Favorite Mode for your Valkyrie

Draykov

What is your favorite mode on variable fighters, in general?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite mode on variable fighters, in general?

• Fighter
    • Gerwalk
    • Battroid
    • Fighter w/ FAST Packs
    • Gerwalk w/ FAST Packs
    • Battroid w/ FAST Packs
    • Depends on my mood/I can't decide

I imagine this has been done before at some point, but I thought I'd ask. What is your favorite mode to display your VF-1 toys in? If you prefer another variable fighter, feel free to contribute in the form of a post, but be sure to specify what toy you're referring to.

Personally, my choice all depends on my mood. Variety is the spice of life, so my display shelves tend to change every couple of weeks or so. I tend to go for the clean (without FPs) fighter mode first and foremost. Some of you must be thinking "What's the point of getting a transforming airplane toy if you don't transform it?" It just really appeals to me. But, like I said, I like to switch it up from time to time.

Fighter mode and then Battloid. I never did care about the Gerwalk mode. Like, what's the point of that mode? You can use the hands in Battloid mode alone and still fly and hover.

I think it's mainly for the S/VTOL style of flight. In atmosphere, I imagine you can move around in gerwalk more quickly and efficiently than in battroid (unless your intent is to "footsoldier" it, that is) and you gain the ability to hover which you lack in fighter mode.

Edited by Draykov

Standard VF-1? Gerwalk. Best of fighter and battroid though fighter mode is a close second for it's realism.

Super Valkyrie (VF-1)? Fighter mode. Just looks too cool, with Gerwalk a close second. With the VF-1, Battroid gets little love from me. ;)

VF-19: Fighter mode. Battroid 2nd. Gerwalk a distant 3rd

VF-22 (favorite valk so far): Battroid. Love that Q-rau look with Valkyie transformability. Fighter a close second. Gerwalk gets little love from me.

I voted while thinking of the VF-1.

Fighter with FAST Packs first, normal fighter a close second.

My current 1/48 display breakdown is like this: -

Fighter w/FP = 2pcs.

Fighter = 1pc.

Battroid w/FP =4pcs.

Battroid = 1pc.

Gerwalk =1pc.

The only reason I don't have more on display in fighter mode is because of lack of display space.

Graham

Fighter with FAST Packs first, normal fighter a close second.

My current 1/48 display breakdown is like this: -

Fighter w/FP = 2pcs.

Fighter = 1pc.

Battroid w/FP =4pcs.

Battroid = 1pc.

Gerwalk =1pc.

The only reason I don't have more on display in fighter mode is because of lack of display space.

Graham

Mine are currently set up like this:

1/60

VF-1A Hikaru & Max: Battroid (no FPs, but that goes without saying)

VF-1A CF: Gerwalk (and the back-seater from the VF-1D has taken the controls of my CF pretty effectively)

VF-1D, VF-1J Max & Miria: Fighter (no FAST packs)

VF-1J Hikaru and VF-1S Roy: Battroid with super/strike packs respectively

1/48

VF-1S Roy: Fighter (no FAST packs)

VF-1A Hikaru: Fighter w/ FAST packs

Ya know, looking at some of the pics in this thread made me realize one of the things I really love about Yamato's 1/48: the ger-fighter mode!

Edit: Also known as "reverse" to Valkyrie pilots. :lol:

vf1a_gerwalk6.JPG

Edited by Draykov

It depends of the valk

I prefer gerwalk 'cause is the middle point in the transformation (half fighter, half battroid). I think is the most representative mode in a valk too. Yo can find a lot of toys in "fighter" and "battroid" mode (or the equivalent :p )but only macross toys in gerwalk :lol:

Vf-11B looks better in fighter mode IMHO

Edited by Battlepod

Yes! The Yamato's have the BEST Gerwalk mode it seems! I think that comes from the Yamato's having the best articulation + the best lookin fighter mode. ^_^

I like the Fighter + Fastpack Mode of vf-1's... just look so classical, elegant and at the same time, powerful and aggressive! Reminds me of a 1967 Mustang Coupe, subtle, elegant, classical, powerful and aggressive!! **Vroom!**

Ya know, looking at some of the pics in this thread made me realize one of the things I really love about Yamato's 1/48: the ger-fighter mode!

vf1a_gerwalk6.JPG

w00t! thats my valk! :D (im the creator of that thread, alex_jb) gerwalk is my fav mode in general, especially becacuse it looks imposing on the 1/48

Edited by Valkyrie Nut

Gerwalk!!! Cant really explain why but when i first transform my 1/48 from fighter to gerwalk, i think it has the best gerwalk pose when compare to 1/60 and bandai. I will not comment on the MPC <_<

It is nice to see such a stable, and at the same time poseable, gerwalk mode in a VF-1 toy.

It depends on which valk it is. I always associate my toys with the most memorable scenes from the anime.

Example's:

VF-1D - I love it in Gerwalk.

Hikaru's 1J - Definately Battroid. I picture it always floating in front of the Macross.

Roy's 1S - Battroid with hands up in the air. The scene where they all are caputered in DYRL.

Ostrich and Elint - Favorite is fighter mode.

I love all three modes, I can't choose a favorite.

the secret "Fourth Mode" :p

I think all modes have their own charm

ofcourse talking Pure agressive looks I'd choose the fightermode with FP's and fully armed

nothing says "Die You B@st@rd!!!" more than that

but in my house you'll mostly find them in fightermode cause of stability

hate to see one nosedive off the shelf, and that chance is bigger in Gerwalk-/Battroid mode

Until I get three 1/48 yammies, I'll be constantly switching between the modes. I had my 1/48 low-vis in gerwalk mode with fastpacks for the longest time, but decided I needed to show it off in battroid mode. I usually don't keep it in fighter mode, just transform it whenever I wanna fly it around :lol: cuz I the gap under the cockpit unsightly. Need to get me some of those display stands.