VF-1 Armored

cool8or

Hello guys, here is my recent build-up: the 1/72 VF-1J Armored. It's a recast from the Neograde original conversion kit, for Hasegawa Battroid.

I made again the missiles, to paint it easier and with better result. I add detail with custom decals, too.

Also, I replaced hinges, because the originals were too big.

By the way, I add details with www.mechaskunk.com accesories... great stuff!!

dsc04927redimensionar.jpg

dsc04926redimensionar.jpg

dsc04938redimensionar.jpg

dsc04937redimensionar.jpg

dsc04931redimensionar.jpg

dsc04943redimensionar.jpg

dsc04936redimensionar.jpg

dsc04935redimensionar.jpg

dsc04940redimensionar.jpg

And here is with the family:

dsc04948bredimensionar.jpg

I'll waiting your comments.

I toke those pictures in the nigth, because of that they're not the best. :unsure:

Here are some pictures about the missile build-up:

Original Lineart:

Missile #1:

missile-gbp-gh32-missile.gif

Missile #2:

missile-gbp-ga100-projectile.gif

Missile #1 build Up (56 units):

dsc04822redimensionar.jpg

dsc04821redimensionar.jpg

I made it in 2 pieces for easier painting. I used aluminium tubes, because they're thinner than plastruct tubes (this results better than Missiles I made for Phalanx)

dsc04828redimensionar.jpg

dsc04829redimensionar.jpg

dsc04831.jpg

Missile #2 build-up:

I used only a plastruct rod. I made its head with a drill:

dsc04825redimensionar.jpg

dsc04827redimensionar.jpg

After that, I made custon decals in excell:

clipredimensionar.jpg

Finished missiles:

dsc04839redimensionar.jpg

Final ubication:

dsc04844redimensionar.jpg

dsc04843redimensionar.jpg

dsc04842redimensionar.jpg

I hope do you like it. :)

Wwoooooowww! Very inspiring! I think I'm going to use your missile methods in the future, if you don't mind! ^_^ (I have a 1/72 Imai Spartan in my collection, waiting to be built.)

So, the white/red missiles are an aluminum tube (painted white), with a plastruct rod (painted red) inserted into the tube?

Stupid question: are your decals water-slide decals?

Edited by AcroRay

I think I'm going to use your missile methods in the future, if you don't mind! ^_^

Don't worry about it, It's not a patented invention ^_^

So, the white/red missiles are an aluminum tube (painted white), with a plastruct rod (painted red) inserted into the tube?

Exactly. For this partuicular case, I used 3/16" (4.8 mm)aluminium tubes and 5/32" (4mm) plastruct rods.

And yes, they are waterslide decals. I used Testor's Decal Paper.

Edited by cool8or

Very nice Ruben! Your colours and masking is great and your weathering is spot on, I feel.

Was it a pleasant build? The missiles and hinges appear a little tedious! That was quite a clever solution to create the missiles.

Mark

envy ur time n talent, love the work of art, i have one of the kit but still can't manage to kick start yet....after reading all the MW member's model kits scratch built and build_ups, i'm amazed of the timeframe taken from executing the work untill completion, its like a fast track project...kudos. it's about one month already and i can't even manage to complete my RVF-25 Messiah yet... :(

Edited by shinagami

Haha, wow.... that missile rebuild is a labor of love, and it paid off! This model came out fantastic dude. I especially love the Fully Armored Iron Man shoulder pin-up! Looks great in the family shot as well... I've got almost all of those, but have only built one of them :(

All I can say is WOW! I hope to have skills as good as yours someday!! Have you ever done a build walk through step by step? It would be awesome to see your approach to such a great build.

Edited by Demonwarp9

Haha, wow.... that missile rebuild is a labor of love, and it paid off! This model came out fantastic dude. I especially love the Fully Armored Iron Man shoulder pin-up!

You're the first in notice that!

Thank you, that is a Pinup designed by myself, specially for the Armored. I used the oficial picture of the Iron Man's HulkBuster bust from Bowen Designs. I really think that the concept is Ad-hoc. After all, Iron Man is my Favorite Superhero and Character from I was a Kid. :)

Have you ever done a build walk through step by step? It would be awesome to see your approach to such a great build.

My problem is the english. I speak spanish, so I spend a lot of time redacting a post in english. But I'll think about it. Thank you for the support. ^_^

Very nice Ruben! Your colours and masking is great and your weathering is spot on, I feel.

Was it a pleasant build? The missiles and hinges appear a little tedious! That was quite a clever solution to create the missiles.

Mark

Thank you for appreciate that tedious work. I learned too much building this kit. And that was because I did must redo a lot of things! And also, this recast had A LOT of bubbles. That was a terrible headache. Hinges was a problem too, because I needed to fix it in each piece, and make it resistant. CA in not enough.

Just great. From now on, you shall be known as the Macross Missile Master.

Thank you, that's a really good Nick Name, I'll remember it!! B))

Edited by cool8or

Gran trabajo, tu dedicacion es asombrosa y las maquetas que construyes lucen fantasticas, felicitaciones ^_^

Great Work your dedication is amazing and the maquets you built looks fantastics Congratulations ^_^

Saludos y suerte

Regards and good luck

see you my friend

• 2 weeks later...