Macross Ultimate Frontier for the Sony PSP.

UN Spacy

Cool, Speaker Pod Gamma, The gold Q-Rau from FOSW, forget the pilot's name (Chloe?) and the underwater Anti-UN mecha from Zero who's name also escapes me for the moment. Oh and the Destroid Cheyenne II from Frontier.

Can't wait!

Graham

The pilot's name was Chlore... Milia's supposed rival.

After watching the trailer, I'm kind of interested in seeing the final product... especially since it's actually got Macross II content in it. I didn't go back and read the last few pages, but I saw they've got at the very least a VF-2SS and a Gigamesh in there. This might be the game that finally convinces me the PSP is worth buying.

OMG this game JUST HAS TO HAVE FAST PACK KLAN KLAN, IT JUST HAS TO!! Damn I'm so happy Chlore is in it, and is it just me, or o all the models look, beefier? Beefer in a good way that is, all the recent picture's, including the trailer, everything just looks a bit bigger & more detailed.

Tried the game for 5 mins at TGS today (didnt see the point in playing longer since I know I'm going to buy it anyway).

The poly count on the valks is definately higher and the arenas seem just a bit bigger.

The new song assists (ie, when Sherryl takes up 75% of the screen) are disconcerting at first but cool once you get used to it.

Can't wait until it comes out....its only a week away now, after all :-)

post-9325-1253807817_thumb.jpg

post-9325-1253808002_thumb.jpg

Tried the game for 5 mins at TGS today (didnt see the point in playing longer since I know I'm going to buy it anyway).

The poly count on the valks is definately higher and the arenas seem just a bit bigger.

The new song assists (ie, when Sherryl takes up 75% of the screen) are disconcerting at first but cool once you get used to it.

Can't wait until it comes out....its only a week away now, after all :-)

post-9325-1253807817_thumb.jpg

post-9325-1253808002_thumb.jpg

Awesome, I can't wait. Although the greedy gamer in me now wants the types of upgrades applied back to the Gundam Battle series of games. BTW, what was that Mazinger game next to the display, a new SRW?

Holy crap, it just gets better and BETTER......

According to Dengeki Playstation magazine, Ultimate Frontier will have a "custom soundtrack" option, which apparently means you can replace ANY of the 70 BGM tracks in the game with any song on your Memory Stick.

Now, when I managed to find the time, I was planning to go through extravagant procedures to hack Ace Frontier so I could put other Fire Bomber/Fukuyama tracks instead of Totsugeki etc, and replace some of the instrumentals with other songs, because apparently you can do that by changing some of the codes around.

But now, I have NO complaints whatsoever with what songs they did or did not include in the game, because you can have any song you want!! Ranka can even be singing "Stage Fright" if you so wish!!

Awesome.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

yes!!!

YES!!!

YYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

CUSTOM SOUNDTRACKS! all right! My complains over not seeing the Nyan Nyan Service Medley are now discarded! This game is not going to leave my UMD tray in the following year! That's it... I wouldn't care if the game had 50 Cent. With the Custom Soundtrack, everything can be solved! Yeah!

Excuse me while I go now to the floor to convulse in a stroke of joy.

Well..is the UMD region locked? Is it infinate awesome (the game). Are all those points because of your Ace Frontier Save? Is it smooth like butter? How does teh custom song thing work? I am so jealous at you! :)

Also, did that frontier PSP theme come with the game? Or is that something custom you made/downloaded? I see the new characters have a name entry option still, but weren't they supposed to have their own names this time around? What kinda stats carried over from Ace Frontier? Mecha tune points? Character pilot levels/skills?

Edited by Keith

Any word on what PSP Firmware version will be required to play it? If it's 5.50 then there are custom firmware options, but if it's 5.55 or 6.00, theoretically, those kinds of users might be screwed unless they jump through a few hoops or if they switch to official firmware versions.

Edited by sdf2501

I got charged today by play-asia so MUF is on the way.

Any word on what PSP Firmware version will be required to play it? If it's 5.50 then there are custom firmware options, but if it's 5.55 or 6.00, theoretically, those kinds of users might be screwed unless they jump through a few hoops or if they switch to official firmware versions.

Shouldn't screw you up at all. I've had JAP firmware updates on my PSP before and it didn't do squat to it.

MUF is out in HK.

I went to the Oriental 188 Center in Wanchai during my lunch break and managed to find both the normal and special edition in only one shop on the second floor. I wasn’t able to find it in any of the other shops.

I asked the shop keeper if the special edition bonus disk was region locked and he told me it is region 2.

I bought the regular edition for HK$380 (approx. US$49). No point for me to buy the limited edition as my PSP is region 3, so I wouldn’t be able to play the bonus disk anyway and to be honest the extras don’t really excite me (I’m in it for the game, not a bunch of bonus movies I’d probably only look at once).

As surprising as it may be to some, I’m not going to play MUF right away. Although I’m sure it's going to be an amazing game, I’ve still got 2 regular missions and 2 EX missions in MAF that I need to get an 'S' on and I want to complete those first.

Graham

Man, I wish this were a PS2... or even PS3 release. There's nothing that could make me buy a PSP but I could convince myself I need a PS3 for the Blu-Ray.

I used to think the same way about getting a PSP, until I got Macross Ace Frontier. Now my PSP fulfills all my gaming needs. I haven't even touched my PS2 in over a year.

At home, the times I can play my PS2 are extremely limited as it would get hijacked by my son. But with the PSP, I play it all the time on the bus and train to and from work etc.

MAF is a fantastic game, as I'm sure MUF will be.

Graham

MAF is a fantastic game, as I'm sure MUF will be.

(UMDISO)(ゲーム)(PSP)マクロスアルティメットフロンティア.zip

733,256,561 bytes

(UMDISO)(=ω=)(PSP)マクロスアルティメットフロンティア-yoshihiro mix-(GENのみ確認).iso

大ショッカーM38iyfREI1

1,237,843,968 bytes

Edited by kresphy

I asked the shop keeper if the special edition bonus disk was region locked and he told me it is region 2.

damn i guess ill have to trade my US psp for an japanese one, does anyone know if there are any differences to the us/japan psp? also what are the going rates? i plan to trade mine at japan video games in temple city.