Have YOU ever been banned from an internet Forum??

The Doctor Who Forum was in its dying days so I bravely posted a single message and got banned for it....

Here is what they said to me.

Message from the Doctor Who Forum

You have been banned for the following reason:

Extreme rudeness to the community here - you posted "Goodbye you motherf**ckers!!!!! Ha ha!!!!"

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

I put two u's in the offending word to get past their censors.

Yes, its juvenile and silly, but we should have fun with this.

Taksraven

Kinda off topic but have fun for a couple of days

Never banned but have been warned by over zealous moderates. For example there was this topic on one board about someone complaining about this old lady they met. I joined in by saying "Plus old people smell too" or something stupid like that. Got a message from a Mod, that some old people are diabetic and they can't help the odor. I didn't know what to think. I wasn't banned but if I'm gonna get a sensitivity lecture over something like that there's no reason to post much.

I got temp banned on a local Transformers forum. Here's the story in a nutshell:

a)I have been making Transformers photo-comics with TF toys for years and posting them to this forum.

b) Suddenly, the mods said my fanfiction was actually a crypto commercial for my store and spam

c) So, I took obediently took down and erased all of my fanfiction on the forum. I also took down my episode-by-episode 30 page long review of Super Dimmensional Fortress Macross, just in case anybody thought that I had written it to brainwash people into buying Yamato products from me...

d) I got banned for erasing all of my fanfiction and episode reviews on the forum because the mods said that I made a mess of the forum, and left entire topics with nothing in them but commentary from fans to non-existant comics and in general claimed that once something (like a photo-comic) was on the forum, it became community property or some such...

e) thankfully, the whole issue was resolved and now I am no longer banned there, can still post comics and don't get accused of it being a crypto-commercial.

I also got permanently banned from a second local Transformers forum. Here's that story in a nutshell:

a) One day, I woke up to discover that the Polish Transformers fandom had split amongst itself, and that a group of fans had opened a new forum, cursing the admins on the old one. Us regular TF fans were told to "chose sides." Lots of us didn't want to, because we didn't visit these forums to have personal disputes, but to talk about Transformers. To its' credit, the new forum didn't force people to "chose sides" and had a "come one come all" policy. The old forum basically said "if you post over there, you can't post over here." Because I posted in both forums, I got banned on the old one.

b) now the old one is a ghost-forum. Nobody posts there anymore. This is partially because half the members are banned, and partially because the other half are on the new forum. There are still a couple of die hards on the old one though... we'll see what comes of it.

Other than that though, I've never been banned (knock on wood) on any other forum.

At times, I have been given polite warnings by mods.

99% of the time I thought those warnings were bull crud

99% of the time I thought so because of my pride and not for any objective reasons

99% of the time I listened to the warning, did what the mod said and usually ended up moving to a different subject, avoiding the controversial issue like the plague, and therefore trying to respect the mod's wishes.

We had this discussion before about moderating styles - and the question of "were you banned anywhere?" kind of falls close to that subject.

In the end, Taks - I am not surprised Dr. Who forum banned you. On the other hand, Sometimes, in a fit of rage, when you don't want to be on a forum anymore and feel that something bad has happened to you there - it does happen that people write stuff like you wrote. I pretty much wrote the same thing on the TF forum I am now perma-banned on.

And I'd probably write it again too, because the guys were jerks for the way the acted, behaived.

But ultimately, this is the internet and just like not everybody on the street is made out to be your bossum buddy, so too not all forums have to feel just right to you, and make you feel at home.

People go where they feel good and stay there.

I do.

Pete

I got banned from the Star Wars Galaxies forums a few different times until they threatened in-game consequences. Lots of gamer 'kids' like to latch onto anything with a vagina and when it started to affect things in-game I called them on it. It more or less snowballed from there.

More than a few times from counter-strike clan forums for really not giving a damn.

Once from my WoW servers forums for posting a ytmnd about someone from a rival guild.

Nothing serious and never anywhere it really mattered. If I ever want to get into it here, I generally find something else to do.

I like it here. =)

Edited by Chewie

Nope. Honestly, I don't even recall getting any warnings.

Then again, this is pretty much the only internet forum I've posted on more than a handful of times. And I've been here so long that I almost feel like I know some of the regulars too well to feel "anonymous" anymore. I know I've had my misunderstandings and heated discussions, and I'm sure I've made a joke or two that turned out to be in bad taste, but for the most part I try to be respectful towards others.

