i just noticed...

mildred

i just re-watched macross plus, and noticed that there was a scene where a missile was fired from the yf-19's fast pack/leg armor (it sort of flipped open and released a missile at the yf-21). does anyone know why this feature was not incorporated into yamato's yf-19? any modders out there who have, or would like to, try it?

i just re-watched macross plus, and noticed that there was a scene where a missile was fired from the yf-19's fast pack/leg armor (it sort of flipped open and released a missile at the yf-21). does anyone know why this feature was not incorporated into yamato's yf-19? any modders out there who have, or would like to, try it?

Because the inside of the 1/60 yf-19 leg is pretty much filled with the landing gear box and foot mechanics. There's very little free space inside.

Chock it up to anime magic.

Because the inside of the 1/60 yf-19 leg is pretty much filled with the landing gear box and foot mechanics. There's very little free space inside.

Chock it up to anime magic.

i was under the impression that the missile was stored in the fastpack leg armor, not the leg itself...

I'm pretty sure it's in the yf-19 itself and the FAST packs just swing up with the bay door.

The macross mecha manual has the weapons bay listed for the stock yf-19

http://www.new-un-spacy.com/macrossplus/yf-19.htm

Bombs & Missiles:

2 x Stonewell/Roice B-7 standard internal pallets (mounted ventral side fuselage in Fighter mode, lower legs in GERWALK/Battroid modes) featuring air-to-air/air-to-ground general-purpose micro-missile pallets, Bifors BMM-24 all-regime high-maneuverability micro-missile cluster, OR 2 x [4 x] B-19A YF-19-exclusive internal weapons pallets.

4 x chaff dispensers (mounted aft)

Yea, the YF-19 carries all its ammunition internally... Which is a pretty damn tall order once you see that ALL of the missiles comes out of the bottom half of its legs. In one scene though, you do see the YF-19 with arm-mounted cannons.... Which you never see again, btw.

Yea, the YF-19 carries all its ammunition internally... Which is a pretty damn tall order once you see that ALL of the missiles comes out of the bottom half of its legs. In one scene though, you do see the YF-19 with arm-mounted cannons.... Which you never see again, btw.

It's can't transform with the heavy weapons cluster.

yf-19-weapon.gif

Considering how decked GBPs were when they sacrificed the ability to transform.... The YF-19s non-transforming armor/weapon packs is quite underwhelming.

probebly why it was never seen again.

Actually, the YF-19 should at least be able to transform to gerwalk mode with the arm pack attached. I don't think the extra hardware should get in the way of anything that's moving about.

well it can't transform to fighter in any case. (gets in the way of the shield and the leg and the other arm.)