Post Your Collections - General Toy Collection Displays

I've been messing with my shelves alot lately with the introduction of all my new vinyls toys (both modern and vintage) and thought it'd be fun to show off where I'm at right now. The bottom shelf is my ~1/60 real robot shelf with Yamato valks, Patlabor machines, Gundam stuff, and some 28mm war gaming models all approximately in scale with each other. Next shelf up is the product of my recent discovery of all things vintage robots pre-Transformers. On top of that is some Transformers and some vinyls, and then on top of that some bigger Transformers and models I've built. I also snapped a shot of my Machine Robo shelf, and my 'shelfless' Jumbo-sized toys. I've got another set of modern vinyls and other stuff spread around on my bookshelves, but this is the bulk of what's out right now. It's a shame I'm out of room, because I've an Iron Man collection that fills a shelf on its own, and a huge storage bin full of more G1 Transformers that I tragically have nowhere to put.

shelves01.png

shelves04.png

shelves08.png

shelves10.png

shelves11.png

More pics here:

http://prometheusrising.wordpress.com/2009/06/11/shelves/

I've got my collection set up in a similar fashion on open wooden shelves, and I'm to the point where I'm just gonna pack everything up until I can get some proper display cases with glass doors. I'm tired of the dust everything accumulates within weeks. It's a pain having to move everything to wipe the shelves then dusting everything off and putting it all back.

Nice man, really nice. I feel you about not having space, ever since my son came along and took my display room, I have a very limited amount of display space, coupled with the fact he's 2 and I don't want my stuff destroyed. I'll pull some stuff out and snap pics though. Kudos on the Overlord fig, I'm not into TF's really anymore (although I do have my G1's still from when I did collect and a few of my favorites from other lines) and Overlord always escaped my grasp. It was either incomplete, too expensive, or someone else got there first. I see you have Brave Max as well, I have that and I actually like it more than Fort Max. I don't know, I like weird color schemes, and Fort Max always looked bland to me, like an overgrown Metroplex. Anyhow, my biggest question for you is:

"I know you're hiding all those awesome Gundam and other model builds somewhere, so show 'em!"

The other thing is that I hope Graham reads this, I've been dying to see his collection/squadron. Maybe armada is a better term.

Edited by Excillon

Thanks! Yeah, the Gundams are on a tall shelf, so I need a stool or something to take pics, but I can snap one off later. My 1/72 sci-fi models are on the top shelf above, but my 1/35 historical models are on their own satellite display, but need a couple of things repaired before I take pics of them together :(

My collection took 60 pictures to photograph.

Obviously that's a tad too many to post, so what I've done is to reduce the size of each picture and slap them onto large pages - this makes for 7 pages of multi-frame pictures. The Transformers Animated Shelf is gone - I've decided to sell them. I will be putting Beast Wars on that shelf and hopefully adding to the BW II and Neo collection (in these pictures, the BW are all packed in their boxes):

5khzf5.jpg

2e6a3yw.jpg

dw564g.jpg

awu746.jpg

33xfng8.jpg

x6iumq.jpg

23h1stj.jpg

Pete

• 4 months later...

hmmmm.... shelves.. okay then here's mine:

HERE'S MY FIRST MACROSS DEDICATED CABINET SITUATED OVER OUR HOUSE LAWN

LOWEST LEVEL - Macross Do You Remember Love

3686830011_d6b2bb3658.jpg

3687630476_a82ebcbe0f.jpg

From L to R:

- VF-1A Super Hayao Kakizaki

- VF-1S Strike/Super Hikaru Ichigo

- VF-1S Strike/Super Roy Focket (Skull Leader)

- VF-1S Super Maximilian Jenius

with my first ever scratch build - DYRL ARMD Launch Arm and Base

SECOND LEVEL - Macross Super Dimension Fortress

3686798075_5ef23e3a87.jpg

3686799205_c68767d58d.jpg

From L to R:

