I've come full circle.

drkstar00

• 2 weeks later...

Hell I don't need no support charts to get Yammies. ^_^

The decision can't be through a rational process to get a dozen of the essentially same toy only different in head unit and colors and still feel happy about it.

P.S. I like my girl thin.

Edited by ff95gj

I do too, but frankly, do you want a girl who suffers arm fractures all the time just because of normal behaviour like sitting on a coach? :lol:

coaches can be very jostling experiences what with all the horses galloping and what not, plus the old wooden wheels had sh!t for shock absorption.

Which toy is so delicate that it would break while just sitting there?

... :blink:

If none, that is a meaningless example.

Okay, that's it, it's official. MW members do suffer from selective amnesia.

Unless the broken shoulders on the 1/60 ver. 2 Valks don't count as broken arms.

just like I prefer my ipod over my aiwa personal cassette player,

why? ipod sounds like absolute feces. aiwa made some beautiful portable cassette players, nice and slim with full alloy bodies and you can easily get better sound off a well mastered analogue cassette than out of a tinny ipod playing digital MP3s. A better comparison would be tape to Hi MD. Now Hi MD is a newer format that truly is a worthy of praise. ipod is complete garbage, if it were a valkyrie it would be a rough approximation of a valkyrie made with popsicle sticks and held together with spit.

Edited by MilSpex

why? ipod sounds like absolute feces. aiwa made some beautiful portable cassette players, nice and slim with full alloy bodies and you can easily get better sound off a well mastered analogue cassette than out of a tinny ipod playing digital MP3s. A better comparison would be tape to Hi MD. Now Hi MD is a newer format that truly is a worthy of praise. ipod is complete garbage, if it were a valkyrie it would be a rough approximation of a valkyrie made with popsicle sticks and held together with spit.

Are you kidding? Cassette sounds like garbage. Maybe the very first dozens listenings but eventually that tape gets pulled and stretched, the sound gets distorted, you get hiss and pop because you're dragging a tape over the head, the tape and head get dirty as the rubber rollers dry out and start to flake off onto the tape.

Heaven help you if you leave it out in the sun too long. As a portable medium it fails because anything over light walking can cause the tape/head alignment to suffer, FFWDing or rewinding only hastens the death of the cassette, song seeking makes it worse, battery life sucks because it's a mechanical device, there's a crapload of little springs and gears that give out and die over time.

Granted most MP3s you buy from itunes or wherever suck because the sample rate is too low but with a decent bitrate an MP3 or AAC file will blow the pants off most any cassette, *especially* a custom personal mix tape. Which BTW, is so much easier to organize and do digitally than sitting there for an hour or more recording one song at a time...

Besides, I don't know about you, but I'm listening to my ipod out on the street, walking, jogging, on the train, in the plane... I don't drag my studio monitors out in public and I certainly don't have the volume turned up high enough where it would matter.. I like to be able to actually hear the sounds of the environment around me so that, you know, I don't get run over or miss my stop.

Unless the broken shoulders on the 1/60 ver. 2 Valks don't count as broken arms.

no, we just don't b!tch and moan endlessly over something that happened a year ago, or 5 years ago, or 10 years ago. The 1/60 ver 2.0 had *1* release that had widespread problems and if you were local the fix was free and if you were overseas it cost 8 bucks to get it fixed. We're a half dozen releases in and no more issues.

Meanwhile the DX hasn't fixed anything, not the sculpt issues, not the design issues, the issues with the paint flaking off or the QC issues or the joints that are so tight people are afraid it will snap the screw that holds it together. Further, accessories that Yamato includes for free, bandai makes you buy one at a time, paying through for "web exclusives".

The VF-0 had issues with shoulders too. So did the YF-19. And outside of shoulder issues, mysterious spontaneous breakages on other parts still occur. However, you're right that these were products from 06-07, so hopefully we've moved beyond that. *crossing fingers* I haven't forgotten, I just hope we never have to remember =P

Edited by Cent

The VF-0 had issues with shoulders too. So did the YF-19. And outside of shoulder issues, mysterious spontaneous breakages on other parts still occur. However, you're right that these were products from 06-07, so hopefully we've moved beyond that. *crossing fingers* I haven't forgotten, I just hope we never have to remember =P

Yeah, the VF-0 did.. but the yf-19? I remember a handful of incidents but nothing that was as widespread... mine is okay at least and that's all that matters. :lol:

Mines great too lol. Hows that for irony. But the YF-19 has had a lot of neck issues, in terms of widespread breakage prone areas, although it varied from neck cracking to tab damage. They had shoulder/arm breaks too, but not so common.

