Official Yamato 1/60 Scale GBP

ff95gj

It's only a matter of time. No official picture yet? I really can't wait to see the final product.

I am on an extremely tight budget recently but this has always been the v 2. that I will not be able to not purchase. It will bring my tiny collection to 4 valkyries and 1 Q-rau.

btw someone please remind me if the GBP-1 appeared in DYRL? and if so what valkyrie was under the armor? Thanks.

I am on an extremely tight budget recently but this has always been the v 2. that I will not be able to not purchase. It will bring my tiny collection to 4 valkyries and 1 Q-rau.

btw someone please remind me if the GBP-1 appeared in DYRL? and if so what valkyrie was under the armor? Thanks.

Yes it did for 1 second or 2.. It was also a 1J.

The color is different from the TV version IIRC... So we can expect Yamato to milk the mold again.

Yes it did for 1 second or 2.. It was also a 1J.

The color is different from the TV version IIRC... So we can expect Yamato to milk the mold again.

Thankyou. I can only afford a small collection so I`m devoting myself to 1/60 v2. DYRL? toys only. I am anal tho, so if only the TV color comes out I won`t be able to buy... :angry:

Hope they sell the armor individually, and that it's cheap! (50-75$) :] If so, then I'll outfit all my valks.

Bring it on!

I believe so... Yamato has a good tradition of separately selling the extra eqs...

1/60 Folder pack for YF-19/21...

M0 Ghosts...

1/48 and 1/60 SSP...

EXCEPT for 1/48 TV Super parts.

I am not worried though; probably they'll sell a bundled version, but the individual package will come. I bet on my whole Macross collection on this.

vf-1j-gbp-dyrl_small.gifvf-1j-gbp_small.gif

Just looked up M3... I think the 1/48 GBP is a cross breed of the two...

Should the DYRL version have black stripes on the Valk's arms and legs beneath the armour, then I'm all for the DYRL. As well it would be that awesome grey white colour. :)

Although the TV version doesn't really have the black border around the visor, as the TV 1J was always white. Then again in the one Episode that the GBP was used, that border changed colour several times in the first few seconds. LOL

I am earger to know the details of the GBP-1S armor. The V1 was kinda funky looking and the 1/48 is superb, I seriously hope that the V2 will be much better than the 1/48.

I'm not sure how Yamato is gonna deal with the crotch area on V2 since the V2 don't have removable nose con, so maybe the crotch armor piece will be pretty long.

I'm now at the fence of selling ALL my 1/48 to fund my 1/60s and make space for them. But someone suggested to me that the 1/48 has collector value. Thoughts?

I'm now at the fence of selling ALL my 1/48 to fund my 1/60s and make space for them. But someone suggested to me that the 1/48 has collector value. Thoughts?

I agree with (VFTF1?) that it depends on the size of your collection. If you have a good number of them, don't sell it. If you have only 4-6, sell 3 or 4 of them.

Money wise, I doubt how much they worth now. Brand new 1/48s for some models are still available...

why does collector value matter anyway?

are you keeping the 1/48 in hopes of getting some huge profit in the future?

no right...?

no right...?

agreed. It's very obvious that for the first time we have all the VF-1 variations, V2 is the way to go these days.

I've seen 1/48 in toy shop but I've never had any interest to buy them, they are too big and less details, and I will never ever consider to buy them because all my money will go to V2.

no right...?

I believe "collector's value" has two meanings; one of course it means you can sell it for profits; the other is that it is a good product itself that you enjoy it yourself.

1/48 is definitely a good toy in its own right that even though I am going to collect the 1/60 v2, I am not going to let go of my 1/48 collection.

You can look at a v1 1/60 and v2 1/60 and say "now this one obsoletes the old one!" (still some may disagree...)

But when you look at a 1/48 and a 1/60 v2, they are just different things. To me.

I believe "collector's value" has two meanings; the other is that it is a good product itself that you enjoy it yourself.

I agree & second it :)

I hope to see more variants of the GBP-1, besides just Hikky version.