Next Series´s Valkyries

Aegis!

Which of these valkyries would you prefer to be the main valk for the next series ?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these valkyries would you prefer to be the main valk for the next series ?

• VF-9
    • VA/F-14
    • VF-3000
    • VF-5000 (any variant)
    • VF-4
    • Variable Glaug
    • Pheyos Valk
    • VF-11
    • Kawamori will probably design a new valkyrie again

I was thinking it would be interesting to start a thread so to have an idea of which never-before featured valkyrie would make the best main character´s variable fighter for the next series (if there´s one of course) after Macross Zero.

I didn´t include the VF-1 or AVFs cause I preffered to put only those valkyries that haven´t seen any action in a Macross animation before. Of course , whichever valk you choose will imply your preference for which decade you think the next Macross series should be set in.

You also have to take into account the fact that the main character doesn´t need to get the best of the best (something that would actually add something to the story).

Specify your reasons for your selection :lol:

I'd like to think that Kawamori is constantly pushing the envelope for the future of Macross. That's why I went with the Kawamori option, lets keep those VF variants coming.......Yamato needs to stay in business. :ph34r:

Um... VF-22. :blink:

VF-19 "cannon fodders" with older VF-22 Spec Ops and the new next gen valkyrie that will replace the VF-22. :)

Though I'm liking to hypothesize about UN Spacy getting in a budget crunch and deciding to make a single engine less flashy version of VF-22 ala JSF vs F-22 and using THAT to replace the VF-19... all due to budget concerns. ;)

I'd like to see a new series set sometime post-FB2012, with the main character starting off flying a VF-4 and then halfway or two thirds of the way through the series, transitioning to the newer VF-5000.

Graham

That seems like the logical step.

Remember that the main fighter may also be changed during the anime (kinda like the VF-11 to YF-19 in Macross Plus OVAs) , so we might start with a VF-5000 and then pass to the VF-14 or whatever Kawamori wants.

I belive there´s a big enough void in the timeline after SDF Macross and before Macross Plus to let it be ignored , it would really be a waste of time not to publish something related to the events during this times. The main valkyrie plays such a big role in a macross show that if Kawamori goes with this period of time for the next series it would be frustrating to have a new fighter and not one of these valkyries , in the other hand if he sets the next Macross after 2050 then it would apply to have something new but it would be repetitive to some extent.

Um... VF-22. :blink:

VF-19 "cannon fodders" with older VF-22 Spec Ops and the new next gen valkyrie that will replace the VF-22. :)

Though I'm liking to hypothesize about UN Spacy getting in a budget crunch and deciding to make a single engine less flashy version of VF-22 ala JSF vs F-22 and using THAT to replace the VF-19... all due to budget concerns. ;)

I meant this thread to be restricted to those valkyries that have not been featured in a Macross animation production.

the VF-22 or VF-19 were featured already in M7.

I like Graham's idea of a post 2012 scenario too but hopefully without involving any of the original characters.

A VFX-2 based series woud be nice also...where we can see the nephew(?) of the great Roy Focker eventually rise up against corruption in the UN.

Post 2050 what can Valks are we going to expect ?Shinsei Industries have strong footing with their successful VF-19 series while General Galaxy continues to fulfill spec ops VF requirements. Something from Northrom perhaps ?

I think the same 3 ppl pick the VF-9. My fave, the first to use a FSW design.

Uhh I chose the the VF-9... and not because of FSW.(not a big fan of FSW as we all well know)

It just reminds me of A-4 skyhawk which I always thought was a neat plane. I think smaller fighters in the future are an interesting concept

I voted for the VF-14, but what I mean is any of the more obscure VF's. I think it would be cool to see a story of a small special forces group using VF's that aren't of the main stream. I don't know if the VF-14 fits the bill, but it sounds like a pretty versitile plane.

In all reality, I'd bet that Kawamori would make a new plane all together.

Um... VF-22.  :blink: 

I meant this thread to be restricted to those valkyries that have not been featured in a Macross animation production.

the VF-22 or VF-19 were featured already in M7.

Did you read the rest of my post? Either the "new next gen valkyrie" or hypothetical mentioned below. VF-19 would be like VF-11 in M7... and VF-22 would be like VF-17 in M7. IOW, old news but still there. The focus would be on one of the two (next gen or hypothetical).

It would be nice to see something with the VF-4 the main fighter, the VA-3 the main bomber, and the VA/F-14 and VF-9 as special forces fighters with a few VF-1 as recon and reserve planes. I think he'd do something new.

What would be cool is a series from the Anti UN side with the UN as the bad guy and explaining why they desided to break away and showing thier own VFs. :D

Why not use those cool SW-XA series in the next series?  I really liked both of those, and maybe Kawamori could cook up an SW-XAIII for it.

I love those designs. But I thought that those designs were around the Macross 7-era (unless my knowledge has been poluted by crappy RPG sites...).

Sort of. The only thing we know definatively is that the SW-XA1 was developed after the VF-17, to create a fighter that retained the stealth of the VF-17 but had higher atmospheric performance, so they started the Stealth Wing eXperiment with the basic design of the VF-1, because they had loads of combat data on it. And even then, that backstory is not considered canon.

Does it matter if it's around Macross 7's time period? There was a lot more going on then than just what was happing to the Macross 7 fleet. As long as the story is good, I don't care when it takes place or if it overlaps with another story.

How about the VF-3000?? It looks enough like a VF-1 in fighter and Battroid modes that many people should pick up on it as a VF-1 successor, but especially in Battroid mode it looks more solid and stronger than a VF-1 plus it could feature missle pods in the larger shoulder areas ala the GBP-1 armor.