Macross II Valks

macrossfan00

The VF-2SS is a buy but the Metal Siren for me atleast is an ugly piece of spiky mess that looks like it fits better in a gundam show then in macross.

Its just a horrible design IMO.

It's got it's ugly angles, but the scene with the Moon Festival version is sexy to me. :p Loved the colour too.

Just so dumb the Zentran p/armours caught up with supposebly the fastest of all Valkyries ever made. :lol: ! !

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

It's got it's ugly angles, but the scene with the Moon Festival version is sexy to me. :p Loved the colour too.

Just so dumb the Zentran p/armours caught up with supposebly the fastest of all Valkyries ever made. :lol: ! !

oh how I wish that were the only dumb thing about Mac II. :p

Was just watching MAC II for a bit last night. If toys are on the Horizon, I really want to see a VF-2JA 1/60!!

that reminds me, what is with the crazy origami transformation going on with the 2JA. Were illustrations released showing how it transforms?

I like the fact that the fighter modes of the kawamori valks look more "reasonable" as planes. To me the VF2SS looks too gaudy and and yeah, "ricey".

But I actually do like the metal siren. I hate the paint scheme, but the design itself looks great to me.

I like the fact that the fighter modes of the kawamori valks look more "reasonable" as planes. To me the VF2SS looks too gaudy and and yeah, "ricey".

When it comes to ricing, the VF-25 takes the cake. You know, like the Armored VF-25? And ofcourse the ultimate in ricing: http://www.new-un-spacy.com/macrossga/sdp-...ede-fighter.gif :D

And yeah, this Valk is so much more "reasonable" than the VF-2. :lol:

Yes, Bandai, Yamato, Hasegawa, et al, please give me the VF-2SS and VF-11MAXL!

I like unusual (others say ugly) looking aircraft. :lol:

Edited by Vifam7

that reminds me, what is with the crazy origami transformation going on with the 2JA. Were illustrations released showing how it transforms?

I have my book somewhere that shows the transformation process, quite complicated!! But that scene where they transform to gerwalk looks so awesome!!

And agreed danth, she is a Sexy Bird!! B))

When it comes to ricing, the VF-25 takes the cake. You know, like the Armored VF-25?

Look, I like to indulge in dirty fetishes once in a while okay? The Armored VF-25 is only awesome for how ridiculously overloaded it is. The VF-2SS isnt overloaded, but just falling apart.

The fighter mode itself looks like parts are just tacked on. The thruster/tail fin structures look like they're just resting on the back of the plane and not really connected to anything and the legs are just kind of tacked on under the wings as if they were afterthoughts. As for the SAP armor, the backpack itself looks like it's own chunky, self-contained fighter that's styled radically differently form the the VF-2SS. When you put the two together, it looks like one plane is giving another plane from a different designer a piggy back ride.

The armored VF-25 is chunky and almost comically over-armed (no kill like over-kill), but it feels like one solid fighter where every part is where it's supposed to be and not just stuck on with blu-tack.

also, the armored VF-25 looks more balanced in battroid mode compared to the VF-2SS SAP. The 25's armor adds a lot of bulk, but it's fairly well distributed. The SAP system adds almost all of its bulk to the back of the mech, with a good chunk of that being above the level of the mechs shoulders (or balanced over the mechs head by a single arm) it looks incredibly top heavy, especially with it's already tiny feet.

So many of you dislike/criticize the Macross II Valks, but can't stop talking about them..... Good or bad. I think secretly you really like them.

Vell, I think dein love fur zie Macross II Valkyries is because thie long pointy vepons secretly reminds you of dein vaters Penis.

Sigmund_Freud.jpg

Macross II merged both human and Zent technology from fighters, battleships to how the cities were rebuild. The VF-2SS is both technologies merged together since two races lived decades together and both military forces would be merged into one. Makes perfect sense that the SAP does not cosmetically match the Valk. Raise all the points you want against the series you want, most of us would buy the VF-2SS, some of us more than two.

Seems like most of the negative design remakes are all based off a 90's Bandai model kit, and not the actual line art.

Edited by Save

what zentradi elements do you see in the vf-2ss?

