The Transformers 3 Thread--A Michael Bay Thread

Transformers 3  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What would you want in Transformers 3?

• Unicron
    • Dinobots
    • More Triple-Changers
    • Omega Supreme and more Gestalts
    • More robots and less human characters
    • A better actress than Megan Fox
    • Mudflap and Skids blown to pieces
    • A better group of script writers
    • A more competent director than Michael Bay / Zoom the camera out during fight scenes
    • Michael Bay's head on a stake
  2. 2. Will Transformers 3 suffer from the "Third Movie Syndrome"?

• Yes
    • No

Love it or hate it, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen has become a box office phenomenon. And even before it was released, talks of a third Transformers film already surfaced.

Transformers 3 is set for release on July 1, 2011. Returning to the production team are direcctor/producer Michael Bay, producers Steven Spielberg, Lorenzo Di Bonaventura, Ian Bryce, Tom DeSanto and Don Murphy, and screenplay writer Ehren Kruger. Writers Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman have opted not to return in the third installment, citing a lack of interest.

Shia LaBeouf, Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson, Ramon Rodriguez, Kevin Dunn and Julie White are confirmed to reprise their roles. Megan Fox was fired by Paramount Pictures. The fate of her character is unknown, but Rosie Huntington-Whiteley will play Sam's new girlfriend. John Malkovich and Frances McDormand will also star in the film. Tony Todd, who voiced The Fallen in the last film, will appear as a human character.

As for voices, it wouldn't be Transformers without Peter Cullen, would it? Aside from Optimus Prime and Bumblebee, Ironhide and Ratchet will return. James Avery, best known as Philip Banks in The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, will voice Silverbolt. Bay has stated that the Twins are gone, but two Chevrolet Sparks sporting Autobot symbols were spotted during production. He also said a new Autobot will be in the form of a red Ferrari 458 Italia, while a black Dodge Charger SRT-8 will be one of the new Decepticons.

So, what do you want to see in the new Transformers film?

1) Wide-angle action shots where I can clearly see who's fighting who!

2) One signature sequence of a Transformer going back and forth between modes multiple times, kicking ass, and dodging enemy fire (like say Sideswipe or Arcee driving headlong into a row of Decepticons, transforming into bot mode to destroy one Decepticon, going back into alt mode to dodge the attack of another Decepticon, using this alt mode to get behind this opponent, and then transforming back to bot mode to attack this opponent from behind). Just something jaw-droppingly crazy and imaginative as hell.

They're robots that can change into cars/planes. Do something creative with that feature!

Had to go for script writers. As hopeless as Bay is, these films needs some sort of intelligent dialogue if they are going to be any good. Witty banter, not lots of grunting and crap.

Taksraven

I voted for dinobots. As much as I love Omega supreme there's no chance we'll see him as a fortified rocket base that can magically teleport, had to go with Grimlock

Had to go for script writers. As hopeless as Bay is, these films needs some sort of intelligent dialogue if they are going to be any good. Witty banter, not lots of grunting and crap.

Taksraven

I think they should just give up on any attempt at adding dialogue at all. They might as well just make the third movie a 90 minute fight sequence, that's the only redeeming quality of these movies anyways.

2) One signature sequence of a Transformer going back and forth between modes multiple times, kicking ass, and dodging enemy fire (like say Sideswipe or Arcee driving headlong into a row of Decepticons, transforming into bot mode to fire an Itano Circus at one Decepticon, going back into alt mode to dodge the Itano Circus of another Decepticon, using this alt mode to get behind this opponent, and then transforming back to bot mode to attack this opponent from behind with a Gunpod). Just something jaw-droppingly crazy and imaginative as hell.

They're robots that can change into cars/planes. Do something creative with that feature!

Fixed it for you. ;):lol:

Edited by grss1982

Yeah, I was thinking about that the other day. G1 used to be more creative with that.

Notice how nobody is voting for the chick.

Taksraven

I'd like to see:

a different director

Prime actually be Prime and not some thickneck douchebag killing machine who wants faces

Slower paced action and wider shots where I can actually see and care about what's happening

Skids and Mudflap can stay as long as they adopt Bumblebee's voice defect.

Less explosions. Sorry, they're just not that interesting to me when they happen constantly.