- VF-1S 25th Anniversary VF-1S (Only non-camo valk i chose to display)

- VF-1J Super Maximilian Jenius

- VF-1J Super Hikaru Ichigo

- VF-1S Super Miria Fallyna

- VF-1A Mass Production Type

THIRD LEVEL - Macross ZERO

3687602314_2530e1cbc6.jpg

3687603916_16224e2ba2.jpg

wanted an Exhibit like theme for this line.. so made a custom made acrylic labels for each valkyries:

3686803975_c0a7854283.jpg

From L to R:

- VF-OA VF-0A Phoenix "Angel" Special Assault Specification (Shin Kudo)

- SV-51 with Dornier Booster (Nora Polyansky)

- Destroid MONSTER

- SV-51 with Dornier Booster (D.D. Ivanov)

- VF-OA VF-0A Phoenix Special Assault Specification (Roy Focker)

Edited by MaveRick

FOURTH LEVEL - My Scratch-build Macross Armored Factory and Maintenance Bay

3687608740_20772bb3d1.jpg

3687609646_ccd7ea93bc.jpg

3687610398_b4785d3ab1.jpg

From L to R:

- Destroid Tamahawk

- VF-1S Strike/Super Roy Focker (Version 2)

- VF-1J VF-1J Stealth Valkyrie in Urban Camo GBP Armor

TOP LEVEL - Macross PLUS (New Edwards Base lolz)

- sorry for the crappy pics..

3686809913_5b8071fd71.jpg

3686810633_0e70a46213.jpg

3687629600_d2588bd420.jpg

From L to R:

- YF-21 Omega One with Fast Packs (Guld Bowman)

- VF-11B Super Thunderbolt (Isamu Dayson)

- YF-19 Alpha One with Fast Packs and Fold Booster

DISPLAY AREA 2 OVER MY ROOM

:: MY DISPLAY AREA ::

Roughly Two months in the making.. I personally made all the plans, chose the all materials to be used, electrical wirings and halogen installation were done by me and a friend (sugar.. who also helped me with the electronics for macross armored factory) Given my budget constraints, it wasn't easy.

The room used to be my sister's room.. after mom told me she might be leaving to USA for good, i basically have the entire house for myself. She did ask me if i wanted to transfer to our other house, and just sell the old one, but being quite the "sentimental type" i opted to just stay at our old house, besides.. i like its location better..

nuff talk.. here's my new setup hehehe (pics where actually taken a month ago.. will update this one soon with the new statues displayed)

ANIME STATUE DEDICATED WALL/CABINET

With Lighting Type A (Camera was set to automatic color balance, so the light color is exactly the same as actual)

3924320877_bd03407976.jpg

3924320839_b5f4b034c1_m.jpg3924320845_a24782f9a4_m.jpg

3924333079_252fd2eb76_m.jpg3924360135_da8f47049d_m.jpg

3924360151_5ae70725db_m.jpg3924360167_26df60dd81_m.jpg

3925164626_fc477b15e6_m.jpg3925164686_bf74f5c007_m.jpg

Edited by MaveRick

ROBOT DEDICATED CABINETS

i temporarily placed robots from different toy lines.. still contemplating if i'll do another Macross Dedicated display theme, other than the one i set up at our lawn, or just stick with the temporary display theme and just add up more robots to fill the area.. i'm likely to lean on the latter, once i get to complete all VF-1 Version 2 Yamato Valkyries.. got few shots only since it's not yet final..

With Lighting Type A (Camera was set to automatic color balance, so the light color is exactly the same as actual)

3924333121_ef1b44881f.jpg

3924351187_82b077550f.jpg

With Lighting Type B (Camera was set to automatic color balance, so the light color is exactly the same as actual)

3924351167_5339cf167f.jpg

3924351167_5339cf167f.jpg

3924333115_f01d16307c.jpg

.. other side, under construction ^_^6

3823184386_5b38592905.jpg

Edited by MaveRick

DISPLAY AREA 3 - THE REST OF MY TOY LINES.. it's an old picture i took when i was rearranging some of my stuff:

still a mess, but i promise to share to you guys and updated pictures once i'm finally done with cleaning and arranging them..