Nope. Honestly, I don't even recall getting any warnings.

Ditto for me. Although I've been "warned" a few times on the lame a$$ Robotech.com forums for posts that do not confirm to their rules, e.g., referencing an online store to buy macross stuff for another fan, etc. Hence why I don't visit that site anymore.

a ford ranger forum i belong to got hijacked buy its server provider. and all of our post were stole. i logged in and was copying and paste info like v-8 swap how tos, to the new place when i got banned. i sighned up with a new account and continued till i got all of what we needed

I was once banned from the old gundam.com forum (now defunct)... I have a suspicion that a few old posters from there post now in MWF. Anyways, it was 7 years ago and I can't remember the reason why.

At present, I'm trying to get myself banned from the official EVE-online forum (out of boredom)... not much luck, have had a few of my posts modded but no warnings or anything. I guess the tolerance level there is pretty high considering it's the MMO most famous for scamming players and just generally trying to ruin someone else's day. :p

Yeah, twice, from a major TF site from Illinois, and I hate that site. All stemming from one incident. I bought a single lot of Armada/Energon/Cybertron stuff from a mod there about 3-4 years ago. He claimed they were all complete, some were MISB, etc. So I pay him, and it shows up about 2 1/2 weeks later, some missing pieces, some broken, and no MISB stuff. So I emailed the guy, saying I wanted my money back, and he told me he "took the liberty" of opening the MISB stuff to save on shipping, when he overcharged me for shipping by 15 bucks anyhow. He also said that they were all "complete and unbroken" when he sent them, basically accusing me of lying and said I wasn't getting my money back. So I started blasting him in his for sale thread, and anywhere else I could. Our PM's got heated, and he used those as evidence (I'm guessing) and banned me. Sold the lot on ebay and luckily got most of my money back. So about a year goes by, I signed up with a different IP address, and was a member. 2 of the mods there knew it was me, but kept their mouths shut because they knew I got the shaft. So I post on there for maybe about 6 months, and I wrote a post that hinted at who I was by accident, and the evil mod PM'd me. So we got into it again, and I said I was going to go to a site admin. about it if he didn't leave me alone. So I get a PM from a site admin. there, saying that if I didn't drop it, I'd be banned again. I then PM'd the evil mod, saying he could ban me all he wanted and that I ought to go out to where he lived, since I had his address from the shipment I got (which was about 4 hours from me at the time), and beat the hell out of him. He said he'd love to see me try it, and banned me again. So 2 weeks later I went on a road trip with a buddy from work, went to his house, and he showed up about an hour later. I confronted him and told him who I was, and he just kept yelling "leave me alone" and trying to walk in the house, to which my friend was blocking his way. So I hit him in the face and he dropped, then I hit him a couple more times. Never even hit me back once, just screamed and yelled. I jumped in the car and left right away. Never heard anything about it again. I don't advocate fighting, I really don't, and this isn't some BS story about being a badass, it just got to the point when it was about justice. I wasn't even going to fight him, that wasn't my intent, I had my MP3 player set to record and I just wanted him to admit he wronged me. But when he started trying to run away, I just got so pissed off I snapped. Anyhow, it wasn't worth it, and I regret it. I didn't even care about that site anymore, I wasn't even into TF's really anymore. I will say however that I think that site is nothing but a bunch of favorite-playing, nasty little cliques, and suckups, IMO. I don't miss it, at all. This site totally blows it away.

Edited by Excillon

lol....was banned once. Here. :lol:

For posting an image that gave different meanings to different people.....and some mods thought the meaning was more sinister than I did. I took down the picture after some people voiced their "concerns" but still debated heavily on why the picture isn't as bad as some people think. The mods were either deliberating something or took their time cause my ban came only a week later without any warning, with the reason being i was given enough warning *shrug*. Some stuff happened, was almost perma-banned, stuff resolved, and they finally promised to unban my account after a month.

Lowest point of my life.....as sad as it sounds, but i love this forum too much to be perma-banned.

I have been warned by forums even on this one but never baned.

I did witness on the Sea Shepard's forum a pissing contest between Paul Watson founder and some washed up old Fishermen. In www.seashepherd.com under Communications with the enemy in the Sea Sheapard news thread.

Edited by miles316

Nah. Most forums I just lurk on. This one is the one I participated in the most & I became a mod here so I could pretty much do whatever the hell I wanted. Then I quit caring about Macross and came back with no mod powers... but that's ok. Macross news doesn't interest me as much anymore anyway.

