Who is the Best Pilot?

Dymblos

163 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Best Pilot of Macross Series?

• Hikaru Ichijyo
    • Roy Focker
    • Maximilian Jenius
    • Isamu Alva Dyson
    • Guld Goa Bowman
    • Shin Kudo
    • Alto Saotome
    • Basara Nekki
    • Maia Sterling
    • Ozma Lee

Edgar's CLEARLY the best pilot. I mean, he only flew once, yet he didn't get shot down while piloting. In those 15 seconds when he was piloting, Shin's VF-0 didn't take a single hit.

COMBO BREAKER! :D

He even survived being washed away at sea!

Plus, he has GAR in his name!

Edited by SchizophrenicMC

Who is the best pilot in Macross? I would have to say its Grace hands down. Why? Not only is she capable of doing all the insane ghost maneuvering that Brera can, but she is sexy cougar in or out of a pilot suit! True, she doesn't have Sheryl or Klan's looks, but she is the only female pilot in the entire Macross universe that could have sex with you in the cockpit AND fly circles around the other ace pilots AT THE SAME TIME. Just ask yourself if anything be hotter then the thrill of having sex while in the middle of a dogfight and its obvious why Grace trumps all the other pilots hands down!

Who is the best pilot in Macross? I would have to say its Grace hands down. Why? Not only is she capable of doing all the insane ghost maneuvering that Brera can, but she is sexy cougar in or out of a pilot suit! True, she doesn't have Sheryl or Klan's looks, but she is the only female pilot in the entire Macross universe that could have sex with you in the cockpit AND fly circles around the other ace pilots AT THE SAME TIME. Just ask yourself if anything be hotter then the thrill of having sex while in the middle of a dogfight and its obvious why Grace trumps all the other pilots hands down!

as hot as Grace and to some extent Brera strangely enough are (damn you frontier and your traps!) they're both automatically disqualified for having cyborg HAX.

Anyways, I still consider Klan the best pilot. maybe not the most skilled but she's still kicks plenty of ass and is the best looking one in a skin tight body suit.

but she is sexy cougar

Grace has two kids and a swimming pool that needs cleaning?

Just ask yourself if anything be hotter then the thrill of having sex while in the middle of a dogfight

Should I really ask myself that question? :)

Seriously though - the 'Grace as best pilot' line is kind of like the Ghost fighter from Macross Plus being the "best pilot" - when it's just a machine flying itself... it shouldn't get points for piloting skills IMO.

Besides, Grace is just a tree ;)

Pete

If we're gonna GAY it up with RoboWreck Shadow Chronicles pilots, then why not some Scott Bernard love too????? Man can fly an Alpha, but kicks more ass in a Beta! Who knew! LOL!

Don't even joke like that, man! :lol:

To think we're from the same county... :wacko:

Bobby. All those others fly "Valkyries". Bobby flies a "Macross".

And he does it with style!

as hot as Grace and to some extent Brera strangely enough are (damn you frontier and your traps!) they're both automatically disqualified for having cyborg HAX.

Of course the cyborg HAX isn't really fair. I was just voicing my opion and joking around as others were doing when they listed other pilots who aren't on the poll.

As far as natural piloting skills go I want to say that Meltrandi leader from "Macross 7: Fleet of the Strongest Women." I remembered she absolutely pawned Basara and Milia, but I can't remember if she ever faced Max in a dogfight. Of course she wasn't nearly as hot as Klan, but then again comparing sexyness of Frontier designs verus other Macross series is pretty unfair because Macross Frontier was designed with sex traps in the first place. Just look at the two charaters designers Risa Ebata and Yûichi Takahashi who did Macross Frontier. Both were experienced animation directors, but only Mikan Ehime had charater designer written on his resume. His previous works as Charater designer were the hentai "The Hills Have Size" and Gonzo's "Gravion" series which was essentially Gao Gai Gar with maids.

Grace has two kids and a swimming pool that needs cleaning?

Well Grace did raise Sheryl and Brea and I am sure the Macross Galaxy has a few dirty pools from all that industrial waste Sheryl commented about if you want to follow your definition... I was going by this definition though:

Courgar: Noun. A 35+ year old female who is on the "hunt" for a much younger, energetic, willing-to-do-anything male. The cougar can frequently be seen in a padded bra, cleavage exposed, propped up against a swanky bar in San Francisco (or other cities)waiting, watching, calculating; gearing up to sink her claws into an innocent young and strapping buck who happens to cross her path. ~http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cougar

Macross Frontier looks close enough to San Francisco right? :lol:

If we're gonna GAY it up with RoboWreck Shadow Chronicles pilots, then why not some Scott Bernard love too????? Man can fly an Alpha, but kicks more ass in a Beta! Who knew! LOL!

Its cause cause Scott could only kick ass when he had a Beta full of missiles to unleash with his Stic Rage!

