is this a bandai chunky 1/55 release?

JET7

is this a bandai,takatoku ..? sorry im just new to it

just saw this one on the net a long time ago, i kept it on my hardrive for its such a nice thing to look at..

my full acknowledgement to the owner of this pic... (i do hope your a member of this forum also) :)

i was wondrin how he did the head and he was able to move/split the legs of the battroid.. im just amazed :rolleyes:

14group1fn7.jpg

16group3gt4.jpg

1dfighter2wu8.jpg

13triodd5.jpg

Edited by JET7

I don't understand about the "move/split" the legs? And ...I don't understand about the head either??

But yes - those are Bandai 1/55 if I'm not mistaken.

Looks like some of the hands are customed?

Pete

If I'm not mistaken, those are Jung Chao customs... like the ones Emerson has for sale. I'm not nearly old enough to remember it, but those were the pinnacle of Macross toy-dom before the modern push. The hands on the MM pair have been replaced with something else for sure, and the heads are customized... I think you'll find the nosecone shape has been tweaked as well.

Still not sure what the OP is actually asking about the legs tho... the 1/55 has articulated legs.

i was wondrin how he did the head and he was able to move/split the legs of the battroid.. im just amazed :rolleyes:

The VF-1S and VF-1J heads are custom heads sculpted by Rob.

As for the legs on the Max & Milia VF-1J's, they use custom metal connectors/joints that were machined by fulcy. The custom connectors are attached at the hip to allow the legs to spread out. These VF's are also equipped with fulcy's custom ankles and feet. The ankles feature a ball-joint to take advantage of the extra versatility offered by his custom hip connectors.

Finally, all the paint jobs were done by Jung. His work speaks for itself.

Emerson is still selling some of these over here. Be sure to check them out. B))

As for the legs on the Max & Milia VF-1J's, they use custom metal connectors/joints that were machined by fulcy. The custom connectors are attached at the hip to allow the legs to spread out. These VF's are also equipped with fulcy's custom ankles and feet. The ankles feature a ball-joint to take advantage of the extra versatility offered by his custom hip connectors.

Emerson is still selling some of these over here. Be sure to check them out. B))

Hehe, thanks for the shout out!

Only the VF-1S trio is left. Now that I see these pics again, I feel a bit of an ache haha. Jung and all the studs who contributed to these customs really did an amazing job transforming old Jetfires into these pieces. Just wanted to add that the hands on the Max and Millia are cast from an MG Sazabi kit.

Some of our Macross fans can achieve what 2 mega toy companies fail to do properly - make a great VF-1 toy instead of just a good one.

I'm still so very impressed by the works done by these old-timers. Just compare Jung's paint schemes to the latest Year 2009 1/60 "weathered edition" by Yamato. I know which one I will buy straight away and which one I won't be touching with a 10 foot pole.

I guess Minmay was right - love can indeed overcome all obstacles. ^_^

Too bad mega toy companies don't practice what the anime series preach. <_<

Edited by blacklotus

I must say..... i haven't heard the term "Fulcy's hips" and "Jung's customs" for a long long time! I remember that there was someone who did resin recasts of the strike cannon (as well as the rest of the the super armor) as well..... aah, those were the days!

Hehe, thanks for the shout out!

.....Just wanted to add that the hands on the Max and Millia are cast from an MG Sazabi kit.

Woah...Thanks for the info. I have a MG Sazabi 1/100 kit still in the box. Guess it's time for me to do some minor mod to my VF-22S. Let's see if it'll fit the 1/60 toy. ^_^

I remember that there was someone who did resin recasts of the strike cannon (as well as the rest of the the super armor) as well..... aah, those were the days!

Speaking of this, anyone know where I could find recasts of the missiles and the front halves of the Fast Packs for a Bandai 1/55 Strike Valkyrie?

Some of our Macross fans can achieve what 2 mega toy companies fail to do properly - make a great VF-1 toy instead of just a good one.

I'm still so very impressed by the works done by these old-timers. Just compare Jung's paint schemes to the latest Year 2009 1/60 "weathered edition" by Yamato. I know which one I will buy straight away and which one I won't be touching with a 10 foot pole.

I guess Minmay was right - love can indeed overcome all obstacles. ^_^

Too bad mega toy companies don't practice what the anime series preach. <_<

Screw love, it's about money. A 1/60 v2 with Yamato's weathering versions cost less than $200 $150 for a v.2 1/60. Same toy with the quality of work Jung did would easily be $400+. If you're willing to pay more than twice the price for better weathering than what Yamato's doing now go right ahead and commission someone to do the work or try to convince Yamato that enough people feel the same to make it worth their while.