Other than that, some forums just aren't worth posting to because the community is set in it's ways and if you say anything against the wrong people and you'll get called an idiot no matter how logical you are vs the ignorance of the regulars. I also agree with the earlier post about internet folk latching on to anything with a vagina, which is wh I only really talk to those few ladies that buck the trend and take care to not have internet cults form based on them.

HEHEHE

RDF HQ..

HEHEHE

ONLY ALIVE THREAD THERE I THINK IS A THREAD LIKE THIS ONE... AND NOW USERS HAVE MOVED INTO THE LICNSING DEBATE...

GOOD IDEA ON THIS THREAD START. KEEPS THE OTHER ON TRACK. BUT WONT LAST.. SOME NEED THEIR FEELINGS BE HEARD I GUESS.

AND I SAID SOME.. NOT ALL...

Yeah, twice, from a major TF site from Illinois, and I hate that site. All stemming from one incident. I bought a single lot of Armada/Energon/Cybertron stuff from a mod there about 3-4 years ago. He claimed they were all complete, some were MISB, etc. So I pay him, and it shows up about 2 1/2 weeks later, some missing pieces, some broken, and no MISB stuff. So I emailed the guy, saying I wanted my money back, and he told me he "took the liberty" of opening the MISB stuff to save on shipping, when he overcharged me for shipping by 15 bucks anyhow. He also said that they were all "complete and unbroken" when he sent them, basically accusing me of lying and said I wasn't getting my money back. So I started blasting him in his for sale thread, and anywhere else I could. Our PM's got heated, and he used those as evidence (I'm guessing) and banned me. Sold the lot on ebay and luckily got most of my money back. So about a year goes by, I signed up with a different IP address, and was a member. 2 of the mods there knew it was me, but kept their mouths shut because they knew I got the shaft. So I post on there for maybe about 6 months, and I wrote a post that hinted at who I was by accident, and the evil mod PM'd me. So we got into it again, and I said I was going to go to a site admin. about it if he didn't leave me alone. So I get a PM from a site admin. there, saying that if I didn't drop it, I'd be banned again. I then PM'd the evil mod, saying he could ban me all he wanted and that I ought to go out to where he lived, since I had his address from the shipment I got (which was about 4 hours from me at the time), and beat the hell out of him. He said he'd love to see me try it, and banned me again. So 2 weeks later I went on a road trip with a buddy from work, went to his house, and he showed up about an hour later. I confronted him and told him who I was, and he just kept yelling "leave me alone" and trying to walk in the house, to which my friend was blocking his way. So I hit him in the face and he dropped, then I hit him a couple more times. Never even hit me back once, just screamed and yelled. I jumped in the car and left right away. Never heard anything about it again. I don't advocate fighting, I really don't, and this isn't some BS story about being a badass, it just got to the point when it was about justice. I wasn't even going to fight him, that wasn't my intent, I had my MP3 player set to record and I just wanted him to admit he wronged me. But when he started trying to run away, I just got so pissed off I snapped. Anyhow, it wasn't worth it, and I regret it. I didn't even care about that site anymore, I wasn't even into TF's really anymore. I will say however that I think that site is nothing but a bunch of favorite-playing, nasty little cliques, and suckups, IMO. I don't miss it, at all. This site totally blows it away.

.... wallotext, but wow....

I've actually been banned here longer than any other site (13 days total from two bans), at least for something I actually did.

oddly enough I got IP banned from all the NSFW boads on 4chan for like 3 months recently and I don't even post there.

I don't post enough to get banned ^_^

but I did get rejected trying to join a sword forum, no idea why...

I've been denied access to some forums too, some for I suppose mysterious reasons... mostly happened in the early days of my net use tho. Don't see that too much anymore.

Azrael once threatened me with a ban here...I *think* he was joking... :unsure:

Other than that, no. Although boxtorrents kept kicking me off because the version of Azureus I was using was too old, and it triggered their alarm system designed to catch people manipulating their stats. I wish I knew enough about programming to do something like that...

Thankfully, even before I updated to a newer version, they must have fixed whatever was wrong with the system, because after a month or two, I went back and everything worked fine.

The one site that I got permabanned.

ROBOTECH.COM.

Just for fun, I decided to make a joke thread comparing Steve Yun to Heartbreak Rigde's Major Powers in The Lounge.

