Are you spending too much for the 1/60 2.0?

Agent-GHQ

Just when I thought I had everything I wanted for the 1/48 line up until the debut of the 1/60 version 2. After my first purchased of the VF-1A Strike Valkyrie (H Ichijo) for $97 bucks shipped, I was SOLD! I love the new 1/60 line so much that I dropped about $2,500 bucks in one month (June '09).

That said, my feelings for the 1/48 line has little interest with the exception of the LV1, LV2, and the Stealth Strike Valkyrie set. So my question to all: How has the new 1/60 affect you?

Here's what I bought:

1. Super Osterich x 4

2. VF-1D x 4

3. Destroid Defender x 4

4. Destroid Tomahawk x 4

5. Strike/Super set x 6

6. VF-1S Strike H. Ichijo

7. VF-1A Strike H. Ichijo

8. VF-1J Super H. Ichijo

9. VF-1S Max DYRL

How has the new 1/60 affect me??

Of course my wallet! :lol: And the painful decision of which 1/48 I have to keep in the box.

I'm one of the few crazy suckers to have bought almost every piece, except the weathered versions. With the Yen not coming down any time soon, I'm paying the price or more of a Roy Fokker with S&S parts (when it is first released) for a new single VF produced almost every month by Yamato now.

Ah from your list I can tell the signs of another seriously ill Macross addict, beware! :lol:

I thought I'm ridiculous to have ordered VF-1D x 3. Are you preparing for a massive diorama or just so happen to buy for you friends as well? So how many VE-1 Elintseekers you be ordering? ^_^

And where's the Fokker love yo :lol:

Edited by hui

Ah from your list I can tell the signs of another seriously ill Macross addict, beware! :lol:
Where is that support group again?!

Are you preparing for a massive diorama or just so happen to buy for you friends as well? So how many VE-1 Elintseekers you be ordering? ^_^
Yes, for diorama project when I retire. As for the Elintseeker, just a case of 4 pieces.

And where's the Fokker love yo :lol:
Yikes, I forgot to add him.

It hasn't. unless i decide to buy the max tv vf-1a

It's a slippery slope. Got the 2.0 Roy when it came out and was really, really impressed with it. I had it sitting in fighter mode beside the v1 1/60s with custom decals. The new version was so much better though. Didn't want to justify another one so let it go. I hadn't even lurked here for a while and was trying to cut down on buying stuff, was making MG kits to pass the time. Came back here and saw the Mass Production versions and just knew that I had to get them for my own sanity as I never owned the limited original. Diecast content aside, the difference in quality between each revision was nagging away when I looked at them on the corner display unit

That was about a month ago and I'm replacing the v1s with the v2s at a rate of one every two weeks. So I was teetering at the top of the hill for about a year after that initial Focker v2, but a Max, Hikaru -1J and now a Cannon Fodder in quick succession and that's me rushing headlong to wallet oblivion. The only thing that's preventing me from the 1D is the pilots. I'd like to put regular guys in there.

No regrets though, Max on his flexidisplay, with the light refracting off the cockpit is very aesthetically pleasing in the flesh. Pics don't do it justice. It's got me watching the anime again and I still can't decide just what colour those cannon fodders should be...

Just when I thought I had everything I wanted for the 1/48 line up until the debut of the 1/60 version 2. After my first purchased of the VF-1A Strike Valkyrie (H Ichijo) for $97 bucks shipped, I was SOLD! I love the new 1/60 line so much that I dropped about $2,500 bucks in one month (June '09).

That said, my feelings for the 1/48 line has little interest with the exception of the LV1, LV2, and the Stealth Strike Valkyrie set. So my question to all: How has the new 1/60 affect you?

Here's what I bought:

1. Super Osterich x 4

2. VF-1D x 4

3. Destroid Defender x 4

4. Destroid Tomahawk x 4

5. Strike/Super set x 6

8. VF-1J Super H. Ichijo

9. VF-1S Max DYRL

Man, just when I got caught up on the 1/60 I took a look at what I am going to have to spend before the summer over; close to $1000.00 with everything coming out that I want. Thank God Macross toys are my only vice I have when it comes to collecting toys. :ph34r:

I have one of each every variant so far and picking up 2 of ve-1, vt-1, and CF 1A. I pass the weather Max 1S though.

I will pick up another set if the early version get released again in V2.1.

For those money I spent, I could have bought some nice bike from where I came from......