I think the debate for best pilot in Macross will be settled one and and for all though when all the aces take pilot their transforming vectors... err I mean VFs and merge them together to form Super Dimensional Aquarion Macross. Then it will be obvious who the best pilot is when he/she forms the head and causes all the other pilots to organism. :lol:

Of course the cyborg HAX isn't really fair. I was just voicing my opion and joking around as others were doing when they listed other pilots who aren't on the poll.

Is that an atemmpted h4X lol?

As far as natural piloting skills go I want to say that Meltrandi leader from "Macross 7: Fleet of the Strongest Women." I remembered she absolutely pawned Basara and Milia, but I can't remember if she ever faced Max in a dogfight. Of course she wasn't nearly as hot as Klan, but then again comparing sexyness of Frontier designs verus other Macross series is pretty unfair because Macross Frontier was designed with sex traps in the first place. Just look at the two charaters designers Risa Ebata and Yûichi Takahashi who did Macross Frontier. Both were experienced animation directors, but only Mikan Ehime had charater designer written on his resume. His previous works as Charater designer were the hentai "The Hills Have Size" and Gonzo's "Gravion" series which was essentially Gao Gai Gar with maids.

Gao Gai Gar with maids? Man, I think I got to watch that. :lol:

As someone else said before me, Alto-hime may be a trap princess, but he's our trap princess.

Well Grace did raise Sheryl and Brea and I am sure the Macross Galaxy has a few dirty pools from all that industrial waste Sheryl commented about if you want to follow your definition... I was going by this definition though:

That works.

Courgar: Noun. A 35+ year old female who is on the "hunt" for a much younger, energetic, willing-to-do-anything male. The cougar can frequently be seen in a padded bra, cleavage exposed, propped up against a swanky bar in San Francisco (or other cities)waiting, watching, calculating; gearing up to sink her claws into an innocent young and strapping buck who happens to cross her path. ~http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cougar

Macross Frontier looks close enough to San Francisco right? :lol:

Only if you're really drunk. For both parts of that.

Its cause cause Scott could only kick ass when he had a Beta full of missiles to unleash with his Stic Rage!

Nyeh, Stoic Rage!

I think the debate for best pilot in Macross will be settled one and and for all though when all the aces take pilot their transforming vectors... err I mean VFs and merge them together to form Super Dimensional Aquarion Macross. Then it will be obvious who the best pilot is when he/she forms the head and causes all the other pilots to organism. :lol:

I c wut u did there

Isn't the thread "gay" enough with all the Top Gun banter?

Geez, next thing you know, we'll be talking about who should be who's wingman.

Anyways, I still consider Klan the best pilot. maybe not the most skilled but she's still kicks plenty of ass and is the best looking one in a skin tight body suit.

Hmm, I'll only cosider Klan if it's Fast Pack Klan!

I also think it's kind of lame to compare, for instance, Isamu and the others.

Isamu never had to fly in an intergalactic war. From what I understood, he skimrished with rogue Zendradi from time to time. But the whole openning of Macross Plus, to my mind, was not proof perfect that Isamu was a genius fighter pilot, but rather proof perfect that rogue, disorganized Zendradi using battle armor from Space War I were no match for a good pilot behind the controls of a state of the art valkyrie (which at that time the VF-11B was).

Now, by no means do I therefore mean to imply that Isamu is a BAD pilot, or to belittle his considerable skill. No. But I do suggest that the comparisson is a bit off.

Max was a pilot who not only took on the battle pods that were directly attacking him, but had to worry about being shot down in the chaos and commotin of a huge space battle on more than one occassion.

He also had to exhibit perfect versitality - not just piloting his VF primarily in fighter mode, nor even in combat situations.

See - when we're talking about piloting a Valkyrie, we're not just talking about flying an airplane and shooting things down.

We're also talking about piloting a Valkyrie in battroid mode - about perhaps taking small fragile humans into your hands, about being able to take the clothes off of a Zendradi officer and put them on your battroid...

This is almost as good as being able to sing and play a guitar while flying in a combat situation and not shooting back at your enemy.

Pete

Hmm, I'll only cosider Klan if it's Fast Pack Klan!

YES! although Super Klan is more appropriate in a best valk thread. she wins that discussion hands down though.

post-4286-1247647372_thumb.jpg

on a semi-related note, what book is this from, I need a copy of it so bad...

Isamu never had to fly in an intergalactic war. From what I understood, he skimrished with rogue Zendradi from time to time. But the whole openning of Macross Plus, to my mind, was not proof perfect that Isamu was a genius fighter pilot, but rather proof perfect that rogue, disorganized Zendradi using battle armor from Space War I were no match for a good pilot behind the controls of a state of the art valkyrie (which at that time the VF-11B was).

Now that's not entirely fair. The Rogue Zentradi weren't using SWI vintage armor, they were using New type battle Suits that were equal to or superior to the VF-11B in service at the time. in fact it's implied that the whole impetus for the Super Nova project and the YF-19/21 is that the VF-11B is being outclassed by newer enemy mecha that SPACY was encountering ever more frequently.