I then got an E-mail from Steve warning me. Then he saw the thread and sent me anoter message that I wasn't welcome back anymore.

He must've decided to give me one more chance, but I blew it when I said that the guys over at Harmony Gold takes storylines they don't like and put them in the trash.

The next day I couldn't logon there anymore. I've tried to logon there a few times since, and then said screw 'em, if they don't want me there, I won't go there anymore. I made it to Corporal there, too.

The TOU over there's too freaking facist there anyway.

Edited by Wanzerfan

The one site that I got permabanned.

ROBOTECH.COM.

Just for fun, I decided to make a joke thread comparing Steve Yun to Heartbreak Rigde's Major Powers in The Lounge.

I then got an E-mail from Steve warning me. Then he saw the thread and sent me anoter message that I wasn't welcome back anymore.

He must've decided to give me one more chance, but I blew it when I said that the guys over at Harmony Gold takes storylines they don't like and put them in the trash.

The next day I couldn't logon there anymore. I've tried to logon there a few times since, and then said screw 'em, if they don't want me there, I won't go there anymore. I made it to Corporal there, too.

The TOU over there's too freaking facist there anyway.

"but I blew it when I said that the guys over at Harmony Gold takes storylines they don't like and put them in the robotrash."

corrected!

also was banned from rt.com just because i like macross better. ^_^

Wow. You're lucky you're not in jail. I wish I could get away with some stuff like that.

EDIT: I got banned from JoeCustoms.com. One of the mods there runs his own Joe news sites, advertises, and gets money for hyping Joe toys. Whenever I would share my criticisms in threads on new toys, that particular mod would come in and get all butt-hurt and complain about how we were all whiny idiots for not liking every newcrap toy with the Joe logo. So I sent a PM to another dude there, and we talked about how we thought the mod was biased. So then the site owner sent me a PM, quoting my PM that he had intercepted and read himself, and told me to "Please leave" the forums. Because I had shared a private opinion about a moderator being biased in a private message. Since the site owner was kind of a dick anyway, I instead posted his PM in a public thread and let everyone know he was reading everyone's private messages. And told him to kiss my ass and ban me instead of being a pussy and asking me to leave. So I was banned. I just re-registered with another name and email, but I don't go there anymore.

That's why I love mods like EXO so much. He's got a rad sense of humor, admits his own faults, and really tries to be fair. And he doesn't interfere over petty stuff. Shawn and Graham are also very polite, unlike other site admins who will go unmentioned. *CoughBEAVcough*

Edited by danth

OH YEAH. I got banned from robotech.com too. Perhaps less than a month after it went live.

I said "blah blah blah something Macross World etc, etc" and was done.

Getting banned from Robotech.com made me love the original Macross series and its spinoffs even more.

It was a few weeks later that I bought my first Yamato Valkyrie. ^_^

I was banned from the Working Designs forum when I called Victor Ireland an ignorant racist for thinking he was improving games by ripping out all the Japanese dialogue (at this point it had escalated to overdubbing the spell casting in Lunar SSS-C), and going too far in story/joke rewrites. Now the company is complete defunct (and by default I win!!).

Banned her for a week for doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!, but I got over that eventually, mods were tossing out bans like they were candy that week, and while I had psoted "in" a topic, I hadn't been involved in the hijinks.

I WANT MY WEEKS POSTING ABILITIES BACK DAMNIT!!!

::sigh::

Back in my more rebellious internet youth, I mostly posted on un-moderated sites where flame wars were epic and free as the old west. And then of course there was usenet where there was never anyone to give a f^ck. Heaven help anyone who aws naive enough to post anything even remotely fanfic like on AFM, I'd dissect that puppy & rip it to shreds sentence by sentence. Good times. And then there was my peroid of time as epic Eva guru.

To date, I've yet to be banned from the robotech.com forums, though I rately post there anymore either. I mostly just log in to get points every day to one day enter that exclusive officers lounge, and find out all their HG secrets!

Back in my more rebellious internet youth, I mostly posted on un-moderated sites where flame wars were epic and free as the old west. And then of course there was usenet where there was never anyone to give a f^ck. Heaven help anyone who aws naive enough to post anything even remotely fanfic like on AFM, I'd dissect that puppy & rip it to shreds sentence by sentence. Good times. And then there was my peroid of time as epic Eva guru.

Were you involved in the Derek Smart flame wars years ago by any chance?