No dogs humping

No robot humping

No robot testicles, or any testicles for that matter

No robots peeing, farting or giving facials with their gooey yellow robot spunk

Less focus on human characters

Less focus on military

More maturity. Honestly, Transformers Animated is more mature than ROTF and it's a children's show.

Edited by eriku

We're proud nerds through and through ^_^

Anyway, get me a better script writer. It's supposed to be a fun movie, so I don't really care about silly stuff as long as it is entertaining That's how I'm able to bloody enjoy Armageddon, even though I'm an aerospace freak - it's a fun movie, with rockets and explosions, directed by a guy who knows how to make rockets and explosion really cool; if I wanted something deeper I'd be watching Deep Impact (not to say that THAT one didn't have issues). But when I'm pull out of my fun trip because someone does something that even in context is so utterly stupid or doesn't make sense at all... well, the fun-makers ain't doing their job right.

And, yeah, cut it with LeBouf already! If we want to see people instead of robots in the movie, we'd rather see Megan.

I vote for better writers. Personally I think Michael Bay is fine as a director. He's not brilliant and he's not going to elevate mediocre material but whatever. Not being able to count or forgetting what a character was doing in the previous scene is all on the writers.

I can't believe I'm the only one who's voted for the death of Mudflap and Skids so far. I mean, sure, I'd love to see Unicron or Dinobots or some better writing, but the racist twins have got to go first.

Maybe the rest of you are hoping they won't even be in the second one to kill?

I can't believe I'm the only one who's voted for the death of Mudflap and Skids so far. I mean, sure, I'd love to see Unicron or Dinobots or some better writing, but the racist twins have got to go first.

better writers solves the racist twins problem. I didn't see them as the problem with TF2, just a symptom.

I dunno about the writers, I mean they are perfectly capable of writing a solid well liked script. They did do the new Trek after all. I guess I'd say more triple changers, maybe we'd see Springer that way.

I doubt the Robot designs will change.

Unicron would be pretty sweet, but I really don't know how that would work. The Dinobots too for that matter

Love them or hate them, I think the human elements is necessary.

Megan Fox content...meh, I don't mind her character, but i don't sit there and drool over her either.

I like Michael Bay...

Mudflap and Skids weren't that bad.

I'm not too savvy on Omega Supreme or Gestalts besides Devastator, so no comment I suppose.

I dunno about the writers, I mean they are perfectly capable of writing a solid well liked script. They did do the new Trek after all. I guess I'd say more triple changers, maybe we'd see Springer that way.

Anyone notice the small (is it Legends class?) Springer toy that came out with ROTF? Actually fairly decent, though not a triple-changer. Wish they'd make a bigger, more detailed one.

As for the robot designs changing, I'm probably in the minority here, but I like the designs. Yes, they took a while to grow on me, but by being SO different from any of the animated designs, none of the movie stuff feels like the same universe, so it doesn't bother me.

That's cause she can't sing, doesn't have long or short green hair, isn't named Sheryl Nome, doesn't pray naked in French, her boyfriend's not a pilot, and has the finess, grace and poise of the kind of girl you'd do in a trailer after beer, chips and bowling.

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

Pretty much, yes...

More robots, better dialogue/plotting/pacing/directing, less crude or juvenile humour would all be appreciated.

I don't know... I actually enjoyed the first one far more than I was expecting, then the second one was a disappointment, and now I don't know what to expect from the third. Sadly, I think it'll be more of the same. The box office speaks, and it's saying that people approve of the second one, so... more of the same, or even worse.

Unicron would be pretty sweet, but I really don't know how that would work. The Dinobots too for that matter

Love them or hate them, I think the human elements is necessary.

Megan Fox content...meh, I don't mind her character, but i don't sit there and drool over her either.

I like Michael Bay...

Mudflap and Skids weren't that bad.

I'm not too savvy on Omega Supreme or Gestalts besides Devastator, so no comment I suppose.

What he said.

Except for the last two points.

Sideswipe and Sunstreaker would've been better as the movie twins.

And I'd rather not have any more gestalts if they're gonna resemble movie Devastator. Dude's butt-ugly.

Its too bad you can't vote for 'better script writers' more than once. A real shame. Even if their one liners stay as lame as they are... Hopefully it'll mean improved storyline and better explanations.

'What if we leave and <unnecessary emphasis> you're </emph> wrong?'

*que dramatic silence*

'That's a good question.' *smug face*

........ I think if I had to do the voices/acting there, I would just drill a hole beneath me and bury myself after saying the lines.