Though I was enthusiastic about the 2.0s when they were first announced, they actually ended up breaking my enthusiasm for Yamatos. I already had every variant I wanted from the previous 1/60 and 1/48 releases, and the insanity had to stop somewhere... So there it was.

Here's what I bought:

1. Super Osterich x 4

2. VF-1D x 4

3. Destroid Defender x 4

4. Destroid Tomahawk x 4

5. Strike/Super set x 6

8. VF-1J Super H. Ichijo

9. VF-1S Max DYRL

At least you don't collect girl figures. That'll add about another 1K to your expenditure on toys. It did to mine. ^_^

My collection so far on the new 1/60 valks:

1. 1/60 Perfect Transformation YF-19 25th Anniversary Model x1

2. 1/60 Perfect Trance VF-11B with Super Pack x1

3. 1/60 Perfect Transformation YF-21 x1

4. 1/60 Perfect Trance VT-1 Super Ostrich (Pre-ordered) x1

5. 1/60 Perfect Trance VE-1 Entry Seeker (Pre-ordered) x1

6. 1/60 Perfect Trance VF-22S Sturmvogel II Gamlin Custom (Pre-ordered) x1

I'm glad I'm just not into the VF-1's like most everyone else.

and I am glad that I only into VF-1 because other Yamato valkyries like M-plus are way too much expensive...... :ph34r:

I don't know why but valkries after DYRL never grow on me, M-plus are cool to grab but the rest of it like Macross 7 and Frontier are pieces of crap to me.

However, when it comes to variants, VF-1 has the most variants and you actually end up paying couple grands getting the whole line... :angry:

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, I stopped counting money when I counted it so much that I realized it was something best left to accountants.

Since then, I've only counted the wonderful figures added to my collection and other pelasant things in life.

Amongst the figures counted - 7 version 2.0 VF-1s.

Still got Kakizake TV and Max TV to get, as well as teh Ostrich and Elint seeker and that pretty much raps it up.

Kept my 1J 1/48 (the Hikaru 1J is my favorite color scheme for the 1J and is most symbolic of SDFM TV for me) as well as my Woodland 1A (because no body seems to want to buy it) :)

Pete

These days I ask myself if I can survive without multiples of the same toy? And where else can I put this money?

I was in a similar position in collecting toys, and up until last year I use to purchase 15 to 30 high end figures a year, and sometimes multiples of the same toy. This year thus far, one Valk and one $12 MGS figure. These days I rather tend to help the cat and dog orphanages, and spread awareness to stop the cruel killing of animals worldwide with the access money I have, instead of toys. But this is just me, and in no way am I condemning any collector as theirs & my purchases are helping people keep their jobs.

As for my Valk collection aside from Revotechs and Hase kits? Flogged the 1/48’s and V1’s since the announcement of the V2 1/60. Even my 1J Hiki recently, and only kept a 1J Hiki V1 1/60. At the moment waiting for the Hiki 1S V2 1/60 to be shipped, and after getting the M-M 1J’s, the Focker Low Vis, and the 0D whenever it’s made, I’m probably done collecting Yamatos. Probably will only succumb for a Low-vis or stealth 1J 1/60, along with a V2 Lum and obviously a Regult. And I’ll be satisfied with just those. :) OK, depending on the price of the 1J with armour and if ever a 1/60 SDF bridge is made, maybe those can be added to the list, if not, I can still live without them.

But damn, $2900 is almost half of what I spent on my rally sport last year. If I had that access cash I’ll rather go on a trip to Europe or Japan which is an experience filled with so many memories. Or if you haven’t already, then go to an air show and a buy a flight in a jet fighter. But whatever fills your life, and if it doesn’t harm anyone, then it’s all good. Still if you’ve created this thread, then you might be feeling uneasy in spending these amounts for toys? If so then maybe try to be selective on your choices? What I do to avoid compulsive buying I examine the toys’ pros and cons, and if I still really want it after a couple weeks, then I buy it. Usually that novelty must have sensation wares out after a few days, meaning I really didn’t want that figure. By doing this over the last year I’ve realized how many toys I didn’t really like 100%, and have no regrets in not getting them.

At the end, we won’t be able to take these toys with us when we die, so why have multiples of the same? :p In the world of Shikibane Hime, collectors die with regret from obsession (OCD, lol), and their dead bodies turn into a monstrous corpses that chow other people. (Yes, I love that anime series.) :)

But the sales from HLJ and Overdrive was hard to pass up!

Fair enough, been there many times. :)

And it will be even harder next year when they'll probably have VE, VT, M-M, non canon, fodders, and much more for sale... :(