I don't have the picture handy, but there is a Valkyrie in the OVA, all of 3 or 4 seconds in Episode 5. But its a hybrid Zentradi-Human built variable fighter. Looks cool.

The VF-2JA & VF-2SS are definitely Earth design!!

Edited by 505thAirborne

what zentradi elements do you see in the vf-2ss?

The SAP is all Zentradi in shape and color, plus it also has the three assist laser pods that fly around the VF-2SS when the SAP used.

Macross II merged both human and Zent technology from fighters, battleships to how the cities were rebuild. The VF-2SS is both technologies merged together since two races lived decades together and both military forces would be merged into one. Makes perfect sense that the SAP does not cosmetically match the Valk. Raise all the points you want against the series you want, most of us would buy the VF-2SS, some of us more than two.

Odds are I'd probably end up buying at least four. Five or six if they release the color-stripe decals to do each character's version.

I don't have the picture handy, but there is a Valkyrie in the OVA, all of 3 or 4 seconds in Episode 5. But its a hybrid Zentradi-Human built variable fighter. Looks cool.

That's all the time it gets... that's the VF-XX Zentradi Valkyrie, 's the VF-2SS's predecessor. But for that one scene, it exists only in lineart and history snippets. It's a neat design, but there's virtually no information about it.

The VF-2JA & VF-2SS are definitely Earth design!!

Both are Earth-designed, but the VF-2SS has a lot of Zentradi hardware under the hood.

The SAP is all Zentradi in shape and color, plus it also has the three assist laser pods that fly around the VF-2SS when the SAP used.

Nitpick patrol... five auto-attacker bits, not three.

Seems like most of the negative design remakes are all based off a 90's Bandai model kit, and not the actual line art.

That was pretty much my take on it... a lot of the hate for the VF-2SS that's getting voiced here is either based on the 1:100 transforming model kit (which is not a fair representation of the mecha), or without any perspective on the worse "big gun" offenders in recent shows.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Funny that you mention that Save, I'm working on my 3rd VF-2SS 1/100 kit right now, I have to say that I don't much in the way of any Zentradi influence there. the Designer probably figured in the 90's.... Hmmm, this looks like a cool design, plus Olive Drab & Dark green is a std Military color. B))

Funny that you mention that Save, I'm working on my 3rd VF-2SS 1/100 kit right now, I have to say that I don't much in the way of any Zentradi influence there. the Designer probably figured in the 90's.... Hmmm, this looks like a cool design, plus Olive Drab & Dark green is a std Military color. B))

Is that the Bandai 1/100 kit which is was watered down interpretation the actual line art. This might help make it more clear.

DSCN2954.jpg

Edited by Save

I <3 the Metal Siren and VF-2SS SAP. I always loved the Destroids, particularly the Phalanx II (and was never a big fan of the original Phalanx).

I had 5 of the model kits at one point until I realized I was never going to build them all. So one built model, one for hopefully a future build. Sold the other 3 off but would I buy the MacII toys if they came out? Hell yes!

meh, I don't see anything particularly zentran about the design, SAP or no SAP.

Personally I think the vf-22/yf-21 does a much better job of combining human and zentran design styles.

Doesn't take away from the vf-2ss at all, just saying I don't see the influence.

I've got 5 Valkyrie II kits in my basement. I bought them years ago when they were rare and expensive and before reissue. Like $80 each or something ridiculous. I planned to keep them until I had built up my model-making skills to the point where I was good enough to make them look decent because honestly - these kits are pretty bad! :(

I've got 5 Valkyrie II kits in my basement. I bought them years ago when they were rare and expensive and before reissue. Like $80 each or something ridiculous. I planned to keep them until I had built up my model-making skills to the point where I was good enough to make them look decent because honestly - these kits are pretty bad! :(

Same here, after I bought one for like $60.00+ on Ebay, a few months later the later the reissue came out for like $22.00 or so, I think it was less than that.

I sure wish that Hasegawa could get the rights to make MAC II 1/48 Kits for right now. I know this topic is about potential toys being made, but I have this feeling that will be a long time from now.......