Mines great too lol. Hows that for irony. But the YF-19 has had a lot of neck issues, in terms of widespread breakage prone areas, although it varied from neck cracking to tab damage. They had shoulder/arm breaks too, but not so common.

I remember the neck hinge issue... mine is fine as well... I guess I just have the luck of the scream man when it comes to the yf-19... lord knows my 3 0a's were chock ful of explody shoulder goodness.

wow, analogue fanboy. I have not seen one of those in a while. :rolleyes:

seriously, analogue formats can't even come close to the convince of an MP3 player. 1,500 songs plus photos and video's on a player that's has 24 hours of battery life and is the size of a single TAPE, no contest what I'd rather travel with. The whole argument of sound quality is worthless anyways though unless you have rediculously expensive speakers/headphones anyways, going from shitty little ear buds and $10 drug store headphones to nice quality DJ/studio monitors produces orders of magnitude more improvement in sound quality than changing formats (of course if I'm taking BART or something I'm not bringing my good headphones with me anyways.)

And if you ARE in your home and you DO have high enough quality stereo equipment and you're dead set on using analogue, why not just use Vinyl?

wow, analogue fanboy. I have not seen one of those in a while. :rolleyes:

seriously, analogue formats can't even come close to the convince of an MP3 player. 1,500 songs plus photos and video's on a player that's has 24 hours of battery life and is the size of a single TAPE, no contest what I'd rather travel with. The whole argument of sound quality is worthless anyways though unless you have rediculously expensive speakers/headphones anyways, going from shitty little ear buds and $10 drug store headphones to nice quality DJ/studio monitors produces orders of magnitude more improvement in sound quality than changing formats (of course if I'm taking BART or something I'm not bringing my good headphones with me anyways.)

And if you ARE in your home and you DO have high enough quality stereo equipment and you're dead set on using analogue, why not just use Vinyl?

Speaking of coming full circle, there are people out there who prefer vinyl. While digital media is far superior in terms of portability and storage considerations, there are folks who prefer analogue over digital because it doesn't suffer from lossy compression and can clearly tell the difference in sound quality without having high quality equipment.

Edited by Vifam7

Speaking of coming full circle, there are people out there who prefer vinyl. While digital media is far superior in terms of portability and storage considerations, there are folks who prefer analogue over digital because it doesn't suffer from lossy compression and can clearly tell the difference in sound quality without having high quality equipment.

I buy that argument but it really only holds up to the first couple times th record is played. After that the nature of the medium takes its toll on the sound quality.

The arms break easier than desired, true. The arms do not break "just sitting in a coach", according to your example which exaggerated the case. That's my point.

In fact I have not heard any broken arms report from another local forum. According to your regional-QC-discrimination theory, only the Japanese stocks are suffering so that is not a problem maybe? :lol:

I have tons of vinyl in my house, I like the feel of it. Plus the packaging for the discs are usually works of art. I also like that the player is simple enough that I can take it apart and put it back together if I need to (and I did need to a couple of weeks ago when it rained so heavily while the window was open that EVERYTHING got completely soaked).

On the go, though, there's so much background noise that whatever you're listening to will always get a high percentage of sound drowned right out of it, so it's cheapo tiny MP3 players all the way for me. And if I'm planning to ride a train, then it's the PSP. I listen to MP3s on the way to the station, then switch to movies or games while everyone else around me sleeps.

I used to have lots of tapes and Walkmen/Walkmans, but seriously, changing discs/tapes on the go is just too impractical. All my tape players broke down, too. My 11/12-year old Panasonic portable CD player is still kickin', though.

At the end of the day, the thing is what you are going to use it for, what do you want it for. This applies to both digital/analogue and Yamato/Bandai.

My drunk buddies singing KTV (karaoke) ... bestest quality evar!

Oh, I noticed a problem on my Macross Decision Chart lol. Apparently the durability arrow to Bandai is double sided. I assure everyone this is an error and I wasn't implying anything else.

Edited by Ghost Train