Macross Sitajiki (pencilboard)

Save

Will be posting up a few more later. I actually do know what they are made for but when I first saw them I just thought they were over sized trading cards.

post-3328-1247029140_thumb.jpg post-3328-1247029154_thumb.jpg

post-3328-1247203089_thumb.jpg post-3328-1247203106_thumb.jpg

post-3328-1247203119_thumb.jpg

Just noticed I spelled Shitajiki wrong.

Edited by Save

Will be posting up a few more later. I actually do know what they are made for but when I first saw them I just thought they were over sized trading cards.

You're probably in the majority in your initial assessment: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=27099 . As far as I know, it's still a "card poster" to thegunny. Though, if you're collecting them, they basically are over-sized trading cards.

I have a few myself; maybe I'll try to post 'em when I've got the time.

Edited by veffidas

You're probably in the majority in your initial assessment: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=27099 . As far as I know, it's still a "card poster" to thegunny. Though, if you're collecting them, they basically are over-sized trading cards.

I have a few myself; maybe I'll try to post 'em when I've got the time.

I still see you don't get out much. You really should, the real world isn't all that bad.

could you explain what they're use for? (honestly don't know)

The Wikipedia link is useful: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shitajiki .

I still see you don't get out much. You really should, the real world isn't all that bad.

Well, the real world is pretty much only concerned about Michael Jackson's death right now, so I'm probably not missing too much. :rolleyes: (There's also the Honduran coup, Obama's renewed Russian relations, etc., but MJ still pretty much has taken the cake recently.)

If you're going to talk about Macross Frontier stuff, i.e. anything produced after it stopped being updated, it's not going to have it. However, for, say, Macross TV/DYRL, it's probably around 95-99.9% complete. (I'd say there might be a couple IMAI or ARII ones that are essentially advertisements for their products that aren't specifically Macross, but the ones specifically for Macross are essentially covered.)

Edited by veffidas

• 1 year later...

I wasn't sure if these belonged here or in the modern trading cards thread... these are medium sized plastic cards for the Macross Frontier movie. I think some shops have it listed as "Visual Bromide", but I'm not sure what that means or if its a fuzzy translation. They came in individual plastic sleeves and can be purchased by the box-set or in vending machines (I think).

Theres also a regular set for the series, but I can't get to those right now...

post-777-127947126027_thumb.jpg

post-777-127947126481_thumb.jpg

post-777-127947126877_thumb.jpg

post-777-127947127307_thumb.jpg

post-777-127947127709_thumb.jpg

post-777-127947128228_thumb.jpg

post-777-127947129417_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/12/2018 at 9:37 AM, jvmacross said:

There called "pencilboards" for a reason....:rolleyes:

Yeah but over here we would just use a notebook or desk. Why use something like that with good artwork? And the ones I have aren't that sturdy either.

7 hours ago, JetJockey said:

Yeah but over here we would just use a notebook or desk. Why use something like that with good artwork? And the ones I have aren't that sturdy either.

That's just it....when produced they were not intended for "over here"....thus your confusion on their practicality 

These were meant for grade school kids....they were meant to be mass consumables not cherished treasures....

20 hours ago, jvmacross said:

That's just it....when produced they were not intended for "over here"....thus your confusion on their practicality 

These were meant for grade school kids....they were meant to be mass consumables not cherished treasures....

What grades would you consider grade school?

• 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...