1/72 Hasegawa Macross Zero VF-0D

nickster

Greetings!

This is my first time here and here is my contribution for the forums.

1/72 Hasgawa VF-0D from the Macross Zero series.

Here is how I did it.

Most of the interior details like the ejections seats, control panels pilot figures were handpainted.

Added a small minus mold on the seats.

post-12077-1245942322_thumb.jpg post-12077-1245942418_thumb.jpg post-12077-1245942474_thumb.jpg post-12077-1245942512_thumb.jpg post-12077-1245942824_thumb.jpg

The main parts were painted in combination of two shades of blue + white from GSI Creos for the blue part and aircraft white.

Metallic parts were painted with steel and highlighted with silver+steel.

Added 4 strips of styrene each on the inner part of the foot nozzles.

Drilled holes on the airbrake and painted the insides with steel.

post-12077-1245942687_thumb.jpg post-12077-1245942895_thumb.jpg post-12077-1245942989_thumb.jpg post-12077-1245944179_thumb.jpg

Placed the decals with the help of microsol to conform on panel lines.

Sprayed overall with gunze sangyo's semi-gloss clear.

polished the whole plane with micromesh.

The wash was made with black artist oils thinned with zippo lighter fluid. Wiped off excess with tissue paper.

post-12077-1245943381_thumb.jpg post-12077-1245943423_thumb.jpg post-12077-1245943445_thumb.jpg post-12077-1245943471_thumb.jpg

post-12077-1245943511_thumb.jpg post-12077-1245943557_thumb.jpg post-12077-1245943585_thumb.jpg post-12077-1245943611_thumb.jpg

post-12077-1245943622_thumb.jpg post-12077-1245943647_thumb.jpg

That's about it. Comments welcomed.

Nickster

You've made it seem so easy!

Hello Regult, I made the whole thing in 3 months time last year. :mellow:

Its was not that easy, because its my first time to experiment with gunze steel and silver for highlights.

My next project will be SV-51 Gamma with twin boosters and that will be posted on a day to day basis starting next month.

Thanks for the comment and hope to hear from you again.

Happy modeling!

Nick

Excellent work nickster. All the details and paint job are made very good.

I'm a totally amateur if it goes about macross models. Before I have collected only gundam models and if it goes about them, I only made panel lines and apply decals but when I see macross models from Hasegawa and works like this one from you or wm cheng I decided to finally buy airbrush and compressor and go "one level up" if it goes about work on model kits.

Welcome Nick and it looks great. Working with the steel finishes and such can be tough. You then coat it with clear coat and lose the whole affect you like before! Keep it up and we'll see you around. - MT

Excellent work nickster. All the details and paint job are made very good.

I'm a totally amateur if it goes about macross models. Before I have collected only gundam models and if it goes about them, I only made panel lines and apply decals but when I see macross models from Hasegawa and works like this one from you or wm cheng I decided to finally buy airbrush and compressor and go "one level up" if it goes about work on model kits.

Hello Paliodor,

Thanks. I also do gundams and that made me revive my modelling hobby sometime in 1989.

Airbrush is a bit pricey nowadays. But you dont have to buy everything right away.

You may start by buy a brand new airbrush then later a second hand compressor will do. Accessories like air regulator, water trap can follow.

In that way you wont be spending much. Honestly, I've completed my A/B stuff in about 5 years time, i usually use air cans before using a compressor.

Happy Modeling!

Welcome Nick and it looks great. Working with the steel finishes and such can be tough. You then coat it with clear coat and lose the whole affect you like before! Keep it up and we'll see you around. - MT

Thanks so much for the welcome MT. Its really a pain working with metallics... sometimes its frosting.

I have some expreience wth ALCLAD, sad to say, I have to cover it with clear and it really spoils the effect.

Happy Modeling, MT.

Edited by nickster

Juan Jovy, Skull-1, Miriya, ErikElvis,

Thanks for the Kudos... It inspires more modellers to do more projects.

Regards,

Nick

Thank for the advice.

First I will learn how to paint on my already finished gunpla kits, I probably choose 1/100 Saviour since it have quite easy design and color scheme. Of course I could buy one of the Hasegawa kits but I don't know if I will be enough good to finish it properly...

wow another pinoy modeller.. welcome po boss... sana makita ko models mo sa mga exhibits...

mejo kulang ung macross modellers satin,,

Hello Lethal,

Salamat sa pagbati. Di ko lang sigurado kung makakasama ako sa exhibits at kulang talaga oras ko sa work at hobby pag pinagsama.

Pero susubukan ko boss. Salamat uli.

<Subtitle: translated in english>

Thanks for the welcome. Im not sure if I can join the exhibits and I really dont have much time when work and hobby is combined. But I'll try Boss. Thanks again.

Beautiful work. Good to see you drilled out the holes in the airbrake too!

Andrew, PetarB,

Thanks for the comments. By the way, PetarB, Do you sculpt the 1/72 pilot figs?

Nick