4018881414_09e8ee2133.jpg

4018881416_aa6aa002a5.jpg

4018881420_d804a7a660.jpg

Edited by MaveRick

My god, these set-ups are something to see. Makes me sad to have sold most of my collection recently. If I could have a nice display set-up like some of these would be great. Need room and display case money!

thanks everyone for the comments... just making up most out the luxury of chance (of being single hehe), though i think some of those collectibles might need to go sooner or later as i feel like i'm getting too old to keep all of them.. (i'm 28 by the way)

since early this year, i've been keen with buying new stuff (limiting my purchases to macross goodies and large anime statues).. had to start allocating my funds to more important matters.. (getting married perhaps lol)

Edited by MaveRick

well i posted this before

My collection now is spilling over to the second guest room

And the other half of it in Overflowing bins

2nd im not surprised about the divorce rates in america anymore

3. No wonder oil is disappearing faster then we pull it out as its all in glass cabinets and anime boobs

DSC02760.jpg

DSC02754.jpg

DSC02755.jpg

DSC02757.jpg

DSC02758.jpg

I have since updated the collection

and putting up shelving in the room will update soon

Edited by nugundamII

Hello Promethuems5!

Excellent collection!

When you find the time, do you mind please taking a size comparison photo of Skylynx in 4-leg mode next to a 1/60 valkyrie? Thank you.

I was 10 years old when Skylynx came out but I'm from a poor fam...but now I see it at an affordable $65 USD tag. I'm thinking about getting it.

- Jason

I've been messing with my shelves alot lately with the introduction of all my new vinyls toys (both modern and vintage) and thought it'd be fun to show off where I'm at right now. The bottom shelf is my ~1/60 real robot shelf with Yamato valks, Patlabor machines, Gundam stuff, and some 28mm war gaming models all approximately in scale with each other. Next shelf up is the product of my recent discovery of all things vintage robots pre-Transformers. On top of that is some Transformers and some vinyls, and then on top of that some bigger Transformers and models I've built. I also snapped a shot of my Machine Robo shelf, and my 'shelfless' Jumbo-sized toys. I've got another set of modern vinyls and other stuff spread around on my bookshelves, but this is the bulk of what's out right now. It's a shame I'm out of room, because I've an Iron Man collection that fills a shelf on its own, and a huge storage bin full of more G1 Transformers that I tragically have nowhere to put.

http://prometheusrising.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/shelves01.png

http://prometheusrising.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/shelves04.png

http://prometheusrising.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/shelves08.png

http://prometheusrising.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/shelves10.png

http://prometheusrising.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/shelves11.png

More pics here:

http://prometheusrising.wordpress.com/2009/06/11/shelves/

Nugundam, u are a lucky man. My wife would never let me spread across our apartment like that!

thanks but she really doesnt We rent a 3500 square foot house so i have a man basement

Lets me experiment with how i want the setup when I finally buy a house Hopefully i a couple of years if this Bubble will burst

Hello Promethuems5!

Excellent collection!

When you find the time, do you mind please taking a size comparison photo of Skylynx in 4-leg mode next to a 1/60 valkyrie? Thank you.

I was 10 years old when Skylynx came out but I'm from a poor fam...but now I see it at an affordable $65 USD tag. I'm thinking about getting it.

- Jason

Hi Doodler, unfortunately I do not have Sky Lynx... I believe he is pretty large though, bigger than a 1/60 VF-1.

I have some newer shelf pics forthcoming, actually... my display right now is like 9/10 vinyl Kaiju, a couple new JP G1 transformers, an a couple big new toys that came today!