Isamu is clearly a very skilled pilot, not a Genius (I think he's too impulsive and reckless to be considered a Genius) but very skilled non the less. But we really can't compare him to anyone but Guld because the two of them are never shown flying against anyone else or in any comparable situation.

Isamu is clearly a very skilled pilot, not a Genius (I think he's too impulsive and reckless to be considered a Genius) but very skilled non the less. But we really can't compare him to anyone but Guld because the two of them are never shown flying against anyone else or in any comparable situation.

well, he did hold his own against the Ghost for a while. that must count for something. :)

Max was a pilot who not only took on the battle pods that were directly attacking him, but had to worry about being shot down in the chaos and commotin of a huge space battle on more than one occassion.

He also had to exhibit perfect versitality - not just piloting his VF primarily in fighter mode, nor even in combat situations.

See - when we're talking about piloting a Valkyrie, we're not just talking about flying an airplane and shooting things down.

We're also talking about piloting a Valkyrie in battroid mode - about perhaps taking small fragile humans into your hands, about being able to take the clothes off of a Zendradi officer and put them on your battroid...

Don't forget, doing all that while (unintentionally) wooing a hot green haired space babe (arguably the most important bit)!

That's almost as good as wooing a whole fleet of them. ^_^

Don't forget, doing all that while (unintentionally) wooing a hot green haired space babe (arguably the most important bit)!

That's almost as good as wooing a whole fleet of them. happy.gif

And how he kicked ass in a bar and a knife despite any combat experience outside of a cockpit. It seems to me the only thing that doesn't seem natural for the genius is getting back together with his ex-wife Milia in Macross 7.

Edited by Freiflug88

And how he kicked ass in a bar and a knife despite any combat experience outside of a cockpit. It seems to me the only thing that doesn't seem natural for the genius is getting back together with his ex-wife Milia in Macross 7.

It's for their own good, with all the "tandem seat action" he was getting, he was probably getting too tired out, that and seven (plus 1 adopted) kids is enough. That, and it probably makes the bridge bunnies love him more (LOL at Sally stealing a kiss).

It's for their own good, with all the "tandem seat action" he was getting, he was probably getting too tired out, that and seven (plus 1 adopted) kids is enough.

Yeah, the only thing the genius Max couldn't figure out how to use was birth control. :lol:

That, and it probably makes the bridge bunnies love him more (LOL at Sally stealing a kiss).

I like to think that had the genius studied well under Sempai Focker, he would see the logic in placing Exesodel in charge of the bridge and partying with the bridge bunny every once in awhile. Conventional military force is useless againist the Prodevlin so why not just sit back and enjoy the sex, drugs, and Basara's rock n'roll!

I've learnt not to argue or ponder on any illogical issues in M7. ^_^

Well they had such a whirlwind courtship that maybe Max just wanted to experience the thrill of the chase that's why he's taking his time with her this time around.

Evn his sperm were "aces". :p

Yeah Max's "aces" pulled an Itano Circus and just weaved through holes in his Duramax Ultra Mega Thins. Those things just don't offer any protection...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBr98Nji-mA&feature=related :ph34r: .

Yeah...because when six or seven billion people have been killed in a Zentradi attack, the LAST thing we need is more babies! :p

Raising babies is only for the normal couples of Macross. The last thing a couple of Ace pilots that are passionately in love needs is a baby to worry about and take care of. Macross has shown time and time again that when Ace Couples form its only a matter of time until a monster with some vague connection to Protoculture shows up to try and kill them, but tends to happen faster when they show affection in a hanger bay. When this happens at least one of them will die UNLESS they happen to be rocking out to Basara's awesome music... Well then I quess babies are okay for Ace Couples as long as they always have a boombox with Firebomber music ready just in case.

I've learnt not to argue or ponder on any illogical issues in M7. ^_^

Most of M7 has started to make sense to me after realizing that Kawamori is the god of Macross, Basara is Jesus Christ, and music is the holy spirit or maybe I just listen to the Duet Version of Angel Voice too much...

Yeah Max's "aces" pulled an Itano Circus and just weaved through holes in his Duramax Ultra Mega Thins. Those things just don't offer any protection...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBr98Nji-mA&feature=related :ph34r: .

Most of M7 has started to make sense to me after realizing that Kawamori is the god of Macross, Basara is Jesus Christ, and music is the holy spirit or maybe I just listen to the Duet Version of Angel Voice too much...

Aw, but I'm the one who likes to make innuendous references to Macross... :unsure:

And there's no such thing as too much.

That's the greatest - I love the duet version. So heart warming and moving.

Pete

Agreed.

AMEN!

...or should that be...

BOMBA!!!

Edited by d3v

That's the greatest - I love the duet version. So heart warming and moving.

Pete

Sadly, the duet (and Mari version in general for that matter), is one of the few Macross songs I don't have.