Edited by Cent

SK should direct TF3. Lol.

And what's this Devastator testicle thing? I don't think I caught that.

Now how could you miss that scene?

It's in the scene where Devastator starts exposing the Sun Harvester from the tip of the pyramid.

Simmons: "I'm directly beneath...the robot's scrotum."

Uh... Leo Spitz? I don't remember him contributing all that much to the plot. Not like he should be anyway; he shouldn't even be in it. Why expand his role? That sounds like less time for the robots... Which is already what people complain about.

Who asked for more Leo Spitz????

QUOTE (Mog @ Jun 30 2009, 03:13 AM)

2) One signature sequence of a Transformer going back and forth between modes multiple times, kicking ass, and dodging enemy fire (like say Sideswipe or Arcee driving headlong into a row of Decepticons, transforming into bot mode to fire an Itano Circus at one Decepticon, going back into alt mode to dodge the Itano Circus of another Decepticon, using this alt mode to get behind this opponent, and then transforming back to bot mode to attack this opponent from behind with a Gunpod). Just something jaw-droppingly crazy and imaginative as hell.

Fixed it for you. ;):lol:

Would that necessarily be a bad thing? :lol::D

Regarding the bots' designs, I think part of the problem is that so many of them are grey, silver, or black, making hard to figure out who's who.

Also, the absolute lack of personalities with the secondary bots kinda makes it hard to care whether they live or die.

Uh... Leo Spitz? I don't remember him contributing all that much to the plot. Not like he should be anyway; he shouldn't even be in it. Why expand his role? That sounds like less time for the robots... Which is already what people complain about.

Who asked for more Leo Spitz????

Getting a little tired of explaining things to you...

Michael Bay likes dick and fart jokes, well dick and piss jokes.

Leo Spitz showed a willingness to use his penis as the punchline to numerous such jokes.

Therefore, Michael Bay loves Leo Spitz.

It's rather simple.

:lol:

Getting a little tired of explaining things to you...

Michael Bay likes dick and fart jokes, well dick and piss jokes.

And that's precisely why Michael Bay has GOT to go... And if he doesn't remove himself willingly, I know some guys who can make him an offer he can't refuse. Capeesh? B))

Serioulsly, the c0ck & b@lls crap is crude, immature, and is probably too low-brow even for folks who eat fried chicken out of a cardboard bucket... Or at least it should be.

The writers aren't the problem, it really is Bay. That little stunt with him locking them (Orci Kurtzman) in their hotel room until they finished the script is precisely the kind of two-dimensional, last-century "motivation" that does NOT bring out the best in people, nor encourage them to do great things... And that's why ROTF is the unfulfilled piece of crap film that it is. The man seems to ruin everything he touches, and frankly, if he has anything to do with the third film, I'll not only NOT pay any of my hard-earned money to see it, I will do everything in my power to discourage as many people as I can from contributing financially to his next cruel-prank-on-celluloid. :angry:

IMNSHO Michael Bay and this guy: Ehren Kruger are the folks to blame for the shortcomings

of the second film. Bay is remarkably incompetent at paying attention to detail or script/plot

flow. Kruger has bit of a rep of royally screwing up/rewriting scripts that other people

wrote. These two together did a marvelous job of taking Tf2 (which is chock full of eye candy)

and producing slick product but if one actually pay attention to anything other than explosions

or Fox's assets holds together worse that Jetfire's rusty carcass. After seeing Star Trek there

no way in hell I believe that the serious lack of focus in TF:ROTF is Orci and Kurtzman's fault.

Edited by Chindenathus

I dunno why we have 2 threads going. The other was locked and then was unlocked....

But I dont think locking writers in a room makes them better or worse necessarily. There are plenty of bad plotlines in hollywood movies, and the writer treatment must have varied massively. When it comes to bad plots, TF2 is bad, but not even close to being some of the worst. Can't blame it all on Bay.

Already voted for the most important, no bay, and no screen writers. I wish there was "NO MORE DICK, PISS, AND FART JOKES OR HUMPING!"

I don't car eif people wanna escape with explosions and actions -_- I want a story that I can embrace with it. It's not hard to make a giant robot storyline for f sakes.

Ya know what? Thinking about it, RoTF made me wanna watch G Savior, YEAH WHAT?! I said it! Made me wanna watch G Savior!

Edited by Hikuro