I bought specifically cause I thought they where coming out with an armored version) I don't need another one.

Of course that one includes the VF-1J, and it have the gray nose because of fan requests! You need another one, because of the nose! :lol:

Which ones are the side covers?

I'm not seeing them in the latest pic.

It's right below the SHOULDER ARMORs, it seems like it's slightly shorter than the 1/48.

Very nice, Yamato included the "feet covers" this time. The "feet covers" -- very much like the shoulder covers -- improves the overall proportion of the Armored Valkyrie. If you look at the 1/48 version, a majority of the vector nozzles were covered by the leg armors, which makes the feet looking particularly tiny. I like this new 1/60 Armored Valkyrie.

I really appreciate that, now the whole figure looks much proportionate, all previous release and chunky monkey have the problem of tiny foot. I'm completely sold with V2!!!

I was rearranging my macross stuff last night the 1/48 GBP is so damn chunky compared to this one. Loving the 1/60 scale, loving it.

The only thing that makes me feel 1/48 chunky is the leg armors, too fat and chunky........ I love V2.

Of course that one includes the VF-1J, and it have the gray nose because of fan requests! You need another one, because of the nose! :lol:

and DONT FORGET, you will get the VF-1J with NEW CROTCH!!!!!!

same price as the VE-1 :mellow: ... if a standalone valk is 9800 Yen i reckon the add-on GBP will cost around 7800 Yen.

yeah, patience... guess i'll wait this one out too. i don't have the heart to part w/ my Super 1J set... but damn, i really don't want another white 1J and i don't care if it has that gray visor outline... but it'll be hard to resist if it is indeed all tampoed up like in the promo pic. :mellow:

That's like $170-180 US :mellow: ......that better be with the VF-1J or that's too expensive :( . I was hoping that this was the armor itself and thinking of something like $60-$70 US for the armor by itself. I already have a VF-1J Hick (that I bought specifically cause I thought they where coming out with an armored version) I don't need another one.

I just don't understand this. I have 3 VF-1s with 5 more on preorder. I don't need another VF-1J and I just want a couple of armor suits to put on the ones I have. Now I have to sulk and hope they bring out the stand alone armor for a decent price. <_<

It does come with a VF-1J with the gray visor. No uncertainty there. ^_^

I am pretty sure they will release the armor parts separately. Many of us would need more than one set obviously.

The bundled set just helps to sell more 1J units to losers like me.

same price as the VE-1 :mellow: ... if a standalone valk is 9800 Yen i reckon the add-on GBP will cost around 7800 Yen.

yeah, patience... guess i'll wait this one out too. i don't have the heart to part w/ my Super 1J set... but damn, i really don't want another white 1J and i don't care if it has that gray visor outline... but it'll be hard to resist if it is indeed all tampoed up like in the promo pic. :mellow:

I finally looked back at the promo pics and figured out what no step markings everyone was talking about. Now I HAVE to have it.

Why can't Yamato just release the armor parts by itself? <_<

I know....they want to milk the desparate fans who must have the armor first, even if it comes with a VF-1J. But you know what Yamato, I got time and patience. So I will wait it out until the armor parts set are available as a stand-alone set.

Why can't Yamato just release the armor parts by itself? <_<

I know....they want to milk the desparate fans who must have the armor first, even if it comes with a VF-1J. But you know what Yamato, I got time and patience. So I will wait it out until the armor parts set are available as a stand-alone set.

because some of us don't have a hikaru 1J yet so :p

I don't have the 1J. I am going to be getting it soon. And the TV Super Parts as well. But I agree with ron.

Although, now that I think about it. When the original VF-1 1/60 line came out, did they release the GBP set stand alone first or bundled w/1J first? I know I had seen it w/1J.

Neither do I, and never will. I only bought Max's, Roy's and some CFs during my 1/48 days. Now, I have the same policy as well for the 1/60 series. ^_^

(Hmm... do we consider the VT as belonging to Hikaru? :unsure: )

I was hoping to score a couple of standalone GBP packs to be used with Max's 1J and Roy's LV 1S.

Edited by blacklotus

looks real nice.... hm.... really? does it it come with the leg covers? but i must say, i've also noticed the more proportionate feets, ver nice indeed :)

I already have 2 super 1Js..... guess i 'll be getting a new 1J bundled with the GBP-1S

anyone know what is the piece besides the NW corner of chest plate armor?

And the piece below the feet covers?

Not sure about the piece below the feet covers but the NW corner piece I think is the part that goes behind the "neck" are. With the ladder and whatnot for the pilot. The piece that used to come with the 1/48 valks w/GBP and w/Super & Strike Parts. Do you know what I mean?

Not sure about the piece below the feet covers but the NW corner piece I think is the part that goes behind the "neck" are. With the ladder and whatnot for the pilot. The piece that used to come with the 1/48 valks w/GBP and w/Super & Strike Parts. Do you know what I mean?

I have never owned or seen the 1/48 version, but I guess it's basically a neck piece to fill the gap between the head base and the backpack, makes sense.

Looks like one of those pieces to connect the figure to a Yamato Display Base/Launch Arm.

It could be one of them, I agree.

The small piece below the hip armors is to cover up the nose cone tip I guess.

you may be. if you look really hard at the parts breakdown pic the hands are in between the leg pieces and crotch pieces.

i think he means the mechanical type fixed posed hands like the ones w/ the 1/48 GBP. the ones w/ black finger joints.

well, you could always use the ones that came w/ the 1/60 ver.2 DYRL valks, although they look to be too big for the new 1/60s. maybe w/ the armor on it won't look as big.

that could be another reason to wait for the add-on GBP only set... maybe Yamato will include the mechanical hands then, as another hot fan request...

Edited by m0n5t3r

i think he means the mechanical type fixed posed hands like the ones w/ the 1/48 GBP. the ones w/ black finger joints.

well, you could always use the ones that came w/ the 1/60 ver.2 DYRL valks, although they look to be too big for the new 1/60s. maybe w/ the armor on it won't look as big.

that could be another reason to wait for the add-on GBP only set... maybe Yamato will include the mechanical hands then, as another hot fan request...

I agree we could use those from DYRL, but color wise it won't match.

Speaking of the fist, why on earth Yamato is giving 2 sets (4 pcs) of different pose TV hands while only 1 set of mechanical movie hands?

I agree we could use those from DYRL, but color wise it won't match.

Speaking of the fist, why on earth Yamato is giving 2 sets (4 pcs) of different pose TV hands while only 1 set of mechanical movie hands?

this bugs me so much, why no DYRL fists? I wan't mech fists, not just open hands.