Edited by anime52k8

im greatly honored to see the owner of the pics replying here in my thread.. my hats off to you sir! such great hands and great shots as well ^_^

i had this pic for a very long time.. not to mention my inspiration to collect chunkies.. just im deeply puzzled how you where able to spread out (hehe sorry if ive sead split) the legs of MM..for 3 years or so.. now i know how youve done it :rolleyes:

and the hands too.. very great..

can i guess you made this mods/pics long before yamato made the v1 or v2 toys?

just awesome :)

im greatly honored to see the owner of the pics replying here in my thread.. my hats off to you sir! such great hands and great shots as well ^_^

i had this pic for a very long time.. not to mention my inspiration to collect chunkies.. just im deeply puzzled how you where able to spread out (hehe sorry if ive sead split) the legs of MM..for 3 years or so.. now i know how youve done it :rolleyes:

and the hands too.. very great..

can i guess you made this mods/pics long before yamato made the v1 or v2 toys?

just awesome :)

I WISH I had the skills to do this customization work. The customs above are all done by Jung Chao (Jung on these forums, though he rarely posts here anymore.) The VF-1S trio were some of his earlier works, and featured just a few of the technical innovations that he began to incorporate with the help of custom-engineered parts from Fulcy, et al. The trio was originally commissioned by old-timer Jerry Tsai (VF-1X), but I purchased them from him several years ago.

The VF-1D is a later custom that I purchased from Jung directly, via eBay. During this "period" of his work, he had begun heavy detailing work in the cockpits, including handpainting all the panels, and including pilots...in this case Hikaru with Minmay.

The Super M&M pair I commissioned directly, and they represent Jung's 1/55 custom in its highest form. In addition to his own customizations (weathered paint, Sazabi hands, pilots and cockpits, gunstrap and gunpod, etc., etc.,) it features all the available "after-market" innovations available: Fulcy's A-stance (e.g. "spreadable") hips and feet, Rob's head, Erich's nosecone, Chris' heatshield, etc.

I had to source 2 separate Jetfires from eBay...ratty, yellow Jetfires, but complete with armor. I then purchased the VF-1J heads, heatshields, Fulcy hips/feet, etc....then sent all the parts to Jung for his magic. Et Voila! That's what you see in the stead of said ratty Jetfires.

These customs were all made before or during the first years of the V1 1/60 from Yamato. Once the feature-laden 1/48's started coming out in 2002, these became the preferred base for the customizers out there.

Anyway, all but the VF-1S trio have moved onto other homes now. Hope they're all doing well out there! :)

Edited by emerson

I WISH I had the skills to do this customization work. The customs above are all done by Jung Chao (Jung on these forums, though he rarely posts here anymore.) The VF-1S trio were some of his earlier works, and featured just a few of the technical innovations that he began to incorporate with the help of custom-engineered parts from Fulcy, et al. The trio was originally commissioned by old-timer Jerry Tsai (VF-1X), but I purchased them from him several years ago.

The VF-1D is a later custom that I purchased from Jung directly, via eBay. During this "period" of his work, he had begun heavy detailing work in the cockpits, including handpainting all the panels, and including pilots...in this case Hikaru with Minmay.

The Super M&M pair I commissioned directly, and they represent Jung's 1/55 custom in its highest form. In addition to his own customizations (weathered paint, Sazabi hands, pilots and cockpits, gunstrap and gunpod, etc., etc.,) it features all the available "after-market" innovations available: Fulcy's A-stance (e.g. "spreadable") hips and feet, Rob's head, Erich's nosecone, Chris' heatshield, etc.

I had to source 2 separate Jetfires from eBay...ratty, yellow Jetfires, but complete with armor. I then purchased the VF-1J heads, heatshields, Fulcy hips/feet, etc....then sent all the parts to Jung for his magic. Et Voila! That's what you see in the stead of said ratty Jetfires.

These customs were all made before or during the first years of the V1 1/60 from Yamato. Once the feature-laden 1/48's started coming out in 2002, these became the preferred base for the customizers out there.

Anyway, all but the VF-1S trio have moved onto other homes now. Hope they're all doing well out there! :)

thank you very much for sharing the toys history.. thumbs up for the priceless effort :)

Memory lane.......

I still have far too much 1/55 stuff ready to customise. But nowadays I dont do toys and spend too much time on my bike and car to really do anything :(

I don't think those have the fulcy hips though. I think they're standard, correct me if I'm wrong emerson. Though the feet look like they were resculpted.

Man those customs are so old, I'm pretty sure even fulcy had his hips replaced by now... lol

I don't think those have the fulcy hips though. I think they're standard, correct me if I'm wrong emerson. Though the feet look like they were resculpted.

Man those customs are so old, I'm pretty sure even fulcy had his hips replaced by now... lol

Hey, EXO. The M&M pair have the generation 2 fulcy hips. The other dudes have standard issue.